Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
FishMan

Teleport from main base?

Recommended Posts

Some people will read and like: WHAT?! TELEPORTS IN SQUAD?! ARE YOU INSANE?!

But before you make a conclusion read what Im suggesting.

 

I was suggesting this some time ago and I will suggest it one more time, because game needs that.

Ok. There are allways a lot of dropped vehicles on the map, because there are no mechanics to return them back.

And enemy usually left vehicles untouched to prevent it from respawn, which is result in uninteresting matches.

 

So what I suggest: some point at the main base which can teleport you to any respawn point, like rally or a fob with (or without) a cost of 1 ticket and a delay of the selected spawn point.

 

Here how you suppose to use it: take for example a car, drive your squad to some point, drop your squad there, return to main, drop car on main and teleport to a spawn point close to your squad, using a teleport mechanics.

 

Also if you accidentally spawned on main you can use teleport again for teleport to any spawn location.

It should work only in one way. From main to any fob or your squad's rally.

 

Visuallly It can be a flag with some laptop, like in arma or any other asset.

 

Edited by FishMan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WHAT?! TELEPORTS IN SQUAD?! ARE YOU INSANE?!

 

but actually unfortunately it is already ingame ... its called Commandconsole "respawn" :S it "only" cost one tiket and 90 sec. Spawntime, i think and you dont even need to be in Main...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The problem is in 90 seconds.

Thats too much. So usually people just drop vehicle where thay stand.

 

Ticket loss is optional as I said.

Edited by FishMan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes let me just spawn in main every single time I die (often) and cost my team double the tickets upon death so I get full ammo every time. Brilliant m8, absolutely won't get people to ticket feed the enemy team.

 

And about the vehicles in the field, you would be better off with punishing a team by making them lose the tickets the vehicle represents thus a slow decline in health after several minutes of not using it would imho be better than suddenly allowing people to spawn main and instantly somewhere else so they can have their ammo bags full.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WHAT?! TELEPORTS IN SQUAD?! ARE YOU INSANE?!

 

jkjk, I read the post.

 

We're talking about some ways to deal with abandoned vehicles in-game, but we're not likely to change the spawn mechanics too much, especially as persistent ammo is also tied into where/the cost of spawning, and it might have some adverse effects on wave spawns. Not ruling it out of course, but it's ultimately up to the design team. =)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll hope that you there your developer lairs also judge the spawning mechanics based on the game modes, so that some modes could have a different mechanics. Teleporting is lame btw. because it is something that can not be interfered by player (opposing) actions and yes rallypoints are like that also and I do not like em personally (though the current mechanics are better than in the past some point). 

Edited by WARti0k0ne -BG-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, WARti0k0ne -BG- said:

I'll hope that you there your developer lairs also judge the spawning mechanics based on the game modes, so that some modes could have a different mechanics. Teleporting is lame btw. because it is something that can not be interfered by player (opposing) actions and yes rallypoints are like that also and I do not like em personally (though the current mechanics are better than in the past some point). 

Honestly after 4k hours the whole magic pillow fort meta seems quite silly and hopefully it will go bye bye forever with the introduction of transport helis. Rallies I'm fine with but the positioning of the HAB is very very predictable at this point and never mind the fact to this day you've got a large percentage of the community who has become engrained with this backwards mentality that HAB preservation takes precedence over smart rally placement and capturing flags.

 

Count me as a no vote for any more teleportation dynamics.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've seen the suggestion a few times in the past that there should be a 'Redeploy' station somewhere at main. This wouldn't be the same as a teleport, all it would do is send you back to the spawn screen with the minimum spawn time and without costing a ticket.

 

The main advantage of this system is that it would allow people to drop off vehicles or for those who accidentally spawn on main to get back into the game using an existing system without penalising themselves with a long spawn timer or the team by losing a ticket.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

def a no...its an issue thats has been discussed 100s of times (ok hyperbole)... just lock squads to two vehicles max and if they abandon one, it needs recovered or they need to catch a lift from someone else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

 

I've seen the suggestion a few times in the past that there should be a 'Redeploy' station somewhere at main. This wouldn't be the same as a teleport, all it would do is send you back to the spawn screen with the minimum spawn time and without costing a ticket.

 

The main advantage of this system is that it would allow people to drop off vehicles or for those who accidentally spawn on main to get back into the game using an existing system without penalising themselves with a long spawn timer or the team by losing a ticket.

