Gatzby

January 2019 Recap

1 minute ago, Hotpokkaminny said:

obviously insurgency is a different game, it's still not an excuse

how many years does it have to take for you people to say enough? you still teleport when getting revived ffs

Squad is an ambitious game, it's quite complex in the grand scale of things - So of course it's going to take longer, especially when you consider development team and budget scale into the equation, compared to AAA companies. OWI is doing fine, a few wonky patches here and there, but they're still here working on the game. Unlike 1000's of other early access games that are abandoned 6 months into the development, or are in a complete broken state for years.

Also, IIRC - Rag-doll physics are being reworked, meaning revive teleporting and jiggling bodies will be a thing of the past. I think the issue is, you're expecting Squad to play and function as a complete game, when it's not. Maybe take a break and come back to Squad when it's further a long in it's development.

If you're not going to make any attempt to reasonably consider legitimate points made, and just say any point counter to what you say is rampant fanboyism, you're not really having a conversion or being rational. Just stating something is 'not an excuse' without bothering with the facts  that clearly are at least relevant to considerations makes you look like someone without any objectivity or critical thinking ability whatsoever. 

No FCS and thermal sight for armored vehicle while mobility kill feature introduced.

Could we get them if infantry got real heavy AT weapons?

6 hours ago, Dubs said:

Squad is an ambitious game, it's quite complex in the grand scale of things - So of course it's going to take longer, especially when you consider development team and budget scale into the equation, compared to AAA companies. OWI is doing fine, a few wonky patches here and there, but they're still here working on the game. Unlike 1000's of other early access games that are abandoned 6 months into the development, or are in a complete broken state for years.

Also, IIRC - Rag-doll physics are being reworked, meaning revive teleporting and jiggling bodies will be a thing of the past. I think the issue is, you're expecting Squad to play and function as a complete game, when it's not. Maybe take a break and come back to Squad when it's further a long in it's development.

What about a weapon resting/stablisation system like red orchestra does ...Do you have any info about an implementation of this feature ?

1 hour ago, selecto said:

What about a weapon resting/stablisation system like red orchestra does ...Do you have any info about an implementation of this feature ?

A quote from Fuzzhead(Game designer) from the AMA on reddit held recently.

"Weapon resting is a complicated system that is not currently in the pipeline, its not due to us not wanting the feature though. At some later time we may decide to revisit its implementation but as of right now we are not actively developing a system for weapon resting. At this time we cannot use the current system for bipods, as that system relies on a button press for setting the bipod, which is very economical way to implement in regards to the cost to the server tick. A weapon resting system we would need to be more passive and always doing these checks for appropriate rest, which would be alot more expensive to the server tick, and not practical in the current implementation."

Here's the reddit thread, where developers recently answered a lot of questions.

https://www.reddit.com/r/joinsquad/comments/amso6y/psa_squad_developers_will_be_doing_an_ama_right/

54 minutes ago, Dubs said:

A quote from Fuzzhead(Game designer) from the AMA on reddit held recently.

"Weapon resting is a complicated system that is not currently in the pipeline, its not due to us not wanting the feature though. At some later time we may decide to revisit its implementation but as of right now we are not actively developing a system for weapon resting. At this time we cannot use the current system for bipods, as that system relies on a button press for setting the bipod, which is very economical way to implement in regards to the cost to the server tick. A weapon resting system we would need to be more passive and always doing these checks for appropriate rest, which would be alot more expensive to the server tick, and not practical in the current implementation."

Here's the reddit thread, where developers recently answered a lot of questions.

https://www.reddit.com/r/joinsquad/comments/amso6y/psa_squad_developers_will_be_doing_an_ama_right/

Thx Dubs ! So it's a "Maybe in the future".

