Sign in to follow this  
skunk992

Team Switching/Playing With Friends

If it isn't too much trouble, I'd like to be able to more easily play on the team that my friends are on. 

I get that team stacking was an issue in the last build, but now it's nearly impossible to get on the same team as my friends that were also playing. If we both happen to hop in the server at the same time, 98% of the time it will split us up(for balancing, of course). The only way we could possibly get on the same team is if we left completely and just watched the number of players go up or down, but even then it would usually put us back on the same team. It's even harder when you've got a group of friends you want to have a squad with.

Any thoughts how features that could make joining the same team or grouping up with friends less frustrating? Maybe some sort of party system or a way to trade sides with another player if he or she agrees. 

oi m8 i believe they loosed up the restrictions on team switching for this weekend! 

oi m8 i believe they loosed up the restrictions on team switching for this weekend! 

Got a source on that, china?

It would be nice to have an agree to switch places option too, so person a on team a wants to swap with person b on team b, they can send a request (which does not pop up during gameplay, can only be accepted via escape menu) which can then be accepted and both members are swapped, again no popups so if you send an invite to swap to someone who doesn't know they are meant to be swapping with you they are none the wiser and don't have their game interrupted by someone spamming it for no reason.

Another one could be an auto connect system which will only connect you if theres room on the team you want to join, so its a little more specific than a general queue to get into a server.

Another suggestion is that max players on one side is capped, so if its a 40 man you can only ever have 20 per side not 22/18, I am unsure if this is implemented already but just adding it anyway.

Another (more greedy but hey) suggestion is that if its a personal server you can lock certain sides to whitelisting, other players can occupy that slot but once a whitelisted member gets in that slot on that team is taken by that player, more for those who have clans.

If you had a match making system you could if you had 6 guys (which is higher than the 4 and naturally 2 would join enemy team) search for a server and the match making system would automatically get 6 other guys looking for a match and put you all into the same server but on separate sides.

You could also do this in a way which just pauses your join onto the chosen server (rather than random) till everyone was on a side and it was balanced.

These problems with all these theories but you get the gist.

It would be nice to have an agree to switch places option too, so person a on team a wants to swap with person b on team b, they can send a request (which does not pop up during gameplay, can only be accepted via escape menu) which can then be accepted and both members are swapped, again no popups so if you send an invite to swap to someone who doesn't know they are meant to be swapping with you they are none the wiser and don't have their game interrupted by someone spamming it for no reason.

Another one could be an auto connect system which will only connect you if theres room on the team you want to join, so its a little more specific than a general queue to get into a server.

Another suggestion is that max players on one side is capped, so if its a 40 man you can only ever have 20 per side not 22/18, I am unsure if this is implemented already but just adding it anyway.

Another (more greedy but hey) suggestion is that if its a personal server you can lock certain sides to whitelisting, other players can occupy that slot but once a whitelisted member gets in that slot on that team is taken by that player, more for those who have clans.

If you had a match making system you could if you had 6 guys (which is higher than the 4 and naturally 2 would join enemy team) search for a server and the match making system would automatically get 6 other guys looking for a match and put you all into the same server but on separate sides.

You could also do this in a way which just pauses your join onto the chosen server (rather than random) till everyone was on a side and it was balanced.

Good suggestions, but yes, issues will all of them unfortunately.

I'd like to see some sort of party system where I can group up with a few of my friends and it searches for open spots in a server, or throws you all onto the same team right before a game is started.

Requesting to switch teams with another player is also a good idea, which I think has the least amount of issues with it. Just politely ask in chat if a player would mind switching over. You could request directly to one person, or to all and whoever hit's escape first and accepts is traded over.

Plenty of ways to do this. I'm sure the devs will think of something.

http://i.imgur.com/6db4AjR.gif

This was one of the problems with last weekend that made it really unfun

It would be nice if you could party/squad up before entering the server

and if your friends with someone you can join their side/squad

that way a random person gets balanced to the other side instead of you/us

I guess the game needs in game friend system or clan system built into the game

Would be nice if a group of 4 to 8 people could GROUP/PARTY/SQUAD up

before entering a single server

If it isn't too much trouble, I'd like to be able to more easily play on the team that my friends are on. 

I get that team stacking was an issue in the last build, but now it's nearly impossible to get on the same team as my friends that were also playing. If we both happen to hop in the server at the same time, 98% of the time it will split us up(for balancing, of course). The only way we could possibly get on the same team is if we left completely and just watched the number of players go up or down, but even then it would usually put us back on the same team. It's even harder when you've got a group of friends you want to have a squad with.

Any thoughts how features that could make joining the same team or grouping up with friends less frustrating? Maybe some sort of party system or a way to trade sides with another player if he or she agrees.