The controls are pretty good for the most part, except for one thing. Right now, the prone button can only be mapped to a separate button. I'd really like to be able to map the prone command to the same button used for crouching and standing.

1. If I want to go prone from either standing or crouching position, I simply hold down the button

2. If I want to crouch from the prone position, press the button

3. If I want to stand up from the prone position, hold down the button.

All this can be done with one button just like it is typically done on consoles. This one simple addition would make my life as a soldier on the battlefield that much less of a hassle. :thumbsup:

Edited by Jibroni Gibironi

Not necessarily having to hold a button or just quickly tapping one changes how quickly you get into that animation. Sure it may only be milliseconds but it could also be just dodging that bullet or avoiding a grenades blast. Just my 2 cents.

1 hour ago, UrANiUM262 said:

Not necessarily having to hold a button or just quickly tapping one changes how quickly you get into that animation. Sure it may only be milliseconds but it could also be just dodging that bullet or avoiding a grenades blast. Just my 2 cents.

I just don't care for having two or four different buttons to perform movements I can easily do with one button. Its what I'm used to from all the years on console, just easier to me. The one button rule has been a staple for years now, for console games at least. Its why I prefer the whole squad control scheme in the Rainbow Six Vegas series for instance versus the old controls with the redial menu in older Rainbow Six games. Despite what people may think of the Vegas games themselves, the control scheme was brilliant nonetheless. They took pretty much every single squad command you can do in Raven Shield PC and boiled it down to basically the press of a button. It was the very definition of intuitive gameplay. 

Options and flexibility is all good but there 104 keys+ on most keyboards :) 

Console ... lol

On 1/23/2019 at 8:23 AM, suds said:

Options and flexibility is all good but there 104 keys+ on most keyboards :) 

Console ... lol

I'm the exact opposite of most PC gamers at this point. The availability of over 100 buttons doesn't necessarily mean a good thing in itself, nor does it mean deeper gameplay. Too often this has been used as an excuse for non-intuitive controls and I can't stand it. Arma 3 is considered clunky by many for a reason. The controls in that game represents everything that's wrong with PC shooters as I see it. Yes, console, its where most of my games are going to end up with the next Xbox Scarlett, especially the multiplayer ones. Single player games are fair game on the PC for me, and the buck pretty much stops there from here on in. I am avoiding the PC version of Halo Infinite like the plague, not a chance in hell I'm buying that on PC, lol.

You can't criticise Arma 3 (the only PC game we have as a real complete combined arms simulator) for having lots of controls. It's not clunky it's just complex. Most people who call Arma 3 "clunky" are the one who are trying to play it as a fast paced run and gun like Battlefield which it is never meant to be.

4 hours ago, Melbo said:

You can't criticise Arma 3 (the only PC game we have as a real complete combined arms simulator) for having lots of controls. It's not clunky it's just complex. Most people who call Arma 3 "clunky" are the one who are trying to play it as a fast paced run and gun like Battlefield which it is never meant to be.

I personally call any shooter, or any game for that matter that has three different buttons for functions that can all be easily done with one clunky and out dated. This may not be the sentiment of most PC gamers as one would expect but I'm betting lots of players who game mostly on consoles will share the same sentiment.