On 15/02/2019 at 6:04 PM, Dubs said:

I know it's not a complete game, that much is clear

it's been 3 years and we only just got tanks, there's no roadmap at all, planned content has been abandoned, game modes have been abandoned, weapon resting has been abandoned (stated reason: it's too hard lol), there is still no attachment system, we have no idea when the finished game is actually releasing if ever and to top it all off they're charging more than insurgency sandstorm and rising storm 2 but hey at least it's not dayz right?

maybe I should come back in 3 years, I'm sure at that point they will start teasing untextured helicopter models and will have redesigned the UI a few more times

I honestly do wonder - for all your suggestion that anyone with what I personally feel is a more grounded and balanced viewpoint than you - that you are unrelentingly hostile and ignorant of all the discussion that's been raised. It's like a religious zealot, for who evidence, facts and so on have no bearing, because belief takes all precedent. Do you even like the game? I'm being serious. Maybe you should come back in three years, yeah, or not at all if you really find it so horribly offensive in its current iteration, and I'm not being mean in saying that - it just seems that you really aren't happy with it, so I'm not sure why you engage. Maybe you'd be happier as a person if you played Katamari Damacy for a bit instead.

50 minutes ago, Hotpokkaminny said:

I know it's not a complete game, that much is clear

it's been 3 years and we only just got tanks, there's no roadmap at all, planned content has been abandoned, game modes have been abandoned, weapon resting has been abandoned (stated reason: it's too hard lol), there is still no attachment system, we have no idea when the finished game is actually releasing if ever and to top it all off they're charging more than insurgency sandstorm and rising storm 2 but hey at least it's not dayz right?

maybe I should come back in 3 years, I'm sure at that point they will start teasing untextured helicopter models and will have redesigned the UI a few more times

OWI doesn't give a public road map, to avoid the whole debacle of deadlines, because in development, unplanned bugs and things happen. Allows them to focus on what they're trying to build, and not rush it - Like what happened with v7. 

1. Only planned content from kick-starter that won't be in Squad is playable jets, and a sniper role - Which devs have given their reasons to why.
  2. Game modes have not been abandoned at all. The code work and foundation built for RAAS, allows for them to complete territory control, as the old code work they had, didn't allow for what they needed to do. Insurgency mode has plans to be reworked too.
  3. IIRC, Weapon resting was never promised - Bipods were(Which we have). Weapon resting was a "maybe" and something they'd like in Squad. As stated in the Dev quote above, it's just not viable right now and might be revisited. 
  4. There was never a planned attachment system - "Light" customization was though and there was no real solid plans of how they wanted to do it. I do suggest you look up leaked v13 footage, where the first iteration of multiple choices for classes was shown.

Maybe a break will be a good thing, I have breaks from time to time and refresh my brain from Squad. Maybe you'll be surprised nicely, to what you come back to :)

On 18/02/2019 at 1:23 AM, TheRed said:

I honestly do wonder - for all your suggestion that anyone with what I personally feel is a more grounded and balanced viewpoint than you - that you are unrelentingly hostile and ignorant of all the discussion that's been raised. It's like a religious zealot, for who evidence, facts and so on have no bearing, because belief takes all precedent. Do you even like the game? I'm being serious. Maybe you should come back in three years, yeah, or not at all if you really find it so horribly offensive in its current iteration, and I'm not being mean in saying that - it just seems that you really aren't happy with it, so I'm not sure why you engage. Maybe you'd be happier as a person if you played Katamari Damacy for a bit instead.

I'm not an unhappy person I'm just blunt and like to be efficient with my words, maybe you could learn from that

I do like the game, I just don't like the lack of vision and laziness of the devs

On 18/02/2019 at 2:02 AM, Dubs said:

OWI doesn't give a public road map, to avoid the whole debacle of deadlines, because in development, unplanned bugs and things happen. Allows them to focus on what they're trying to build, and not rush it - Like what happened with v7. 

