Sign in to follow this  
Devyx

Deployable mine fields?

Perhaps using the supplies for AT-mine fields would be something? Maybe in rows of 5, taking quite a bit of shoveling before it gets finished. Very few classes in the game have AT-mines, and you have to place them individually, in addition to digging them to the ground. The classes are usually on the opposite side of actual military units. It is realistic, to put them down individually, but it could also be put down in rows like the usual build-able thing, as well as free them for all sides to use. Real-life militaries use anti-tank mines. I'm not sure if it wasn't added, because the IED's on cars and bikes would become rather redundant or what was the deal.

Another addition to this could be a rope the 5 mines are attached to, that could be pulled from behind cover on the way of a rolling tank.

Tested this in the shooting range, so unless I made a mistake somewhere it should be correct.

On an unrelated note. Peer-to-peer shooting range would be nice too.

You only need 1 mine in the middle of the road to be effective. If you place them all in one spot they will a get spotted or you get a kill and the other mines stay in place en everyone is going around the destroyed vehicle so nobody get killed by the other mines.

3 hours ago, suds said:

How about deployable sign posts instead?

minefieldsign-580x358.jpg

Or both.

4 hours ago, deadstalker said:

You only need 1 mine in the middle of the road to be effective. If you place them all in one spot they will a get spotted or you get a kill and the other mines stay in place en everyone is going around the destroyed vehicle so nobody get killed by the other mines.

It requires only one mine to get under the track, but that is the key, get under the track or tires. The tracks and tires are not very wide compared to the entire vehicle and out of the roads they follow a formation that would easily look like a road.

A formation for the mines works as well instead of straight row.