maze2

movement in ADS

Whenever u move the gun in ADS your gun will exceed the move and then get back to where u aimed. Not a huge thing but important at the moment of shooting. I think that's a bit too much sway movement right there because a  good shooter holds the weapon tight not letting that movement happen . ADS should be much more rigid when doing those fast flicks .

there's like a excess of sway when i move the weapon side to side . Just  try to aim and then turn your weapon 90 degrees  and  u will see what i am talking about . The sway itself is totally ok aiming downsights because i have no problem with that, just want clarify that. The only concern is when u move the weapon side to side is i think too much.

Edited by maze2

1 hour ago, maze2 said:

Whenever u move the gun in ADS your gun will exceed the move and then get back to where u aimed. Not a huge thing but important at the moment of shooting. I think that's a bit too much sway movement right there because a  good shooter holds the weapon tight not letting that movement happen . ADS should be much more rigid when doing those fast flicks.

v9 and prior what you're describing is  how ADS was. As part of the v10 animation overhaul ADS whilst moving got completely nerfed. This upset a lot of users but I think it's more realistic so I'm fine with it.

38 minutes ago, Zylfrax791 said:

v9 and prior what you're describing is  how ADS was. As part of the v10 animation overhaul ADS whilst moving got completely nerfed. This upset a lot of users but I think it's more realistic so I'm fine with it.

I love the v10 animation overhaul but in this specific ADS case is a bit exagerated  the sway caused when moving your weapon around and it's exceeds what is realistic. As i said , people hold the weapon tight enough for that extra movement not to happen.

the sway itself is fine,my only concern is when u ADS and move your weapon  side to side there's a pretty noticible extra sway.

Edited by maze2

There's always sway when you're holding up a weapon regardless of how tight you grip it. You're not supposed to grip it super tight anyways.

1 hour ago, maze2 said:

I love the v10 animation overhaul but in this specific ADS case is a bit exagerated  the sway caused when moving your weapon around and it's exceeds what is realistic. As i said , people hold the weapon tight enough for that extra movement not to happen.

the sway itself is fine,my only concern is when u ADS and move your weapon  side to side there's a pretty noticible extra sway.

At this point I'm very sure its quite intentional, prone ADS has it as well. Trust me, lots of players dislike it. An entire clan I know pulled the plug on their official servers and pretty much moved onto another game specifically because of the animation update and the removal of rushing.

Like I said personally I like anything that makes Squad more gritty and realistic including but not limited to MilSim style sway and overall weapons handling which I think is perfect now.

37 minutes ago, PythagorasHP said:

There's always sway when you're holding up a weapon regardless of how tight you grip it. You're not supposed to grip it super tight anyways.

Of course but i think u guys don't get the point. I mean when u ADS and u move your gun say far right  and your gun moves more than what u aimed and then it goes back to where  u aimed. I've shot guns and that movement is really exaggerated . It should be reduced or removed. 

5 minutes ago, Zylfrax791 said:

At this point I'm very sure its quite intentional, prone ADS has it as well. Trust me, lots of players dislike it. An entire clan I know pulled the plug on their official servers and pretty much moved onto another game specifically because of the animation update and the removal of rushing.

Like I said personally I like anything that makes Squad more gritty and realistic including but not limited to MilSim style sway and overall weapons handling which I think is perfect now.

95% perfect.

It makes me cringe because there is no way my pistol or rifle sway as much as it does in game. Seems more like a handicap to dissuade moving and shooting more so than a realistic implement to add to the theme of the game. 

I am not too sure how to crawl and fire down the sights as that is not part of the quals I have to do so that makes sense. 

I dunno if it is gonna be a simulator it ought to simulate soldiers who train with their weapons and don't let it handle them like a little kid. 

4 hours ago, Pmikey said:

It makes me cringe because there is no way my pistol or rifle sway as much as it does in game. Seems more like a handicap to dissuade moving and shooting more so than a realistic implement to add to the theme of the game. 

I am not too sure how to crawl and fire down the sights as that is not part of the quals I have to do so that makes sense. 

I dunno if it is gonna be a simulator it ought to simulate soldiers who train with their weapons and don't let it handle them like a little kid. 

The sway is ok , is the movement side to side  when moving the weapon around which is handled a bit exaggerated.

Edited by maze2

1 hour ago, maze2 said:

The sway is ok , is the movement side to side  when moving the weapon around which is handled a bit exaggerated.

Do you have a video or something? I tried it the other day (in testrange only, not live, but dont know if it matters) and the movement (overshoot) felt the same with ADS and without. Or didnt I get the point?