1. Only planned content from kick-starter that won't be in Squad is playable jets, and a sniper role - Which devs have given their reasons to why.
  2. Game modes have not been abandoned at all. The code work and foundation built for RAAS, allows for them to complete territory control, as the old code work they had, didn't allow for what they needed to do. Insurgency mode has plans to be reworked too.
  3. IIRC, Weapon resting was never promised - Bipods were(Which we have). Weapon resting was a "maybe" and something they'd like in Squad. As stated in the Dev quote above, it's just not viable right now and might be revisited. 
  4. There was never a planned attachment system - "Light" customization was though and there was no real solid plans of how they wanted to do it. I do suggest you look up leaked v13 footage, where the first iteration of multiple choices for classes was shown.

Maybe a break will be a good thing, I have breaks from time to time and refresh my brain from Squad. Maybe you'll be surprised nicely, to what you come back to :)

if devs can't set and stick to deadlines it's a competency issue, unplanned obstacles happen in all industries and workplaces

1. frankly the devs reasons are cop outs that more or less amount to "we don't like it"

2. snipers and CAS was planned too, until I see evidence they're working on insurgency I don't believe it

3 and 4. it doesn't matter if they were planned or not, they belong in a realistic FPS

12 hours ago, Hotpokkaminny said:

if devs can't set and stick to deadlines it's a competency issue, unplanned obstacles happen in all industries and workplaces

1. frankly the devs reasons are cop outs that more or less amount to "we don't like it"

2. snipers and CAS was planned too, until I see evidence they're working on insurgency I don't believe it

3 and 4. it doesn't matter if they were planned or not, they belong in a realistic FPS

By that logic, everyone on the planet has competency issues, because everyone has these moments - Can't do X by Y time, because unplanned/unforeseen Z delayed them. Devs at OWI obviously have deadlines set by their employers, they're just not made public in road-map form with dates. Like I said, to avoid a v7 type of scenario.

We are going in circles here, it kind of seems like you want to argue for the sake of arguing and are just ignoring & disregarding everything that is being said. 

I'm just going to move on. I suggest reading through the AMA here, and whats planned for 2019 here and keep up to date with what's going on in Squad development + the plans.

have a nice day.

17 hours ago, Dubs said:

By that logic, everyone on the planet has competency issues

wouldn't be wrong lol

you're right we are going in circles, I'm fairly certain this game will never live up to it's potential (especially if they listen to the people that post on this forum) which is a huge shame because there truly is a huge amount of potential here

unfortunately modding is nowhere near as popular as it once was, so I doubt we'll be seeing a PR mod anytime soon

It's almost like you are in your own little world.

Modding: anything with  quality inherently becomes more complex and time consuming with increases of fidelity and engine complexity; a shame but it is the case.

Potential - I don't think there are many who wouldn't idealise some aspirations that may be beyond practical reach of the game. It's just that some, including me, try to be understanding of the realities of development, limitations of engine, right of the developers to pursue the vision they want as wish, etc. I'd love this to be a 150v150, huge maps with many improvements in certain systems etc, player-controlled CAS, 100 maps etc. I just don't expect that. This isn't to do with being an apologist for 'incompetent' developers. It's just called trying to be a grown up about expectations and also factoring in the positives, which I maintain are extensive already. I can't get anyone who thinks they, and they alone, are the best qualified to know what's best and all the facts. It's just a special kind of nasty conceit and arrogance. The idea that everyone on the forum, bar you and a little cabal of almost conspiracy-theory level vociferous critics, are wrong in their entirety and have no right to have their own views on the game is just pathetic. It's this same 'we know best, it's us and them, so they must be the enemy and are totally wrong, so we won't talk reasonably' shit is deployed throughout the resurgence of populist, tribalist politics at the moment as well, so maybe you're just a product of your environment. Why not just say 'make Squad great again', huh..!?

Sorry if this message isn't blunt enough, or 'efficient', but if you want something succinct: you are consistenyl a poisonously nasty voice, not a constructive presence at all. I think you would do better to try to shape the game as far as your limited influence goes in different ways. Also remember that it's just a game, huh? Something that shouldn't spawn nastiness or hostile divisiveness, but your willingness to insult everyone directly or otherwise doesn't make you look like some kind of Squad folk hero.