Jump to content
BjarneP

Can this laptop handle the game?

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Hello everyone,

 

I just signed up here so don’t blame me for doing something wrong.

I’m looking to buy a new laptop (yes a laptop) but i would like to play some squad. I’m looking to buy Acer Aspire 7 A715 72G-75RS. It has i7-8750H Hexa Core processor 2.2MHz till 4.1MHz, 16GB RAM and nvidia GTX 1050 4GB.

Like the title said, can this laptop handle the game? (Other suggestions are welcome)

 

I’m not a fanatic pc gamer so i don’t need a gaming laptop. I need the laptop also for work (accountant stuff).

 

Currently, i have no budget for a desktop.

Thanks in advance,

Bjarne

Edited by BjarneP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

It'll most likely run Squad but on the lower settings. That mobile card isn't that good at all while the CPU is alright.

Edited by CC-Marley

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CC-Marley said:

It'll most likely run Squad but on the lower settings.

Thank you for answering. What fps should i get on the low settings? Do you have another suggesstion of laptop? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, CC-Marley said:

I'd suggest a better card than the mobile 1050.

Would GTX1050 ti 4GB do a big difference? Or do i need to look for 1060 or higher?

i just dont want to spend more than €1200 because 1. I dont know of i’ll play this game forever and 2. I’m not a huge pc gamer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, BjarneP said:

Would GTX1050 ti 4GB do a big difference? Or do i need to look for 1060 or higher?

i just dont want to spend more than €1200 because 1. I dont know of i’ll play this game forever and 2. I’m not a huge pc gamer. 

Go higher than a 1050 Ti. I have GTX 1050Ti GT OC 4GB / i7-4790 @3.6ghz / 12gb ddr3 ram and i'm playing on low @1080p. 45-75fps depending on action and map. Looks like sh/t but it's playable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, oTec said:

Go higher than a 1050 Ti. I have GTX 1050Ti GT OC 4GB / i7-4790 @3.6ghz / 12gb ddr3 ram and i'm playing on low @1080p. 45-75fps depending on action and map. Looks like sh/t but it's playable.

Thank you for your reply.

Looks like sh/t? Is there any laptop that can handle this game expect a 3KG weighted gaming laptop or >€2000 laptop?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

@BjarneP Cheapest one i come across, after a very quick search, is the HP Omen 15 - ce032nb. 1400 euro - GTX 1060 6GB , 2x 8GB DDR4 2400 , i7 7700HQ.

 

For a laptop with 1070, price skyrockets to 2k.

Edited by oTec

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, oTec said:

@BjarneP Cheapest one i come across, after a very quick search, is the HP Omen 15 - ce032nb. 1400 euro - GTX 1060 6GB , 2x 8GB DDR4 2400 , i7 7700HQ.

 

For a laptop with 1070, price skyrockets to 2k.

Thanks for the quick search! But all of my pc-friends don't advise me to buy HP...

But here is some gameplay i found on youtube from someone with the same specs as the acer, expect he has a GTX 1060 3GB playing on EPIC! So is there is no possibility that i can play on med/high settings? (just asking)

 

 

Edited by BjarneP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, BjarneP said:

Thanks for the quick search! But all of my pc-friends don't advise me to buy HP...

But here is some gameplay i found on youtube from someone with the same specs as the acer, expect he has a GTX 1060 3GB playing on EPIC! So is there is no possibility that i can play on med/high settings? (just asking)

 

 

 

I wouldn't go with the 3gb imo, but that's up to you.

The MSI GF62 8RE-042BE Azerty is at a discount in my country from 1499 to 1299 if you don't like HP.

 

GTX 1060 6GB / i7 8750H / 16GB DDR4 2400

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, BjarneP said:

Thanks for the quick search! But all of my pc-friends don't advise me to buy HP...

But here is some gameplay i found on youtube from someone with the same specs as the acer, expect he has a GTX 1060 3GB playing on EPIC! So is there is no possibility that i can play on med/high settings? (just asking)

 

 

 

Do not EVER ever put 100% credits into random youtube videos that claims to have same system specs as you do.

Even if they might have same specs, the environment they are playing and you get to play will be very much different. The author of the video might have some settings enabled/disabled to boost the performance of the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, SamWise said:

 

Do not EVER ever put 100% credits into random youtube videos that claims to have same system specs as you do.

Even if they might have same specs, the environment they are playing and you get to play will be very much different. The author of the video might have some settings enabled/disabled to boost the performance of the game.

Okay thanks for the advise!

What should you do, i have currently a macbook pro 13’ 2015 (windows and OSX) but to opitmize everything i should go to a fully windows laptop/desktop.

I got to options:

1. Sell the macbook pro, buy the acer (hopefully be able to play squad and some others)

2. Keep the macbook pro and wait a year for a desktop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BjarneP said:

Okay thanks for the advise!

What should you do, i have currently a macbook pro 13’ 2015 (windows and OSX) but to opitmize everything i should go to a fully windows laptop/desktop.

I got to options:

1. Sell the macbook pro, buy the acer (hopefully be able to play squad and some others)

2. Keep the macbook pro and wait a year for a desktop.

In my PERSONAL opinion, I'd wait for Desktop over laptop... 

Desktop rigs will most always be "stronger",more powerful/ resistant to thermal/environmental disadvantages, compare to same level of Laptop rigs(mobile)

Only reason someone would get a laptop for gaming purposes are most likely due to 

A. Advantages of mobile : Only if you do not have permanent set up or to move around so much

B. Cost : Laptops may be cheaper than desktops, but it comes with the price to pay (Yes, I am proud of my puns :P)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SamWise said:

In my PERSONAL opinion, I'd wait for Desktop over laptop... 

Desktop rigs will most always be "stronger",more powerful/ resistant to thermal/environmental disadvantages, compare to same level of Laptop rigs(mobile)

Only reason someone would get a laptop for gaming purposes are most likely due to 

A. Advantages of mobile : Only if you do not have permanent set up or to move around so much

B. Cost : Laptops may be cheaper than desktops, but it comes with the price to pay (Yes, I am proud of my puns :P)

At the moment i can buy a desktop from someone with the following specs:

i5-4590 CPU @3.30Ghz quadcore 
- 8GB RAM
- Asus RX 570 Series GDDR5 4GB

-MSI Intel Z97 PC Mate (MS-7850)

 

Comes with a IIyama HD. Led Prolite screen.

Should i buy it?

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×