Jump to content
infamousplayer

Squad is dead or not ?

Recommended Posts

I want know , for you , how is the game , this is not a attack , just discuss about squad is dead or not
1300hours , buy 3 years ago .

for me a good game which will slowly disapear.

share our feelings

 

 

Edited by infamousplayer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I actually see more fully popped servers with ques than I have ever before so I have to strongly disagree on this one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mate! You can be disagree, but this game going to be worst and worst day after day. Net coding of the game is shit. No equalisation to the ping. I mean here you go in to the room and your enemy no come in to the room. He is teleporting in and you die. And like  in the MoHAA leaning persons hitbox no there. Devs! this is the 15 years old problem!!!!!! all gamer shoot already lean position. So what is the realistic in this game. 15 years old problems in the game! And other exactly same problem with the high ping like in the CoD2. If your enemy use the different network card setup (high ping) be the unshotable. An other your hitbox and your caracter looks over on the hill top if you see your caracter behind the horizont. This is 15 years old problem as well.

So this is the 5 years old beta game where no step ahead only polishing clown. no step ahead. Like PS. Devs, need more work on the game and forget make more fun videos about your plan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Squad will die slowly like what happened to PR, but knowing the community. It will take years before that will happen. There is a lot of replayability, and mods haven't been properly implemented (Modding 2.0 Gatzby where IS IT!!!) for it to expand the life cycle of the game. Otherwise, the game will be here for years. By the way, you need to get your internet fix because my ping is fine and the net coding is good. Criticizing the pace of the game's development is worth to be criticized as the game should have been completed since last year. Now the game is almost done with adding features to the game. Polishing will be the next thing to do. V12 is the most optimized it has ever been in every version.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Squad is still by far the best fps game out right now!! we've got many more years of squad to go

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can barely get into servers because they're always full? Game hasn't even been released yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Major problems of this game still not fixed:

1. Horrible netcoding: Dying behind cover is even worse than what BF3 used to be.

2. Non-existing faction balance: Seriously is the guy managing faction balance even getting paid? How come RU got the worst of everything out of the club of conventional army? And why is it taking so damn long to change the utterly unusable RU scope pattern? Right now playing RU faction is nothing but painful for me.

3. Undestructable UK/US APCs relative to the pathetic anti-tank capacity of the infantry: The point is, if any APC driver is stupid enough to allow the side/rear get hit, the vehicle should at least be disabled right there, and nope the crew shall not have the magical ability to repair the engine. No more "Warrior driver playing like a donkey but kept alive by repairing" BS. 

Edited by Noobgamer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ZXD_Lee said:

Squad is still by far the best fps game out right now!! we've got many more years of squad to go

I would concur. I've personally enjoyed the game itself immensely mostly because it reminds me so much of the Novalogic Delta Force games. So for me its more of a nostalgia factor. The trouble is though in my opinion Squad has always been the answer to a question that pretty much nobody asked. You see, sitting on the fence between MilSim and Arcade does nothing but pretty much bewilder the majority of the demographic of potential players in this genre. Not only that, but both sub genres cancel each other out within the game. I don't think anyone ever really considered that factor at its inception. So for the Arma type people Squad isn't realistic enough and on the other hand for the COD Kids its clunky and slow with way too much downtime and planning. 

 

Certainly the proof of this is the simple statistics available online. https://steamcharts.com/app/393380 Besides the bumps across the graph related to free weekends and patch releases the community has basically plateaued across its entire timeline and is on another downward trend currently. And its not like there aren't a lot of keys out their either, I think it was close to around half a million plus last time I checked.

 

Bottom line, to answer OP's original question, no Squad isn't dead by any means however unless changes are made I could see it eventually fade into obscurity and be left behind by an extremely competitive marketplace just like many other similar games in the genre. Face it, Squad can't compete with all the big studio arcade shooters so it doesn't make any sense to even have any arcade elements at all in the game. As a completely realistic shooter more gritty and abrasive than Arma Squad could have the potential to become a franchise. Conversely as a MilSim/Arcade hybrid the last three years would be indicative of its future regardless of when its officially finished... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Noobgamer said:

Major problems of this game still not fixed:

1. Horrible netcoding: Dying behind cover is even worse than what BF3 used to be.

2. Non-existing faction balance: Seriously is the guy managing faction balance even getting paid? How come RU got the worst of everything out of the club of conventional army? And why is it taking so damn long to change the utterly unusable RU scope pattern? Right now playing RU faction is nothing but painful for me.