We are talking about the same thing )

I just don't want to call it redeploy becase I want to see some salt from fanboys trololololol :D 

 

Quote

Yes let me just spawn in main every single time I die (often) and cost my team double the tickets upon death so I get full ammo every time. Brilliant m8, absolutely won't get people to ticket feed the enemy team.

I said:

Quote

with (or without) a cost of 1 ticket

Also you blaming me in things that YOU gonna do? O_o What? How about you don't spawn on main, or not use teleport? )

 

Quote

We're talking about some ways to deal with abandoned vehicles in-game, but we're not likely to change the spawn mechanics too much, especially as persistent ammo is also tied into where/the cost of spawning, and it might have some adverse effects on wave spawns. Not ruling it out of course, but it's ultimately up to the design team. =)

Thanks.

Edited by FishMan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, FishMan said:

We are talking about the same thing )

I just don't want to call it redeploy becase I want to see some salt from fanboys trololololol :D 

Absolutley but I tihnk there's some important differences like not costing a ticket since you're already at main and still having a respawn timer.

 

5 hours ago, embecmom said:

def a no...its an issue thats has been discussed 100s of times (ok hyperbole)... just lock squads to two vehicles max and if they abandon one, it needs recovered or they need to catch a lift from someone else.

That's not the reality of what is happening. Besides, often a logi will get ambushed then at some point an infantry Squad, who are not related to the squad who originally drove it out, will secure the empty vehicle and people don't want to go to the effort of driving all the way back to main then respawning for 90 seconds or catching a ride back.

 

I don't see the issue with this system given main already has a no-fire zone and is nowhere near anything, so it wouldn't be somehow abused, and the current system just encourages the same thing using respawn except the player who goes to the effort of helping their team is penalised.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly these issues always go back to the fact that Squad is an ever evolving game thats simply trying too hard to keep sitting on the fence between arcade and milsim. The two genre's are completely incompatible and often times cancel each other out.

 

For example, OP cites the abandonment of logistics trucks as a reason to be able to respawn without his team losing a ticket. As discussed many many times before within the same context before this would be an easily abusable system.

 

That said, consider the trigger event of the abandoned logistics truck however. Back before they were nearly disposable they were abandoned just as often. Now its just an excuse to destroy your own assets so it respawns right away and can be utilized again. This evolution is completely illogical to me.

 

I mean its like Arcade Lite or something. On one hand we want to placate the low attention span Zoomer generation but on the other hand we still want to keep experienced Millennials and GenX people like myself interested.

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Stom said:

I don't see the issue with this system given main already has a no-fire zone and is nowhere near anything, so it wouldn't be somehow abused, and the current system just encourages the same thing using respawn except the player who goes to the effort of helping their team is penalised.

But you do see that spawning at main gives you full ammo? And then teleporting to your rally would undermine the persistent ammo system?

If the enemy captured the Truck they will most likely disable the motor, so the Truck won`t go anywhere (fast). (If these vehicle would just burn out after some time with damaged engine and respawn there wouldnt be this problem)

If the enemy didnt damage the engine and there is someone willing to spend 5-10 Minutes driving the Vehicle back to main but adding 90 sec is outrageous... well dont know wat to say...

 

Beside what Vehicle is left somewere in the field? A Tank? An APC/IFV? its usually just the Trucks (techies/bikes for insurgents). So we should treating the cause not the symptoms.

 

/edit: i do not encourage this "just respawn" im just stunned, that waiting 90 sec. in this game seems to much for somebody...

Edited by Titan84

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Titan84 said:

But you do see that spawning at main gives you full ammo? And then teleporting to your rally would undermine the persistent ammo system?

If the enemy captured the Truck they will most likely disable the motor, so the Truck won`t go anywhere (fast). (If these vehicle would just burn out after some time with damaged engine and respawn there wouldnt be this problem)

If the enemy didnt damage the engine and there is someone willing to spend 5-10 Minutes driving the Vehicle back to main but adding 90 sec is outrageous... well dont know wat to say...

 

Beside what Vehicle is left somewere in the field? A Tank? An APC/IFV? its usually just the Trucks (techies/bikes for insurgents). So we should treating the cause not the symptoms.

 

/edit: i do not encourage this "just respawn" im just stunned, that waiting 90 sec. in this game seems to much for somebody...

