OXOTHNK

Al-Basrah Rework.

Is it possible to replace Al Basrah's default buildings by those new Talil's buildings ?? Since they are perfect for urban fights and much better than  those that currntly areo n Al-Basrah

Edited by OXOTHNK

I think they should add more swamps like the one west of village, especially closer to the canal outside the city. 

I think a few more bridges and more city across the river also wouldn't hurt.

An actual harbour with shipping containers and stuff would also be welcome. And more outskirts maybe..

Edited by Guan_Yu007

We have afew different plans for basrah but its just a matter of deciding and finding the time for it, these are some of the possible option:

* Expand to the West side of the map, relocating the Blufor main further away and adding afew more villages so it becomes much more of an invasion style map... fighting towards the city.

* Expand to the eastern side of the map across the harbour with more villages and expansion of the city.

* Take the basic measurements of the current buildings and spice them up to the quality of the newer buildings seen on tallil (and replace all fences with walls.)

I personally believe that replacing all the buildings currently with the tallil ones will take a massive factor away from what makes basrah basrah.... highrises, multiple rooms and windows to watch.... not to mention straight up swapping them for the tallil ones requires a complete reworking of the road network within the city...

Along with some of those possible changes we'd really want to upgrade all the landscape materials on it aswell.

Basrah is one of our most popular maps and we dont want to see it fall behind due to age / quality and as the creator of it id love to see it get a new lease on life with some or all of those changes mentioned without losing what makes it so wonderful to play.

17 hours ago, ChanceBrahh said:

I personally believe that replacing all the buildings currently with the tallil ones will take a massive factor away from what makes basrah basrah.... highrises, multiple rooms and windows to watch.... not to mention straight up swapping them for the tallil ones requires a complete reworking of the road network within the city...

I feel like the main issue with the current buildings is their quality, just improve that and then there would be almost no need to replace them, tho mixing in a few Talil buildings wouldn't hurt either imo.

19 hours ago, ChanceBrahh said:

We have afew different plans for basrah but its just a matter of deciding and finding the time for it, these are some of the possible option:

* Expand to the West side of the map, relocating the Blufor main further away and adding afew more villages so it becomes much more of an invasion style map... fighting towards the city.

* Expand to the eastern side of the map across the harbour with more villages and expansion of the city.

* Take the basic measurements of the current buildings and spice them up to the quality of the newer buildings seen on tallil (and replace all fences with walls.)

Along with some of those possible changes we'd really want to upgrade all the landscape materials on it aswell.

Basrah is one of our most popular maps and we dont want to see it fall behind due to age / quality and as the creator of it id love to see it get a new lease on life with some or all of those changes mentioned without losing what makes it so wonderful to play.

Yes Basrah is the best map. Don't change the concept plz! No other map really offers the tall building fighting experience. Also I don't think the map needs much expanding. Maps can get too big as well with fighting always going on "somewhere else". That's not fun. Only thing really needs to be done with Basrah is the artwork of Tahlil. New artwork is fabulous. Old, not so much. Can't you just make the tall buildings look nice? Then reuse them in other maps as well. 

Edited by SpecialAgentJohnson

I think expanding Basrah wouldn't be an issue, different layers can create new and different experiences.

D0281B094875ACD64B97F86FCFAA660103E9CABD

So yeah this is my take on a Al Basrah Tallil 8k merge. Made with World Creator 2 and UE4.21 so once the game & sdk are updated it should be ready to import. Plenty of room for additional towns & villages to the SW and NE.

talil built up areas are a joy after the painful infantry gameplay outside those areas.

Would be fun to mash some together in a Sumari style inf map. Talil inf layer is great fun already.

On 1/27/2019 at 9:15 AM, ChanceBrahh said:

Whilst the buildings could use some touching up to give them a bit more character, I agree here. The design of those buildings is really nice for the style of the map. 

Yeah, visuals rework generally as opposed to  total do-over and perhaps a little more character to differing areas,  with maybe some careful design tweaks and expansions = great