Zylfrax791

Custom Heightmaps

Removed. Lack of interest. PM me if want a particular heightmap created.

Edited by Zylfrax791
Update

Afghanistan v2 8k Heightmap

10B0A792A8F4E87487150432C5756A40F250FAE2

I did a big revision of the Afghanistan 8k merge. Changes include adjusting Sumari to its correct size, adding Logar, creating a new watershed and numerous changes to the fill in terrain. All of the waterways are connected and a couple roads but in the future I plan on adding some roadways to connect Logar and Chora to the main map area.

Afghanistan Download Link:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1tMVRvWttTMHJ_oc4m4otOpiPRnMEt7HU

Kamdesh Valley IRL 8k - 1 Meter Resolution

A20B18DC28F8443843DD8C29C550E8DAE47953C5

90BDFA24571FC68C967972DD72EBBBDC25FFCBE5

A2DD1288387ACDB13F4AFDAF37F1C0A135BA6C42

Kamdesh Valley Download Link:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1e6rh4V9gCSlnqmj1UDgNOsBTrqnYabBo

Slavic Land v1 - Mestia/Fools Road Merge

I connected Mestia to Fools Road where the sign indicates its location. v2 will include Gorodok and Narva and connect the waterways to Fools Road.

4C9B26A31730CA3AB7A530D3E5262E64F248378D

C22A8C126BE47DA788656E44DB4C52A79D277834

C3A66A514325D3A2BE69B1AFBACF5647807BF268

Slavic Land Download Link:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1izwRga6C9IgPcarauSX4dp8sUBs54ooO

Korengal Valley IRL

A1303D6B29A8FB63BF908BD04C3C39880C2E4D35

Korengal Valley Download Link:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1zpvgiAxQXYaGApqxCFb3mPatodTZLVdH

Edited by Zylfrax791
Update

Thanks for the resources!

Could we have some more detailed instructions on how to get these to work.  I have tried to import into content and it does bring in the png file but I have no idea if this is what I should be seeing and the fact that I cant really do anything with it when it is imported.

Thanks and no rush!

Steve

On 2/15/2019 at 7:10 AM, -Steve- said:

Thanks for the resources!

Could we have some more detailed instructions on how to get these to work.  I have tried to import into content and it does bring in the png file but I have no idea if this is what I should be seeing and the fact that I cant really do anything with it when it is imported.

Thanks and no rush!

Steve

71D49284A75EB5BC0B856D86A93B002B79A6980B

D2D6A04600A097E2176A0B05F1D9A010991A5CF0

I have a question you guys could maybe help me with.

Is it possible to say go on google earth find a nice piece of land and take that part and convert it in game map.

It would look beautifully real,i think its possible but i do not know if the developers can do that on a legal side of things.

Some of the maps in game do not feel real.

4 hours ago, Bahrein said:

I have a question you guys could maybe help me with.

Is it possible to say go on google earth find a nice piece of land and take that part and convert it in game map.

It would look beautifully real,i think its possible but i do not know if the developers can do that on a legal side of things.

Some of the maps in game do not feel real.

That's essentially what I'm already doing. Anything labeled IRL above is the actual location. USA has 10 meter DEMs and even a few 1 meter as well. Certain areas of the rest of the world have some decent resolution however I can upscale the precision level with good results for example I made one for my Croatian friend and it ended up being off within a couple of meters. Name a location and I can try it.

2 minutes ago, Zylfrax791 said:

That's essentially what I'm already doing. Anything labeled IRL above is the actual location. USA has 10 meter DEMs and even a few 1 meter as well. Certain areas of the rest of the world have some decent resolution however I can upscale the precision level with good results for example I made one for my Croatian friend and it ended up being off within a couple of meters. Name a location and I can try it.

No no need for you to waste your time with me :-) I am just asking if its possible to do so and implement it in this game of ours ;-)

Thank you for your answers guys.Was always wondering if its possible.

This is truly awesome. I wonder if a heightmap of the Lauterbrunnen valley in Switzerland is possible in Squad. As a LotR fan i'd love to see actual Rivendell lol.

Posted (edited)
On 3/11/2019 at 3:04 AM, Guan_Yu007 said:

This is truly awesome. I wonder if a heightmap of the Lauterbrunnen valley in Switzerland is possible in Squad. As a LotR fan i'd love to see actual Rivendell lol.

Edited by Zylfrax791

Posted (edited)

Not enough space. PM if you need a particular heightmap of pretty much anywhere in the world there is data.

Edited by Zylfrax791
Update