Zylfrax791

Fuel, Food & Water

PS uses a canteen to refresh your stamina but it never empties. I am more OK with that than using it as another resource being provided through logistics.

Fuel I would be okay with but food and water, really don’t add anything unless game are going on for days or something

16 hours ago, Zylfrax791 said:

You don't create a mortar or a machine gun in the field with a shovel either. Nor do you materialize yourself from bookbags or pillow forts. My idea was more about the consideration of an overall logistics system like IRL. The thirst and hunger would start to kick in at 30 minutes tied to your stamina and health.

Its just simply a fun idea I had that I think would make Squad more realistic and unique is all. I'm perfectly aware that it would never be implemented however it does make people think about maybe enhancing the current logistics system in some way perhaps.

2rd6fx.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator

1 hour ago, PythagorasHP said:

Thats what people said here over and over for a year and a half about the inclusion of a melee weapon in Squad as well lol...

At least Fuel would be a reasonable addition. Maybe the integration of hunger, thirst and bleeding into one overall health state that could be fully replenished from a supply crate.

On 17/01/2019 at 5:05 PM, Zylfrax791 said:

Thats what people said here over and over for a year and a half about the inclusion of a melee weapon in Squad as well lol...

At least Fuel would be a reasonable addition. Maybe the integration of hunger, thirst and bleeding into one overall health state that could be fully replenished from a supply crate.

not sure the maps are big enough to justify fuel running out in the vehicles ... you get into the realms of pubg with super fast fuel consumption just to fit a certain mechanic in the game. after all its bad enough now with people leaving vehicles (fully fueled and full of ammo!) lying across the map..  what you suggest is whats in SCUM.. which simulates night and day and is built around stamina/food/bowel movement etc.. ..

Whilst id like to see a shift towards a more realistic game a 2 hour realtime match should not really require food and water... the last thing I want to be doing is running around dying  (not sure you can run around dying but you know what I mean)  because there is no water or food at a supply point...

I just think its a step to far .. 

but as discussed on another thread... droppable supply crates without the use of a radio would be useful and im still going to say that enemies should be able to hijack and use supply drops.

Edited by embecmom

On 1/17/2019 at 5:00 AM, Major Trouble said:

PS uses a canteen to refresh your stamina but it never empties. I am more OK with that than using it as another resource being provided through logistics.

You get 7 drinky-poos with a canteen in PS. Sometimes it refills when you rearm at an ammo crate, sometimes not, so you do have to manage it. I'd prefer less than 7 tbh, I've rarely ever gone through all of them in one life.  I thought it was pretty silly at first, but I've gotten used to it, and it adds a small strategic element because you're obviously vulnerable while you have a canteen in your hand. It's really not much different than going prone before an assault in Squad to up your stam, its just faster and used in the same situations. PS has slightly different amounts of sway and stamina, I think you have less stamina than Squad IIRC, so the canteen is there to help you manage it. 

I think adding in a new type of supply points for logi to haul around is unnecessarily complicated.