Sign in to follow this  
Font

V12 Feedback

I know V12 is playable for a couple of months now, but I was playing other games and was taking a break from squad. During the Christmas holidays I started playing again and I have 30 hours in V12 and 550hours in total.

My biggest issue with V12 is that I feel it was rushed and not ready to release, I know it is an early access game, but it doesn't mean that a new update should be a step back. Don't get me wrong, I Squad is still my favorite FPS. 

The persistent ammo system currently is bad, and just looking for any excuse for taking away your ammo. I think there were 3 times when I joined the game, and on my very first spawn, I spawned with 3 magazines, and no other equipment, just because I changed my kit from SL with a red dot to an SL with an Acog. Or regular rifleman to rifleman with an acog. I think you should never lose equipment when changing a kit, just not get the special equipment. For example when you change from rifleman to grenadier, you will have the same amount of magazines and equipment as with the previous kit at the time of change, but you will not have any rifle grenades until you resupply. Same if you change to AT etc. If the weapon uses the same cartridge there is no reason losing it. I think giving your mags to teammates would also be awesome (Pls Offworld :) ). 

Other issue is that in V11 the games performance was awesome, now in V12 it drops again into the 40s, on the same settings on which in V11 i had 100 or more.  (GTX 1080, i7 7700k, 16GB RAM). 

I also prefer the old medic system, where only the medic is able to revive. It makes the medic more important. I made this suggestion before, but I think rifleman and non medics should be able to help with the reviving, not straight up reviving dead players. If they could use the bandage of a downed (or a bleeding teammate) to patch them up, then the medic will just come, and heal them, without the need of bandaging every single player. 

I think V12 was rushed in order to have tanks in the game asap. I would be okay if the new content and patches would come later but they wouldn't reduce performance, and the new systems would be properly tested and adjusted. Having helicopters (with fast ropes), 100 players, new maps and factions is all good and I am excited on what comes next, especially when new maps and factions can be released with the help of talented modders, but only release them when they are ready, and will not take a huge hit on the performance of the game. 

One last thing completely unrelated to this topic: In my opinion a breacher kit with grappling hooks would be awesome to see, since they would make attacking superfobs way easier. 

You know, this might be the first time i've read actual constructive criticism about V12, or at least one of very few times. Usually people just say "v12 sucks because its not like v11". Tho i don't agree with all of em, you've got some good points and ideas for improvements.

16 minutes ago, Font said:

I also prefer the old medic system, where only the medic is able to revive. It makes the medic more important. I made this suggestion before, but I think rifleman and non medics should be able to help with the reviving, not straight up reviving dead players. If they could use the bandage of a downed (or a bleeding teammate) to patch them up, then the medic will just come, and heal them, without the need of bandaging every single player

something is telling me that you didnt play medic that much in V11 and dont know the issue with beeing one on public servers, right?

The truth... 

11 minutes ago, cheese said:

something is telling me that you didnt play medic that much in V11 and dont know the issue with beeing one on public servers, right?

The truth... 

I don't play with randoms, and when I do I am usually a SL. Squad has plenty of small national communities in EU, and I am part of one. We played 2 rounds yesterday. I was a medic the whole time in the first one, and in the second I switched to the medic in the second half of the game when the original medic left. I don't mind playing the medic.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Font said:

I know V12 is playable for a couple of months now, but I was playing other games and was taking a break from squad. During the Christmas holidays I started playing again and I have 30 hours in V12 and 550hours in total.

My biggest issue with V12 is that I feel it was rushed and not ready to release, I know it is an early access game, but it doesn't mean that a new update should be a step back. Don't get me wrong, I Squad is still my favorite FPS. 

The persistent ammo system currently is bad, and just looking for any excuse for taking away your ammo. I think there were 3 times when I joined the game, and on my very first spawn, I spawned with 3 magazines, and no other equipment, just because I changed my kit from SL with a red dot to an SL with an Acog. Or regular rifleman to rifleman with an acog. I think you should never lose equipment when changing a kit, just not get the special equipment. For example when you change from rifleman to grenadier, you will have the same amount of magazines and equipment as with the previous kit at the time of change, but you will not have any rifle grenades until you resupply. Same if you change to AT etc. If the weapon uses the same cartridge there is no reason losing it. I think giving your mags to teammates would also be awesome (Pls Offworld :) ). 

I like the persistent ammo... it stops the changing kit to the one needed and magically spawning in with that HAT or rpg just because a vehicle is nearby... not sure what equipment you are suggesting you keep or just magazines?  Classes should not be mixed.