You can already spawn at main, rearm then respawn which undermines the system. I agree something should be done to fix that little exploit but my suggestion isn't the instant teleport the OP suggests, but a reduced spawn timer and no ticket loss might encourage more players to secure abandoned vehicles. An easy way around redeploy being abused in that way is make it so it's unavailable until 120 seconds or so after spawning, so it's left for the people who have driven in or those who really did accidentally spawn.

 

I'm not arguing this because I can't bare the thought of a 90 second wait, my issue with the current system is the player who goes to the effort of helping their team by driving a vehicle back to main so others can use it is penalised and I think that shouldn't be the case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Stom said:

 

 

That's not the reality of what is happening. Besides, often a logi will get ambushed then at some point an infantry Squad, who are not related to the squad who originally drove it out, will secure the empty vehicle and people don't want to go to the effort of driving all the way back to main then respawning for 90 seconds or catching a ride back.

It is actually the reality and has been since vehicles were added, its  worse now because of the daft spawn at main default  that is getting sorted hopefully.   People take vehicles to the point they want and abandon them.   If a squad is ambushed I dont see an issue you have two vehicles ... you lose the first one you have an opportunity to take another, you lose a second... thats careless...  It might even force omg... 'teamwork'... 

 

Id prefer to see the game with more elements of realism vs the 'I dont want to do anything that is not shooting and spawning right in the action...... ' brigade.

  

Edited by embecmom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Zylfrax791 said:

Honestly these issues always go back to the fact that Squad is an ever evolving game thats simply trying too hard to keep sitting on the fence between arcade and milsim. The two genre's are completely incompatible and often times cancel each other out.

 

For example, OP cites the abandonment of logistics trucks as a reason to be able to respawn without his team losing a ticket. As discussed many many times before within the same context before this would be an easily abusable system.

 

That said, consider the trigger event of the abandoned logistics truck however. Back before they were nearly disposable they were abandoned just as often. Now its just an excuse to destroy your own assets so it respawns right away and can be utilized again. This evolution is completely illogical to me.

 

I mean its like Arcade Lite or something. On one hand we want to placate the low attention span Zoomer generation but on the other hand we still want to keep experienced Millennials and GenX people like myself interested.

 

 

 

 

agreed but its a different mindset I think (and no disrespect intended) to the battlefield/insurgency players, they just want to spawn / shoot/kill/die and not wait for anything.. i.e vehicle destroyed give me another one right away.... its just a different game and needs a different mindset to play it.  

 

As we get newer players coming into the game these 'insta spawn, give me everything I want' ideas will continue especially with the sort of middle ground the game tries to take... 

 

this is not in reference to the OP who I believe is a wonder fish and experienced player.

Edited by embecmom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, FishMan said:

snip

I aint doing shite, i'm highlighting a situation that would happen if you gave somebody a quick way out of main without or with penalties, especially since the whole spawning with limited ammo thing the devs implemented. This would just encourage people to spawn in main and then redeploy or teleport (doesn't make a difference) to where they actually want to go, as when there is either no spawn delay for the teleport or if it only costs a ticket it woulnd't be perceived as a bad thing by the player itself. The rest of the team might chastice them for spawning main and wasting tickets on teleport or not (if that is the way). However if you put a timer on it till a redeploy you'll just have more ****ers spawning in main and ****ing about till the timer runs out (if it's not a long timer that is).

 

IMHO instead of doing something as game breaking and convoluted as teleporting to fix a problem with the disposability of vehicles it should be attacked at its source, as in why people abandon them. Don't give tools for people who bring them back (as that just takes them out of the battle usually) that can easily be abused by others. For example a horrible idea that I'm just going to post to get the discussion going: if a vehicle is lost the last one to operate it will be penalized in some way, in addition to the ticket loss it usually gives.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

my vehicle is not abandoned, it is the ammo supply for my squad (shouldn't need to unlock vehicle to get access to ammo btw)

 

I think the ammo system post v12 has made vehicles far more valuable in the field. If a team can't manage vehicles then they should not get help from the developers...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, suds said:

 

 

I think the ammo system post v12 has made vehicles far more valuable in the field. If a team can't manage vehicles then they should not get help from the developers...

 

Of course the vehicles especially the logistics truck are more valuable within the persistent ammo paradigm. That's why it blew my mind when all their tickets got reduced to the point of being disposable. This is illogical.

