Sign in to follow this  
Riflewizard

squad lead is MEH

36 minutes ago, Riflewizard said:

SL is just so tiring with the community we have.

What community is that?

I meet alot more decent people here than in any game.

Yeah, don't do more than 2 rounds (4 hrs) without taking a break. Its the most demanding role in SQUAD at the present when played correctly. The level of frustration can break the best of us. The more you care and want to win will be your wipe, and you inexperienced team will be the post your flogged on. 

At the best your have cracking game, at the worst you just don't see the light at the end of the tunnel. My personal model of play now is try not to play too much for actual fatigue.  ( Anders awesome sounds don't help. PTSD) Accept your going to have some bad rounds then try and educate better play, if your squads playing and having fun your have a happier time. 

Server dependent.

I have low expectations on some servers and either

play it how I want without worrying about the other squads or

take the important tasks and manage the team by herding the sheep via fob placement.

Some servers have regular squad leaders who know one and other. These are a pleasure to play on and you can often get something done just by suggesting it in the SL channel. Voluntary mission attachments because they need to happen.

"Can I borrow half your squad on the attack flag?"

"Yes"

Win

Yeah, usually i try to form a rough plan (not asking anyone what to do but at least have an idea of how the start will go). Usually i suggest for the tanks to stay back untill we know what the enemy is doing with theirs for example. And it often works out, i always ask of every squad leader to share info, and i often ask how they're doing with their objectives. This alone creates a good atmosphere between the squads, making it a lot more fun.

On 1/25/2019 at 3:21 AM, Riflewizard said:

Honestly I'd say at this point the "community" consists of pretty much diehard players. I've seen cases where there were exactly the same daily peak of players worldwide on two separate sequential days. Often times you'll see daily peaks that are within +/- 20. That random factoid alone seems quite unique to me and speaks volumes about the demographic.

That said, find at least two other solid friends that can play with you and stick to a three man locked squad and be the change you want to happen.

Depends on the server. If u have to do something  because they ain't listen then just kick them.

On 1/28/2019 at 1:53 AM, maze2 said:

Depends on the server. If u have to do something  because they ain't listen then just kick them.

Some of the best games I've had the SL asks who has a mic, gives them until 10 seconds until game starts then kicks them if they don't respond in time.

When I play SL I kick dissidents immediately. Most players, particularly new ones, should not be weighed down by that.

On 1/25/2019 at 6:21 AM, Riflewizard said:

I would agree that the community has gone down hill in lots of areas. Ever since V12, and I don’t know why, I have seen the most annoying consistency, where players create a squad and leave. Nobody wants to SL anymore. About 90% of the time, unless I’m in vehicles, I have to squad lead. I really don’t want too, but you either get players that don’t want to SL, or other squad leads that are clueless. Also, people not using their mics is at an all time high. Many times, I’ll forget I’m a squad leader, (assuming I create the squad later in the game thinking people would not join) simply because nobody talks. Then I’ll hold tab and realize I have a whole squad just going on their own. It’s tough rn. I don’t blame new players though, we all were new, but the attitude towards some of the new players is annoying to deal with.

"The community" is vastly different per server in my experience. On NA servers i usually dislike squad leading, since everyone apparently knows how to do it better than me, except they don't want to do it when i offer it to them.

On EU servers i'm mostly having a lot of fun, people seem more polite towards eachother. This is just my experience tho, not just Squad, but some other games aswell..

30 minutes ago, nagasuru said:

Also, people not using their mics is at an all time high.

Huh... My experience has always been exactly the opposite. Too many Chatty Cathy's, Mr. Question Men and invariably Mr. Backseat SL man constantly asking "hey you want me to go do this or that?"

You can tell people to stack up on you and move to the marker but they typically go feral and scatter in a 360 degree manner of course except when you want want them to form a tight perimeter and defend a flag. This puts you between a rock a hard spot. You boot them and then they come team kill you or you let them be and next thing you know they're a kilometer away.

Edited by Zylfrax791