Is this a good pc for squad?

Posted (edited)

Hello,

i can buy a used desktop for €500 with following specs: 

- MSI Intel Z97 PC Mate (MS-7850) motherboard 

- i5- 4590 CPU @3.30Ghz quadcore processor
- 8Gb ram 
- Asus RX 570 Series GDDR5 4Gb

My question his, can this desktop run squad?(settings&fps) and is it possible to expand this desktop with other cpu or gpu?

Looking forward to the answers!

Bjarne

Edited by BjarneP

This setup is really not worth 500€...

I'd say max(!) 350€ but not 500€. Old 4th generation CPU, 8GB DDR3 RAM.... thats 2012 Hardware dude...

but yes, should work on your PC. I have the i5 4570 (one step lower yours) CPU and can run its on around 60 FPS (depends on map).

Gpu should also do it for medium to high settings.

For around 600 Euro you'll get a new pc with a ryzen 7 1700 and a gtx 1060 6gb and 16gb RAM, which will run the game way better then this old used one.

48 minutes ago, Planetgong said:

For around 600 Euro you'll get a new pc with a ryzen 7 1700 and a gtx 1060 6gb and 16gb RAM, which will run the game way better then this old used one.

Can you send me some links or names? And is intel not better of a ryzen? 

1 hour ago, cheese said:

This setup is really not worth 500€...

I'd say max(!) 350€ but not 500€. Old 4th generation CPU, 8GB DDR3 RAM.... thats 2012 Hardware dude...

but yes, should work on your PC. I have the i5 4570 (one step lower yours) CPU and can run its on around 60 FPS (depends on map).

Gpu should also do it for medium to high settings.

For €500 i get the full setup with IIayama HD prolite screen, mouse and keyboard. 

Is there a possibilty to upgrade the desktop? 16GB RAM, new cpu and motherboard? 

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, BjarneP said:

Can you send me some links or names? And is intel not better of a ryzen? 

Depends on, where you from. But you can google for ryzen 7 1700. Should be around 150 €. A midprice motherboard with AM 4 socket is around 90€. 16 gb of DDR 4 RAM around 100 €. GPU  gtx 1060 6gb ca. 230 €. And psu is 50 €. So that's 620 € in total. Oh and a case 30 € .

Putting it together on your own is easy.

And with this set up you're fine for a while.

There's no need to buy high end PC, if you only use it to play a few hours a week.

And Ryzen cpus perform very well. Better then Intel atm.

Edited by Planetgong

5 hours ago, Planetgong said:

Depends on, where you from. But you can google for ryzen 7 1700. Should be around 150 €. A midprice motherboard with AM 4 socket is around 90€. 16 gb of DDR 4 RAM around 100 €. GPU  gtx 1060 6gb ca. 230 €. And psu is 50 €. So that's 620 € in total. Oh and a case 30 € .

Putting it together on your own is easy.

And with this set up you're fine for a while.

There's no need to buy high end PC, if you only use it to play a few hours a week.

And Ryzen cpus perform very well. Better then Intel atm.

I would like to build one by myself but i have no knowledge enough. Other then that, do you need anything else? Coolers, extra cables, ssd? 

If anyone would help me to build a desktop for +- 650€, say what i need to buy etc. I would appreciate it very much!!

The desktop would be only for squad and some basic stuff.

Thanks a lot for the advice and suggestions.

1 hour ago, BjarneP said:

I would like to build one by myself but i have no knowledge enough. Other then that, do you need anything else? Coolers, extra cables, ssd? 

If anyone would help me to build a desktop for +- 650€, say what i need to buy etc. I would appreciate it very much!!

www.pcpartpicker.com is a great site to assemble your build and ask questions. The parts list also notifies you off incompatibilities.

They have some builds from staff members up, check them out. Just make sure to change to your country for a price in euro.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, BjarneP said:

Besides the things i already mentioned, you would need 1 m2 ssd (250gb for ~40€) for your windows, browser and mailprogramm and 1 2.5" ssd (500gb ~60 € (smaller and cheaper, if you only play squad)) for your games.

Air cooling for your cpu ~30€. Cables (you would need1 for 2,5" ssd) is included with your motherboard.

Putting it together is easy. There are loads of videos online how to do it correctly.

Edited by Planetgong