3. Undestructable UK/US APCs relative to the pathetic anti-tank capacity of the infantry: The point is, if any APC driver is stupid enough to allow the side/rear get hit, the vehicle should at least be disabled right there, and nope the crew shall not have the magical ability to repair the engine. No more "Warrior driver playing like a donkey but kept alive by repairing" BS. 

1 - It's not that bad, it has it's moments for sure. It's mainly noticeable when server health plummets.
2 - I wouldn't say non existing, a bit of an exaggeration. There's inconsistencies for sure, but they'll be tweaked/fixed. A few patches back, Russia had the vehicle dominance, the BTR-82A was the king of the battle field for a long time.  As more patches come, and more content comes, things change. I suggest scouting around reddit for the recent content leaks, that were unintentionally released. You'll be happy.
3 - The vehicle component system isn't complete, more to come. As more damageable parts are added, weak spots are tweaked, and we get more tools to deal with vehicles, it'll balance out.(Again I suggest looking for the recent leaks :P or wait for recap in a few days)

Overall, you have to remember Squad is not a full release product - It's constantly changing, new things added, balance will not always be perfect. Think of Squad as a Laboratory, and we are the mice(test subjects).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Dubs said:

1 - It's not that bad, it has it's moments for sure. It's mainly noticeable when server health plummets.
2 - I wouldn't say non existing, a bit of an exaggeration. There's inconsistencies for sure, but they'll be tweaked/fixed. A few patches back, Russia had the vehicle dominance, the BTR-82A was the king of the battle field for a long time.  As more patches come, and more content comes, things change. I suggest scouting around reddit for the recent content leaks, that were unintentionally released. You'll be happy.
3 - The vehicle component system isn't complete, more to come. As more damageable parts are added, weak spots are tweaked, and we get more tools to deal with vehicles, it'll balance out.(Again I suggest looking for the recent leaks :P or wait for recap in a few days)

Overall, you have to remember Squad is not a full release product - It's constantly changing, new things added, balance will not always be perfect. Think of Squad as a Laboratory, and we are the mice(test subjects).

I'm counting on the leak right now, but sadly nobody remembered to check if RU gets a new optic pattern. Thought the dev seemed to be listening to the community after all, as the grenadiers (and everybody else) are finally getting optics. 

 

Sick TOW-mounting BRDM BTW.

Edited by Noobgamer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, beta forever ¬¬. Anyway guys SQUAD is not dead and for sure will not die anytime soon because it's a niche game and there aren't other games comparable. Far from perfect and still with old issues but is a fun game different from the mass.

Edited by El Pube

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ive got nearly 3000 hours in squad... I havent played it for a month, but in comparison to Post Scriptum, Squad has many many servers to populate... PS has maybe 3 European servers that English is spoken or allowed.

 

Im now waiting to see what develops this year, Im hoping it finally makes a move in the right direction for me, more sim like rather than what I feel is getting demanded in the forums to edge towards the easy option for the arcade players.   This is why Ive stopped playing, the game has been turned more into a big TDM now rather than a tactical, objective based, coordinated military game.   Karmakut a big influencer in squad has shifted alliance to PS in the last couple of months too.

 

Would like to see if anything will be done about vehicles, not the cry baby boo hoo my gun isnt big enough, I dont have enough armour thing, thats just people who want to go toe to toe and not move, but the cost of vehicles in terms of tickets to the team because of vehicle wastage.

 

Secondly the random flag generator maps are not.  So this needs sorted and hopefully a frontline mode which will fingers crossed slow down the rush meta, not that its not a valid tactic for the game, but it gets boring .

