Sign in to follow this  
AlanGregson

Sprinting speed, off body shooting and reloads

Sprinting speed: Dont know about you guys but i would hope that an infantry solider could sprint a bit faster than a soccer mom that drank too much coffee. Now this would all be dependent on how much shit you're carrying but this would be great for insurgents since they carry **** all and rely on speed and being able to run away from certain sittuations.

Reloads: Im not asking for some tacticool shit, just your standard reload and an emergency reload where the magazine is dropped and its a bit faster. Tap R once for standard and twice for emergency. Cqb sittuation, last thing on my mind is to retain my empty or close to empty mag. 

Off body shooting: dont know if thats the correct term dont care but being able to put your rifle around a corner without exposing yourself would be great, or putting it above cover. Not very effective but good for suppresion without the risk of getting your head blown off. 

13 hours ago, perpetuity said:

x1000 on the reload mechanism. My gods I did it faster in basic training.

what about when real bullets fired at you in a do or die situation?

3 hours ago, embecmom said:

what about when real bullets fired at you in a do or die situation?

Im not talking about the speed of the reload although, he takes his sweet ass time reloading. Im talking about a diffrent technique of reloading, where its faster but the magazine is dropped. 

Reload speed is a must, I got used to playing insurgency sandstorm and double taped r to reload in squad, i was disappointed 

If you need reloading that badly, something went terribly wrong already.

One of the main focus of this game is on teamwork afaik. Stick with your squad, they will cover you or pick you up after the firefight.

If your whole Squad is down already... well, the enemy was superior, better luck next time.

On 13/01/2019 at 5:26 PM, AlanGregson said:

Im not talking about the speed of the reload although, he takes his sweet ass time reloading. Im talking about a diffrent technique of reloading, where its faster but the magazine is dropped. 

... people need to learn not to unload a whole magazine and miss... then blame 'I couldnt reload fast enough, reloading sucks'.... its been discussed in many threads before.. the only thing that I think needs adjusted is all the examining of the rifle/casing etc during the reloading... this is not insurgency this is edging more on the realistic.

18 minutes ago, embecmom said:

... people need to learn not to unload a whole magazine and miss... then blame 'I couldnt reload fast enough, reloading sucks'.... its been discussed in many threads before.. the only thing that I think needs adjusted is all the examining of the rifle/casing etc during the reloading... this is not insurgency this is edging more on the realistic.

It’s realistic that you can’t deop a mag as you load? 

Slow realoads are “realistic” seems kinda dumb to me....

15 hours ago, Thegreenzzz said:

It’s realistic that you can’t deop a mag as you load? 

Slow realoads are “realistic” seems kinda dumb to me....

where did I suggest dropping a mag couldnt be done?  ... as I said.. all the examing of the magazine/rifle stuff needs stripped out its unnecessary and this would speed up the reload,  but a certain section of the community wants a speed reload for clutch times... which I disagree with... because it would just end up always being used so you force this unrealistic 'speed' reload on the game.. 

2 hours ago, embecmom said:

where did I suggest dropping a mag couldnt be done?  ... as I said.. all the examing of the magazine/rifle stuff needs stripped out its unnecessary and this would speed up the reload,  but a certain section of the community wants a speed reload for clutch times... which I disagree with... because it would just end up always being used so you force this unrealistic 'speed' reload on the game.. 

Look up emergency reload on youtube. Its not "unrealistic", its a legit technique that is used in sticky sittuations such as cqb. Slowly looking at your mag and gun while sombody is running at you is a bit unrealistic, getting shoot at might make you want to shift things into fast mode. 

19 hours ago, Titan84 said:

If you need reloading that badly, something went terribly wrong already.

One of the main focus of this game is on teamwork afaik. Stick with your squad, they will cover you or pick you up after the firefight.

If your whole Squad is down already... well, the enemy was superior, better luck next time.

Thats probably the stupidest shit i have ever heard. Once your mag is empty, you need to reload it. If you are far away from the enemy and in cover then fine, take your time and put the magazine back in your pouch but if its a cqb sittuation then an emergency reload is a better idea that might save you. So if your squad is down you should just give up? This shit makes zero sense... 

20 minutes ago, AlanGregson said:

Thats probably the stupidest shit i have ever heard. Once your mag is empty, you need to reload it. If you are far away from the enemy and in cover then fine, take your time and put the magazine back in your pouch but if its a cqb sittuation then an emergency reload is a better idea that might save you. So if your squad is down you should just give up? This shit makes zero sense... 

How about you get emergency reloads but it fits into the persistent ammo framework? That way you actually lose the magazine and can only replace it at main not from an ammo crate.

6 hours ago, AlanGregson said:

Look up emergency reload on youtube.

Mh.. i did, maybe you could give me a link? So far just guys on the range doing it, no combat footage found. So if you suggest that this could be a thing an Jensen`s Range well that would be ok for me.

6 hours ago, AlanGregson said:

So you havend talked to me much... so you and your squad did everything right, but they are all down, you have emptied your whole mag and your sidearm ... and now you depend on the one the one second faster reloading to save the day? And no one would ever use it to boost his supercool run&gun?

...yea sure... somehow realism is ok if they can reload faster and hit better, but if you add realism like tripping over, weapon jam, your aime being knocked out of zero, your hands shaking because your whole squad was moved down in front of your eyes, or getting your mag stuck in your damn pouch and you cant fiddle it out, its suddenly all just a game... right?

