LiohaTroll

Can't join servers after Alpha 12

Posted (edited)

Well the thing is I've bought Squad when it was Alpha 9, played a lot, then dropped it, and some time later i downloaded it when it became Alpha 12 and tried to play. And now I just can't join the servers: the map is just loading around 10-15 minutes (sometimes I can hear it finished or even see the respawn screen), and then I'm getting kicked into the main menu. Tried to wipe my cache, tried to reinstall my game - nothing helped.

Hell I want to play Squad at least one more time, can someone help me to solve that crap please?

P.S. Specs are: GTX770 2GB GDDR5, 8GB DDR3 RAM, Intel Xeon W3550 3.06 (3.2 turbo), TOSHIBA DT01ACA100, and I could play Alpha 9 having 30-45 fps stable, never has fallen lower than 30

Edited by LiohaTroll
Added P.S.

7 hours ago, LiohaTroll said:

Well the thing is I've bought Squad when it was Alpha 9, played a lot, then dropped it, and some time later i downloaded it when it became Alpha 12 and tried to play. And now I just can't join the servers: the map is just loading around 10-15 minutes (sometimes I can hear it finished or even see the respawn screen), and then I'm getting kicked into the main menu. Tried to wipe my cache, tried to reinstall my game - nothing helped.

Hell I want to play Squad at least one more time, can someone help me to solve that crap please?

What your specs? 

On 09.01.2019 at 9:24 PM, Pluto is a planet said:

Have you tried to disable the firewall?

Yup, tried almost everything i've found by this topic

On 10.01.2019 at 3:58 AM, ZXD_Lee said:

What your specs? 

GTX770 2GB

8GB DDR3 RAM

Intel Xeon W3550 3.06 (I play with turbo 24/7, works 3.20 tops), and I played Alpha 9 easily w/this specs, I had 30-45 FPS stable, and could easily join servers.

On 10.01.2019 at 6:56 AM, fuzzhead said:

Do you have it installed on a 5600 RPM hard disk drive?

TOSHIBA DT01ACA100 7200 RPM 32mb

P.S. I also found some posts like "devs are testing new fix on the test server", and tried to join it, but my server list's been empty, so I couldn't/

Edited by LiohaTroll

V12 has added alot of large textures, which has created a problem for HDD users.

V12.1 and V12.2 has implemented alot of optimisations in hopes to relieve some of the problems for HDD users, unfortunately it still seems to be an issue for performance.

7200 RPM should allow you to play, as it's at least not as old tech as 5600RPM.

A tip that seems to work for many users on HDDs is to load up Squad, then allow it to idle in the main menu for 5-10 minutes. During this time, Easy Anticheat is scanning files to ensure there is no modified/tampered files, which is done very quickly on an SSD but because of some of the file sizes in V12, it is now bogging down HDDs. Once you wait 5-10 minutes in the main menu, try to join the server and it should load after a period of time.

If you have access to an SSD, installing Squad on that could alleviate your perf issues.

We will continue to optimize textures and change the way they get loaded in the engine to hopefully alleviate these issues with using HDDs.

10 minutes ago, fuzzhead said:

V12 has added alot of large textures, which has created a problem for HDD users.

V12.1 and V12.2 has implemented alot of optimisations in hopes to relieve some of the problems for HDD users, unfortunately it still seems to be an issue for performance.

A tip that seems to work for many users on HDDs is to load up Squad, then allow it to idle in the main menu for 5-10 minutes. During this time, Easy Anticheat is scanning files to ensure there is no modified/tampered files, which is done very quickly on an SSD but because of some of the file sizes in V12, it is now bogging down HDDs. Once you wait 5-10 minutes in the main menu, try to join the server and it should load after a period of time.

If you have access to an SSD, installing Squad on that could alleviate your perf issues.

We will continue to optimize textures and change the way they get loaded in the engine to hopefully alleviate these issues with using HDDs.

Well oke, gonna try it now. Very appreciated for your help and support!)

7 hours ago, ZXD_Lee said:

yeah your specs are very old, i would upgrade everything 

Yeah, I know but have no opportunity in the mean time, but i'll try to make it a bit better, at least buying 8GB+ RAM

8 hours ago, fuzzhead said:

YAAAAAASSSS!!!!!! HELL YES, IT WORKED!!! I just sat 10-15 minutes in the main menu and IT WORKED!!! Guys I love u so much, you're the damn saint people, really! I'm very appreciated for your help!

Yeah I would say having a decent i5 or i7 from 3 or 4 years ago! A GTX 970 minimum but a 980ti or 1060 upwards 

16GB of ram and SSD 

sitting around for 10-15 is terrible! 

Glad it's working for you Lioha, hope you have some fun gameplay let us know how it goes :)