 

Better logistics (not relying on a radio to build)

 

and some way to build cohesion between squads or the team that relies on everyone pulling their weight via some sort of reward system (no not a medal) ... linked to the commander role so the commander can offer assets for completed objectives by squads.  

 

 

 

And of course see how the helos and commander are introduced ...

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why this post now though when population is high? It doesn't make any sense.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Noobgamer said:

I'm counting on the leak right now, but sadly nobody remembered to check if RU gets a new optic pattern. Thought the dev seemed to be listening to the community after all, as the grenadiers (and everybody else) are finally getting optics. 

 

Sick TOW-mounting BRDM BTW.

The leaked stuff is from a Dev build, so a lot of the things could be subject to change & tweaked from what was leaked in the build. All a matter of if it works with game flow, doesn't throw out game balance completely or if it's functioning properly. Hopefully a lot of the new leaked stuff makes it.

The RU 1P78 optic is different in the leaked build.
1P78.thumb.png.e494caff8cc0c690991c61423e22be16.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nope not dead for sure.Especially when an update comes then for couple of days it lookis like every single one that has it is in it to try the new stuff out.

I have 1,600+ hours for over a year and a half.And playing the game even more when i joined a clan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@infamousplayer Not being Cocky but going straight to the Point. Why don´t you Fire the O´l girl up & find out for yourself!?.

Please Note: (Times,Date,server can effect Player Count).

 

To those who moved on...Effing Traitors., :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tartantyco said:

Because it's midday there and people are at work/school.....

Regardless, look at the bigger picture of the lower graph and the accompanying statistics below it. It's very obvious playership is on a downward trend with people not only leaving the game but clans bailing out as well and also pulling the plug on their servers.

 

I'm not making a judgement as to why, just simply making an observation about the facts of the matter. Bottom line, typically I like to get up early and play a match or two before work while I drink my coffee but more than often its the same situation of two full NA servers and nowhere else to play except high ping Euro or Asia. I'm personally patient, however lack of availability drives people away exponentially.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Zylfrax791 said:

Regardless, look at the bigger picture of the lower graph and the accompanying statistics below it. It's very obvious playership is on a downward trend with people not only leaving the game but clans bailing out as well and also pulling the plug on their servers.

No, the underlying stats show that the stable peak player count per month has gone from 1,500 to 3,000, the seeming downward trend is just because of new updates, free weekends and sales skyrocketing the player count, as well as peaks during summer. I'm sure it's not the growth they'd like to see, but it would be hard to misconstrue this as a downward trend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tartan isn't too far off; overall growth has been increasing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Dubs said:

The leaked stuff is from a Dev build, so a lot of the things could be subject to change & tweaked from what was leaked in the build. All a matter of if it works with game flow, doesn't throw out game balance completely or if it's functioning properly. Hopefully a lot of the new leaked stuff makes it.

The RU 1P78 optic is different in the leaked build.
1P78.thumb.png.e494caff8cc0c690991c61423e22be16.png

I had the chance to try out RU and US faction in the leaked build before the "Hello World" happened.

 

I would say giving medic and grenadier optic rifle would surely enhence the gameplay experience for a lot of people(Let's be real here, in V12 US/RU medic is sort of the leftover kit, and most of the time only noobs would pick granedier over AT and optic AR).

 

I also appreciate the fact that the AT ability of US/RU/UK HAT are getting buffed substantially. However, personally I felt that the commonly available LATs should be the ones to receive additional AT munitions first.

 

Also, basically the ordinary optic riflemen are becoming the new leftover kit, and I would recommend increasing their grenade capacity to 4 so that they can spam it in CQB.  

Edited by Noobgamer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Tartantyco said:

No, the underlying stats show that the stable peak player count per month has gone from 1,500 to 3,000, the seeming downward trend is just because of new updates, free weekends and sales skyrocketing the player count, as well as peaks during summer. I'm sure it's not the growth they'd like to see, but it would be hard to misconstrue this as a downward trend.

average is up by 600 daily  ..and the peak is better... but its not even a 50% growth in the players playing in 2 years.  We dont know if its new or old players and Im sure vs the actual sales its a disappointing trend.

Edited by embecmom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×