 

But this is my whole point. You can't have an A la carte system that cherry picks elements from both arcade and milsim and expect them to work together. The game has to be one or the other. Along with the persistent ammo there should have instead been a drastic ticket increase in the value of vehicles especially logistics trucks.

 

Accordingly, this is even more of a reason for the implementation of the much needed Commander role that can oversee the distribution of asset's. Otherwise you might as well just make the game like Joint Operations and remove all the ticket costs for the vehicles also with instant respawns and just let everyone go feral because thats what they're doing already.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Zylfrax791 said:

Honestly these issues always go back to the fact that Squad is an ever evolving game thats simply trying too hard to keep sitting on the fence between arcade and milsim. The two genre's are completely incompatible and often times cancel each other out.

 

For example, OP cites the abandonment of logistics trucks as a reason to be able to respawn without his team losing a ticket. As discussed many many times before within the same context before this would be an easily abusable system.

 

That said, consider the trigger event of the abandoned logistics truck however. Back before they were nearly disposable they were abandoned just as often. Now its just an excuse to destroy your own assets so it respawns right away and can be utilized again. This evolution is completely illogical to me.

 

I mean its like Arcade Lite or something. On one hand we want to placate the low attention span Zoomer generation but on the other hand we still want to keep experienced Millennials and GenX people like myself interested.

 

 

 

 

Excuse me, a zoomer? I feel insulted

Maybe we could set an “if this then that” system, say if you leave main you have a certain res pawn time, if you don’t you have another.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Zylfrax791 said:

Of course the vehicles especially the logistics truck are more valuable within the persistent ammo paradigm. That's why it blew my mind when all their tickets got reduced to the point of being disposable. This is illogical.

 

 

well imo the abandoning or the reckless use i.e not giving a toss, about vehicles was costing so many unnecessary tickets that people who didnt care could have a bigger impact on the ticket count than those preserving them... i still say limit the vehicles or as someone suggested on another thread give them their own tickets separate from the normal count.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, embecmom said:

well imo the abandoning or the reckless use i.e not giving a toss, about vehicles was costing so many unnecessary tickets that people who didnt care could have a bigger impact on the ticket count than those preserving them... i still say limit the vehicles or as someone suggested on another thread give them their own tickets separate from the normal count.  

Yeah like you always said those that could care less about tickets have a much greater impact on the match than those that do care.

 

The clear solution is to completely eliminate the ticket costs for vehicles or change the method of their approval and acquisition. I can't tell you how many perfectly good matches were completely ruined by some random dudes running off with the logis and disconnecting.

 

Bottom line, its a broken system prone to trolling & griefing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, suds said:

my vehicle is not abandoned, it is the ammo supply for my squad (shouldn't need to unlock vehicle to get access to ammo btw)

 

I think the ammo system post v12 has made vehicles far more valuable in the field. If a team can't manage vehicles then they should not get help from the developers...

 

this is a good point but what happens when its empty?  tends to be left where it is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wanted to point out Fuzzhead commenting on towing/fixing vehicles on Reddit, since there's some overlap.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/14/2019 at 2:30 PM, Zylfrax791 said:

Honestly after 4k hours the whole magic pillow fort meta seems quite silly and hopefully it will go bye bye forever with the introduction of transport helis. Rallies I'm fine with but the positioning of the HAB is very very predictable at this point and never mind the fact to this day you've got a large percentage of the community who has become engrained with this backwards mentality that HAB preservation takes precedence over smart rally placement and capturing flags.

 

Count me as a no vote for any more teleportation dynamics.

I think once off map assets become available, superfobbing will become less popular since arty/airstrikes will blow them to smithereens. The guys who spend 30 minutes creating the alamo will all have sad faces when their creations are wrecked in 15 seconds and everyone inside is in small pieces. A change for the better IMO. I agree, once trans helos are in, a review of the spawning meta is called for. Maybe limit the number of FOBs up at one time. 

 

I could see having some way to respawn on orphan vics being useful if it was limited in some way. Either only a specific role could do it, or each vehicle would need a "repair" to make it more vulnerable. You can't just spawn on a vic in the middle of a firefight and drive off. 

 

I've always advocated for a free respawn to anyone who drives a vehicle into main to encourage returning them. For example, if you were driving a vic for 45 seconds, and are now in main, you can jump out and respawn at a forward spawnpoint without a ticket or time penalty. This would eliminate people spawning at main, driving a vic out and back in in 10 seconds and then insta-respawning. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×