infamousplayer

Squad is dead or not ?

One day people will understand that Squad is not about the kit. It's about the SQUAD, it's in the name. If you're getting bored at the game, step up and lead a squad, communicate with your squad members and you'll be part of what makes Squad awesome.

Spot on. If you PLAY it as a squad, half properly - not talking milsim etc here by any means - you get much more out of it in the end. I SL on pubs plenty and all it takes is a few things to make that work; I have good experiences that way. The only thing that really messes it up is if the other SLs aren't bothering to play it properly of if there are 27 one man squads  :D

Indeed, but proper admining can help in that case, it worked for PR, it should work for Squad too.

11 hours ago, TheRed said:

if there are 27 one man squads  :D

That was one thing I personally liked in PR, the old engine meant 9 squads was the max. I don't think Squad would do well with a limit like that but it worked then.

As for the topic, let Squad grow a little. I don't think its dead. It certainly doesn't seem to be any less played at any point since I first played it. Games like this never quite become the mainstream either. They aren't particularly fun to watch, no offense to the countless streamers here, and it can sometimes be more work to play than fun, any person that mains as SL will agree to that. Squad has a long way to go and people will play it for a long time. Its not instantly gratifying but is full of amazingly satisfying moments. Probably more so than most games.

So stick with it, support it, leave it alone for a bit and come back; whatever you want, just don't pass judgement too quickly. OWI certainly seems set to see Squad to 1.0. Lets not judge it too harshly until then.

The game is growing. It probably won't ever be as big as ARMA, but with Helicopters, the Commander role, and 100 player servers, it could grow a lot more (assuming they are implemented correctly).

Average Player Count

2016: 898

2017: 1478

2018: 2106

Median Monthly Peak Player Count

2016: 1679

2017: 3344

2018: 4036

Source: Steamcharts

I can read here "developers must fix this" "developers must create more maps" "developers do not listen to the community" "developers need to blablabla..."

I have Squad from early beginning and i must say i'm not playing it at the most, but i ever followed the progress. Squad is going to be an unique game and fills a niche, that don't exists. And that is all about Squad. And i think nobody here in the Squad forum want to see it as another Battlefield, CoD or Arma clone.

The developers doing a hard job. And it is really a hard job. Everybody who has worked in a mod team (f.e. BF2 mod) can understand the pressure on the devs.

Every new "toy" that get implemented on each fractions side, brings a lot of rework and re-balancing ingame, that also needs a lot of testing and fine tuning in the whole game package. some people talk here as if it were that easy like making a peanut butter sandwich.  

With all this complexity weapon systems, gadgets and features that Squad brings to you, to give you this amazing and unique team gameplay, it needs a sensible work and testing.

before the devs are cursed and insulted here, when new bugs appear on the release of a new version or old bugs or problems could not be eliminated, you should think about it. even the biggest game studios can't release a perfect game and mostly bring out first day patches, that are not always small. so why do you require that from the squad devs?

Squad matures from version to version. Some things need more time to get perfect. The question of whether Squad dies is nonsense. squad has its own community and that's a good thing. but instead of firing on the devs who work hard on their project every day, you better try to support them. I think every dev is happy about constructive criticism and showing them bugs someone found in public releases. 

It's a hard way to the full version, so let us support them.

If you´re bored of SQUAD then you´re probably playing it too much. Play something else, or turn of your pc and go outside. 

This goes for every game out there. 

People that ask for very specific things and are sure that they either add that or the game is dead, are just playing this game too much and are asking for something that cannont be delivered, and that is CONSTANT FUN from a videogame that has limits.

39 minutes ago, infamousplayer said:

after 3 months without playing squad, I replay a week, then I uninstalled it.

you say that it is the best fps and you do not play any else. but also say that it has become boring, because you already know everything. craves more content and scolds about the approach and work of the devs. but do not seem to have any idea how much work there is in it.

if you care so much about the progress of Squad or want something new in it, then join the modding. Learn skinning or modeling, coding or sound creation. Find a team where you can help and experience how easy things are not.

If Squad got boring for you, find a clan and join him. Playing together in the clan is something different than being alone on the public server. And if that does not make you happy, I'd say Squad is not your game anymore or you just have to wait until new content pops up and work on the bugs that bother you. But saying Squad is dying, because you are bored of playing it and don't like the route the devs are going, is absolutely idiotic. 

I was a BF player since Battlefield 1942, and i has bought the BF V. but I really realized that I no longer like the BF series and that I no longer have fun with it. but I do not complain about it in the BF forum and write that BF is dead. for me maybe yes, not for others. Then so be it. either i accept it and still play it as it is, or i look for something else. 

On ‎31‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 10:27 PM, infamousplayer said:

Why squad is dead to my eyes , i probably bought the game too early , and the V12 made me stop

1. since 3.7, I have run all the maps hundreds of times, the V12 did not bring anything new on this point (talil?)

2. 3 years on the same game ... I have more this early enthusiasm, maybe the young soldiers, will be more

I'm nostalgic of old sumari and old insurgents ... the good old Arab insurgents scarface and one-eyed with turban is an advantage, that's about all

I truly believe that SQUAD is dead in your eyes. I wont argue that. I´ll just try to show a different posible cause.

The things you say here make me think that you just play this game TOO MUCH. You´re not nostalgic about old game mechanics, you´re nostalgic about how the game used to make you feel. IT WAS FUN, it was NEW and INTERESTING. 

