Okay so, I just stumbled across a certain reddit thread: I found this to be incredibly effective in reducing stutter in ALL games, not just Squad/PUBG

This is especially useful for dullards like myself who of course thought : BiGgEr PaGeFile MUsT MeAN BEttEr

tl:dr: Set Pagefile initial value and Maximum value to recommended amount and restart PC - Problem fixed.

Edited by Indrick Baldreale

On 21.01.2019 at 8:45 PM, ZXD_Lee said:

the main problems are potato pcs 

What do you consider a 'potato pc'? Everything with less 64gb ram or everything lower than 2080Ti SLI?

I have a typical mid-range build which is capable of running almost everything at 1080p 60fps+ at least. I know different games require different amount of resources, but I think if ArmA and GTA V can run at High/Ultra preset on 1080p with stable 60fps, there might be some issues with game optimization (which actually is the case tbh). 

I think OWI admitted the lack of it with last recap and said that more engineers are assigned to work on optimization now. 

Well firstly squad is only game worth playing so you need to have a decent pc and run it in a least 1440p 

having a 1070 upwards and a 2 or 3 year old i5 or i7 with ssd and at least 16 of ram

and not having anything AMD