infamousplayer

Squad is dead or not ?

8 minutes ago, fidanym said:

I don't think there will be a need for that. Squad will look a lot more like PR once all the asset types make their way into the game and they are balanced after live gameplay testing. 

I agree.

At least I hope so...

On 19.3.2019 at 7:49 PM, Thegreenzzz said:

I feel like people want it to be project reality 2.0, and the say “well we had this in PR....” so? this is a different game, if you want PR then play it

Because in the past the develop project reality and one main reason to great something new was the old engine limitations (refractor 2 ) like no more than 8 ppl. per vehicle no matter what.

Desperately needs new maps, game modes, the game right now is half-finished sandbox gameplay as the playerbase will never learn to play the game as they did in PR.

Posted (edited)

Squad is not dead but information channels about game situation and development seems dead...they are releasing updates very rarely.. don't tell me anything about recaps, the contents on this show may not be guaranteed to be in this game within two years..for example shotguns, breacher class etc.. they have added public testing entry to steam but only used one time for 4 months..in short, game owners have limited experience in this game development cycle and have limited information about game current situation rarely that I have seen other alpha or beta games

Edited by Togisan

3 hours ago, Togisan said:

..for example shotguns, breacher class etc..

why on earth does the game need a breacher ..it seems some people have limited idea about what the game is...

Posted (edited)
52 minutes ago, embecmom said:

why on earth does the game need a breacher ..it seems some people have limited idea about what the game is...

Well it was advertised on kickstarter, so it is fair for people to assume it will come to the game at some point.

I am guessing right now, but knowing where squad comes from, we may someday see the breacher as only infantry class next to the engineer, being able to take down fobs with explosive.

Edited by Axel

On 24/03/2019 at 4:52 PM, Xx-RAGING-DEATH-xX said:

Of course we need Army Breacher class,it makes sense.

breacher-blog45735.jpg83392.jpg

lemm16.jpg

And...

yea makes sense... indestructable environment i.e doors and windows... shotgun perhaps... 

It’s not dead because it’s not even born yet . Played some game in a moded server with helicopters it’s amazing.  When they will be available it’s gonna bring a lot of ppl. Bf5 and cod are now slowly dying. the military gendra give me one game that do a better job than Squad .    

I don't know if it's just me, but the coding in this game looks like it needs serious work. I've noticed it more so in the last couple of weeks that people will often run around a corner and pop you off well before you even get a chance to see them. it's almost like they can see you before you even see them. I can't quite explain, I have seen a few Youtube clips re it.

I really suffer from this, but i always blame it on me not taking my shoulders in concideration. Simply my hitbox still being visible.

7 hours ago, Pharanaiton said:

I really suffer from this, but i always blame it on me not taking my shoulders in concideration. Simply my hitbox still being visible.

As to have I. I think there's more to it. 

Last night I was stationed in a building, standing back from the window so that my rifle did not protrude. An enemy came around the corner and shot me before he even walked into my vision. Happens quite a lot, not sure if it's just me.

4 minutes ago, [email protected] said:

Last night I was stationed in a building, standing back from the window so that my rifle did not protrude. An enemy came around the corner and shot me before he even walked into my vision. Happens quite a lot, not sure if it's just me.

I rarely win a engagement when i try to shoot somebody that is behind a corner of a building. I lean left and slowly proceed but will mostly be shot before i actualy see the enemy.

3 hours ago, Pharanaiton said:

I rarely win a engagement when i try to shoot somebody that is behind a corner of a building. I lean left and slowly proceed but will mostly be shot before i actualy see the enemy.

3 hours ago, [email protected] said:

I know what youmean and there might be something involving hit box and latency.

On the other hand, when you´re clearing a room and you know or suspect there´s enemy around the corner and he´s expecting you, you should aim at the corner and start shooting an auto burst even before you start sidesteping  (YES, THIS MAY CAUSE YOU TO SHOOT AT THE WALL IN FRONT OF YOU A COUPLE OF TIMES).

7 hours ago, Nightingale87 said:

I know what youmean and there might be something involving hit box and latency.

On the other hand, when you´re clearing a room and you know or suspect there´s enemy around the corner and he´s expecting you, you should aim at the corner and start shooting an auto burst even before you start sidesteping  (YES, THIS MAY CAUSE YOU TO SHOOT AT THE WALL IN FRONT OF YOU A COUPLE OF TIMES).

Even if there would be latency, i primairely blame this phenomena on my technique. I just get insecure when i get close one on one. I will try your suggestion.

Posted (edited)
On 2019-03-27 at 10:15 PM, [email protected] said:

I don't know if it's just me, but the coding in this game looks like it needs serious work. I've noticed it more so in the last couple of weeks that people will often run around a corner and pop you off well before you even get a chance to see them. it's almost like they can see you before you even see them. I can't quite explain, I have seen a few Youtube clips re it.

Latency probably. Had this all the time while playing on wifi. When I connected a cable everything was much better.

By another thing about this is the graphic settings. If you set shadows and foliage and maybe some other stuff low then you will see the enemy way before they see you. Try changing the graphic settings. I only play on medium settings now because of this. I consider it a serious flaw in the game being unable to set graphics to the highest setting. Without losing advantage. 

Edited by SpecialAgentJohnson

8 hours ago, SpecialAgentJohnson said:

Latency probably. Had this all the time while playing on wifi. When I connected a cable everything was much better.

By another thing about this is the graphic settings. If you set shadows and foliage and maybe some other stuff low then you will see the enemy way before they see you. Try changing the graphic settings. I only play on medium settings now because of this. I consider it a serious flaw in the game being unable to set graphics to the highest setting. Without losing advantage. 

I am playing on WIFI so might try that out. My actual ping seems ok though. Already done with shadows, massive flaw.

Posted (edited)
On 2019-03-30 at 3:52 AM, [email protected] said:

I am playing on WIFI so might try that out. My actual ping seems ok though. Already done with shadows, massive flaw.

OK, then it's wifi for sure. My ping seemed OK too, but playing on wifi is just too unreliable I guess. I totally don't recommend it for fps at least! Once I switched to cable everything was fine. I so remember that experience you are talking about. Getting shot before you can even see the enemy. Man! Are all people that skilled -really? Answer was: No they are not. They just have better networking.

Edited by SpecialAgentJohnson

Must admit, I really wish we'd get some update about things. Really dragging, this one.

On 20.2.2019 at 10:45 PM, Zylfrax791 said:

Next time you see someone playing grab ass look at their role and 99% of the time you'll see they're a basic iron sighted rifleman. Now do you get it? People get bored when everyone else has the good stuff.

makes no sense sorry

I warn the developer, that I will not play squad, as long as faluja will not be released, I want more cards, sign the infamous

5 hours ago, infamousplayer said:

I warn the developer, that I will not play squad, as long as faluja will not be released, I want more cards, sign the infamous

Why would they care about you not playing Squad untill Fallujah's release? Why would anyone in general care? Fallujah is a massive map, i've made some maps for games, and it takes a long damn time to do so, one as detailed and big as Fallujah i could never imagine trying myself.

13 hours ago, infamousplayer said:

7 hours ago, Guan_Yu007 said:

Why would they care about you not playing Squad untill Fallujah's release? Why would anyone in general care? Fallujah is a massive map, i've made some maps for games, and it takes a long damn time to do so, one as detailed and big as Fallujah i could never imagine trying myself.

He was joking….

I guess he was joking...

No one would say something like that seriously...right?