After running the maps hundreds of times and playing for thiusands of hours non stop, EVERY GAME will get you BORED.

No developers team can work faster than a player can burn through the game for hours and hours before they can implement something new. 

My conclusión is tha if you´ve played thousands of hours is because the GAME IS GOOD....and you LIKE it.... the fact that you´re bored has NOTHING TO DO WITH NO NEW MECHANICS OR FLAWS IN THE GAME....IT´S JUST A HUMAN BEING GETTING BORED OF SOMETHING HE´S BEEN DOING REPETITIVELY FOR DAYS AND DAYS....

Your expectations that the game should change and update content more quickly is unrealistic and leading you to frustration.

Buy another game...play something else...go do some sports....play only 2 rounds at the weekends and you´ll appreciate every moment of it AGAIN.

Just my advice…. i may be wrong.

As a hardcore Squad player, I've stopped playing the game for over a month now, because V12 is simply not exciting for me anymore. 

1. RU faction is entirely unplayable due to inferior optics and vehicles.

2. Optic machineguns are basically hacks. 

3. US/RU sharpshooters and grenadiers are simply not competitive compared to the optic machinegunners.

4. AK variants everywhere!

In short, V13 will help to solve most of the first 3 issues, but instead of "3 weeks later" it's increasingly like "3 months maybe" due to the over-ambitious V13 content and the unfinished state of the new vehicles and mechanism. Therefore, I would recommend bringing a partial release of V13 testing, mostly the changes to infantry weapons/roles and the new engine. 

Edited by Noobgamer

On 1/29/2019 at 11:51 AM, vaktyuk said:

Mate! You can be disagree, but this game going to be worst and worst day after day. Net coding of the game is shit. No equalisation to the ping. I mean here you go in to the room and your enemy no come in to the room. He is teleporting in and you die. And like  in the MoHAA leaning persons hitbox no there. Devs! this is the 15 years old problem!!!!!! all gamer shoot already lean position. So what is the realistic in this game. 15 years old problems in the game! And other exactly same problem with the high ping like in the CoD2. If your enemy use the different network card setup (high ping) be the unshotable. An other your hitbox and your caracter looks over on the hill top if you see your caracter behind the horizont. This is 15 years old problem as well.

So this is the 5 years old beta game where no step ahead only polishing clown. no step ahead. Like PS. Devs, need more work on the game and forget make more fun videos about your plan.

1) Optimize your PC instead of suggesting it is the game. It has come a long way.

2) Play on local servers

3) Upgrade your internet and maybe switch to CAT 6 cable

4) Reseat your CPU

5) Get a new SSD or just keep everything on a HDD.

Edited by ComplainersFFS

Posted (edited)
On 2/1/2019 at 5:09 PM, embecmom said:

Just in case anyone was wondering.

..... this also doesnt include the new battlefield games....data from steam charts.  yea I was bored

.  Feel free to add others as I could not quite find games exactly like squad as it depends on what you want to compare it with....

AVG no. of players playing per day over a 30 day period 

Arma ... 15 000 ..

War Thunder 13000

Blacksquad 5000

Ghost Recon Wildlands  3846

Insurgency Sandstorm 3200

COD wWII 2-3000

Warface 2500

Squad 1825

COD Black ops 1800

Rising storm Vietnam 1500

Post Scriptum 501

DCS World 480

Proving Grounds 325

World War 3 200

WWII Online 22

Medal of Honor 4.6

Delta Force: Black Hawk Down 8
Joint Operations: Combined Arms 5

Edited by WARti0k0ne -BG-

Surprisingly, the game is starting to pick up a community of loyal fans. Along with gaining traction with newer squaddies. I'm sure once the game creators know how to introduce tournaments, it'll take off on Twitch.tv, thus bringing even more traffic to their game.

On 1/29/2019 at 1:40 PM, infamousplayer said:

I want know , for you , how is the game , this is not a attack , just discuss about squad is dead or not
1300hours , buy 3 years ago .

for me a good game which will slowly disapear.

share our feelings

Well, somewhat. Around V10 and V11, squad had a surge of about 11,000 players I believe at least at one point. Since then, V12 didn't bring nearly that many players in, and the game usually always stays around 1,500 concurrent players. It's not dead, and its hard to tell if its dying since the numbers can be very inconsistent. Either way, the numbers are pretty good for an indie game.

TBH, for all its realism, I never could take any Arma game seriously with its clunkiness. Even the first iteration of Squad was a lot smoother.

Yes. Arma is amazing in many ways but that basic 'feel' and connectivity weakness remain real issues for it. 

As for squad being dead: No Bit it feels like v13 could've really done with being here at weeks ago now; must be one of the biggest gaps. I realise the magnitude  of the iterations but this time I feel it's had a bit of a negative impact. Think a new map or two  in the  gap would've helped.

I feel like people want it to be project reality 2.0, and the say “well we had this in PR....” so? this is a different game, if you want PR then play it

23 hours ago, Thegreenzzz said:

I feel like people want it to be project reality 2.0, and the say “well we had this in PR....” so? this is a different game, if you want PR then play it

I have said from day one, there will be PR:S at some point. xD

I don't think there will be a need for that. Squad will look a lot more like PR once all the asset types make their way into the game and they are balanced after live gameplay testing.