20 hours ago, Titan84 said:

Mh.. i did, maybe you could give me a link? So far just guys on the range doing it, no combat footage found. So if you suggest that this could be a thing an Jensen`s Range well that would be ok for me.

So you havend talked to me much... so you and your squad did everything right, but they are all down, you have emptied your whole mag and your sidearm ... and now you depend on the one the one second faster reloading to save the day? And no one would ever use it to boost his supercool run&gun?

...yea sure... somehow realism is ok if they can reload faster and hit better, but if you add realism like tripping over, weapon jam, your aime being knocked out of zero, your hands shaking because your whole squad was moved down in front of your eyes, or getting your mag stuck in your damn pouch and you cant fiddle it out, its suddenly all just a game... right?

All of those examples take control or responsibility away from the player. This doesn’t, quickly reloading a weapon makes sense in a combat situation

1 hour ago, Thegreenzzz said:

All of those examples take control or responsibility away from the player. This doesn’t, quickly reloading a weapon makes sense in a combat situation

uhm... well ..yes, that`s so negativ about them. Right now i cant think of a negativ thing that you are in control of?

20 minutes ago, Titan84 said:

uhm... well ..yes, that`s so negativ about them. Right now i cant think of a negativ thing that you are in control of?

See it wouldn’t be fair to the player if you took away control just for the sake of realism

also, bandaging and giving up are some examples

On 15. 1. 2019 at 9:35 PM, Titan84 said:

Actually sticking your mag back in your pouch is a more fine movment than simply dropping it on the ground...  The reason people train on the range is because after a while it becomes muscle memory. Tripping, getting knocked around and shaking are things that a player can not controll, reloading your gun however is. Your post makes zero ****en sense, a combat game should focus on movments and techniques that are actually used in combat. Escape from tarkov and insurgency sandstorm have all of the things mentioned above and thats why the probably appeal to a broader audience. Simply holding your mag release wating for the mag to drop on the ground and putting a fresh one in is not something that would be too hard for an professional infantry solider to achieve. Squad is s GAME, its not real life. If you want to shake and trip during combat then head to iraq and fight isis with the kurds. 

12 hours ago, EA_SUCKS said:

game is already too fast-paced as it is right now

What’s wrong with having to think quickly? Having to move faster doesn’t get rid of tactics either, I don’t understand why speed is bad

What I at least want is to no having to redo the reload from the beginning just because i switched to pistol/grenade/whatever half a second too early so my previous reload was never counted even if all the steps where completed...

24 minutes ago, Pluto is a planet said:

What I at least want is to no having to redo the reload from the beginning just because i switched to pistol/grenade/whatever half a second too early so my previous reload was never counted even if all the steps where completed...

That’s how sandstorm does it, they have a staged reload system when you take the mag out it stays that way, when you switch back it will continue the load, not sure if thats feasible 

sprinting needs a nerf

the sprinting speed in-game is 5mt/s (or 18km/h)

thats basically what a professional marathon runner goes, which is incredibly fast for a soldier in gear

then the stamina will fully regenerate in only 20 seconds (if stopped)

you can sprint almost 200mts with a full stamina, stop for 20 seconds, then sprint more 200mts

I used to run and I'd sprint 150 mts in 25 seconds (or a little less), then I would rest (jogging) for 20-30 seconds, and sprint more 150 mts

and I would do that 20 times

I was not at professional level, but I'd train with a professional guy

this game is so fast-paced in so many ways

On 1/21/2019 at 4:55 AM, EA_SUCKS said:

sprinting needs a nerf

the sprinting speed in-game is 5mt/s (or 18km/h)

thats basically what a professional marathon runner goes, which is incredibly fast for a soldier in gear

then the stamina will fully regenerate in only 20 seconds (if stopped)

you can sprint almost 200mts with a full stamina, stop for 20 seconds, then sprint more 200mts

I used to run and I'd sprint 150 mts in 25 seconds (or a little less), then I would rest (jogging) for 20-30 seconds, and sprint more 150 mts

and I would do that 20 times

I was not at professional level, but I'd train with a professional guy

this game is so fast-paced in so many ways

IMO Sprinting is fine, especially since map sizes are increasing. V12 made max speed only maintainable for a few seconds, before stamina drain causes a speed drop off, on top of moving or turning sideways causes a temp speed reduction as well.  With v10 & v11 the gameplay and pacing, especially for Infantry has reduced by about 25% - 40%, depending on what map and layer you're on.

Movement speed is a can of worms, not only because people prefer different things to each other, but because anything to do with messing with character speed has varying affects, depending on map sizes and their geography. You have to keep a fine balance that takes into account more than a single aspect of the game.

Squad will always be fast in some aspects, and slow in some - Because it is in the middle of realism and arcade in terms of design.

well, maybe nerf a little then

maximum speed: 15km/h (instead of 18km/h right now)

the fully stamina regeneration while stopped would remanin the same as it is now: 20 seconds

and then you could buff a little the stamina while jogging, right now it takes 60 seconds to fully regenerate, and it could be 45 seconds

Those numbers are a little more realistic and wouldn't break the game

I think it'd a good balance

double tap forward should also include the sprint modifier at least as an option.

I have a peg holding shift down right now for those long runs...normally i am in another room for these :)