Jump to content
StonedAF

Is it likely we'll get the humvee's back?

Recommended Posts

34 minutes ago, StonedAF said:

As the title says, is it likely the humvees will see a return in squad?

Probably not. Even disregarding the license issues, humvees have been replaced in the US army too.

Edited by oTec

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1-2-2019 at 5:17 PM, StonedAF said:

rip, humvees looked cooler than the mraps imo

Yep.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Iconic but sadly not really fit for purpose. Can't see why GM play the licence card they could do with all the advertising they can get. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3.2.2019 at 3:42 PM, Major Trouble said:

Can't see why GM play the licence card they could do with all the advertising they can get. 

Well its not just about using the Humvee by activision heavily in some games its also about driving to Promotions in Humvees with there logo on the side and licensing humvee-toys to a third party

and GM only sued after one year of negotiation with activision.

 

Its more like if your neighbor borrow your car, without asking you, and starts to paint his name all over it, and eventually starting to rent it to his Friends for money, and if you ask him if he would at least give you some of this money, his respons would be just a F*U, well...

can`t realy blame GM for suing ;).

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/7/2019 at 4:34 AM, Titan84 said:

Its more like if your neighbor borrow your car, without asking you, and starts to paint his name all over it, and eventually starting to rent it to his Friends for money, and if you ask him if he would at least give you some of this money, his respons would be just a F*U, well...

can`t realy blame GM for suing ;).

 

 

It's more like your neighbour uses your car's image in his game/movie. People watching this movie or playing this game go "Oh hey, Titan's car is cool in neighbour's game/movie. I want one."

 

It's why I think Arma was always silly having the big TRIJICON ACOG license on their splash screen. If I was an optic manufacturer I'd want my product in every game and movie I could shove it into.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Rybec said:

It's more like your neighbour uses your car's image in his game/movie. People watching this movie or playing this game go "Oh hey, Titan's car is cool in neighbour's game/movie. I want one."

Well that is the case with every other game/FIlm they are not suing (there are tons of) ;)

 

Doesnt mean, that in future, if they succeed, they wouldnt think "well this was easy, lets make more money out of this"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×