5 hours ago, Titan84 said:

Do you have a video or something? I tried it the other day (in testrange only, not live, but dont know if it matters) and the movement (overshoot) felt the same with ADS and without. Or didnt I get the point?

Did u noticed that when u move it left and right (ADS) there's like a minor move of inertia to the side u turned the weapon and then it stabalizes to where aimed? U have to  pay attention when u move your gun around and  then stop. Maybe more noticible with fast 90 degrees turn .That  minor inertia move to the side is a bit too much and handled a bit poorly by the character .I guess it happens also when hipfiring.

unfortunately i don't have a video and this as  accurate  as i can explain it.

On 1/23/2019 at 5:38 PM, Pmikey said:

Seems more like a handicap to dissuade moving and shooting

Not a big fan of LMB+ADADADADADADADADADADAD most shooters have.

On 1/25/2019 at 2:12 PM, Rybec said:

Not a big fan of LMB+ADADADADADADADADADADAD most shooters have.

sure thing I'm not a fan of the whole strafe thing either. But you can't WASD shoot in this game at all. Maybe at 5 meters? 

Mikey, the issue here is what happens when YOU move the weapon quickly  in ads  say 50 degrees to your left( flick). It's like if the character couldn't control the fast move and your gun even moves a bit exagerated to the left and then comes back to where u aimed at ,not the static position sway where u simply aim. About that , i am totally ok because i can hit targets walking in ads 10 meters no problem in jensens range . Maybe u just have to get better at aiming .

Edited by maze2

is 360 no-scope a standard part of military training?

guns are heavy, stopping instantly on target with no correction is unlikely to get any traction in this community.

I think this is just a limitation of videogames. IRL you have a whole different feel for the weapon, because you hold it with your hands. And also the sight picture and the way you use your eyes is way different IRL vs in game.

On 2/1/2019 at 9:23 AM, Igno said:

I think this is just a limitation of videogames. IRL you have a whole different feel for the weapon, because you hold it with your hands. And also the sight picture and the way you use your eyes is way different IRL vs in game.

Is not a limitation and it has nothing to do with the eyes . Every other tactical shooter handles the weapon better than squad even myself with my rifle in this case .It's a matter of simply reducing that movement , looks like the characater lacks skills to do fast moves with his weapon.

On 1/31/2019 at 8:30 AM, suds said:

is 360 no-scope a standard part of military training?

guns are heavy, stopping instantly on target with no correction is unlikely to get any traction in this community.

No, 360 no scope is almost impossible to do and it also depends on the in game sensitivity. Don't make it look like run and gun  is what  I ask , every other tactical shooter like Insurgency and Arma 3  have more controlled moves if u want hit something fast and flicks aren't arcady, trained soldiers can do fast  shooting , it's just  a matter of reducing the extra movement when u move your gun fast  to one side.

Edited by maze2

The prone ads sway is just plain ridiculous. That's the most stable stance but gets the worst extended sway. Yes let's have a mechanic to discourage dolphin divers but it shouldn't penalise those choosing to advance / defend while already prone.

2 hours ago, Major Trouble said:

The prone ads sway is just plain ridiculous. That's the most stable stance but gets the worst extended sway. Yes let's have a mechanic to discourage dolphin divers but it shouldn't penalise those choosing to advance / defend while already prone.

What my man said. 100% make it so.

Even in JointOps (2003) going (Prone) gave you the most stable & accurate Fire...

Thats why all the Cry babies dished out some golly:  "Why are You always Prone RD" after I HeadShot Them,Again!. :D

Haha oh wow.

There is, if anything, too little sway in most positions. To those who are saying you should be able to maintain a stable sight picture while crawling, holy hell have you ever crawled before or held a gun prone? How on earth do you imagine doing both at the same time?

2 hours ago, Vewt said:

Haha oh wow.

There is, if anything, too little sway in most positions. To those who are saying you should be able to maintain a stable sight picture while crawling, holy hell have you ever crawled before or held a gun prone? How on earth do you imagine doing both at the same time?

Exactly. It's physically impossible to do both at once. Furthermore to be realistic any movement forward or backwards whilst prone in ADS or resting should result in an animation where your rifle gets cradled in your arms as you crawl on your knees and elbows.

51 minutes ago, Zylfrax791 said:

Exactly. It's physically impossible to do both at once. Furthermore to be realistic any movement forward or backwards whilst prone in ADS or resting should result in an animation where your rifle gets cradled in your arms as you crawl on your knees and elbows.

I don't mind the removing ADS view for a cradled rifle when crawling as long as when you stop and ADS again you don't have the excessive sway.