I also prefer the old medic system, where only the medic is able to revive. It makes the medic more important. I made this suggestion before, but I think rifleman and non medics should be able to help with the reviving, not straight up reviving dead players. If they could use the bandage of a downed (or a bleeding teammate) to patch them up, then the medic will just come, and heal them, without the need of bandaging every single player. 

I was heavily critical of this change but overall it has been for the better in terms of the ability for others to revive, but feel its given medics this gungho mentality now.

I think V12 was rushed in order to have tanks in the game asap. I would be okay if the new content and patches would come later but they wouldn't reduce performance, and the new systems would be properly tested and adjusted. Having helicopters (with fast ropes), 100 players, new maps and factions is all good and I am excited on what comes next, especially when new maps and factions can be released with the help of talented modders, but only release them when they are ready, and will not take a huge hit on the performance of the game. 

there were lots of people screaming for v12, give us it now we dont care if its buggy... now people complain cos its buggy..they cant win... overall I think its better for it. The worst thing about it is the new rally system, i like people spawning in waves, but it has led to more giving up because of this i.e not wanting to miss the wave, .. the system still needs a little work..

One last thing completely unrelated to this topic: In my opinion a breacher kit with grappling hooks would be awesome to see, since they would make attacking superfobs way easier. 

with no destructable objects, windows  nor opening / closing doors etc feel its pretty pointless... do the grunts normally carry flashbangs?

Edited by embecmom

5 minutes ago, embecmom said:

I like the persistent ammo... it stops the changing kit to the one needed and magically spawning in with that HAT or rpg just because a vehicle is nearby... not sure what equipment you are suggesting you keep or just magazines?  Classes should not be mixed.

I was heavily critical of this change but overall it has been for the better in terms of the ability for others to revive, but feel its given medics this gungho mentality now.

there were lots of people screaming for v12, give us it now we dont care if its buggy... now people complain cos its buggy..they cant win... overall I think its better for it. The worst thing about it is the new rally system, i like people spawning in waves, but it has led to more giving up because of this i.e not wanting to miss the wave, .. the system still needs a little work..

with no destructable objects, windows  nor opening / closing doors etc feel its pretty pointless... do the grunts normally carry flashbangs?

For the persistent ammo kit change I meant that if you are a rifleman with 5 magazines, and you decide to change to a LAT, you would spawn with a the exact same amount of ammo as you had before, but you would spawn without rockets for your launcher. You would need to resupply to get the rockets. I don't want to mix the kits either. 
I was never screaming to get V12 released. These people just should be ignored. If they are bored of Squad because there no new content, they should play some other game, and come back when the new content is out. 

I don't know if the army or grunts normally carry flashbangs, I want the breacher because of the grappling hook, so if all the doorways are blocked by HESCOs, then he can throw the grappling hook over the wall, or in the case of a building to the first floor, etc. Now the only way to get inside superfobs is to dig down their fortifications. 

48 minutes ago, Font said:

I don't play with randoms, and when I do I am usually a SL. Squad has plenty of small national communities in EU, and I am part of one. We played 2 rounds yesterday. I was a medic the whole time in the first one, and in the second I switched to the medic in the second half of the game when the original medic left. I don't mind playing the medic.

thats the point. theres a big difference compared to public gameplay which is the majority this game is beeing played. if you guys play in a community you can just play with extra rules like only medic revive. But dont compare that to public games. maybe in the future there might be modded servers or server options with the old revive system.

27 minutes ago, cheese said:

thats the point. theres a big difference compared to public gameplay which is the majority this game is beeing played. if you guys play in a community you can just play with extra rules like only medic revive. But dont compare that to public games. maybe in the future there might be modded servers or server options with the old revive system.

That I play with a community, doesn't mean I don't play on public servers. We play on public all the time. But there is nothing wrong with the new medic system, I just prefer the old one. We just have a difference in opinion, which is fine :)

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Font said:

I was never screaming to get V12 released. These people just should be ignored.

I guess as you said above, its just your opinion on which many people disagreed, but given V12 was released under a public playtest server a good few bugs were ironed out and people liked the dynamics, the things you mention are not bugs but your dislike of the new mechanics (apart from performance which has in all honesty been an issue from day one).  It did not mean it was not ready.

Edited by embecmom

2 hours ago, Font said:

I don't know if the army or grunts normally carry flashbangs, I want the breacher because of the grappling hook, so if all the doorways are blocked by HESCOs, then he can throw the grappling hook over the wall, or in the case of a building to the first floor, etc. Now the only way to get inside superfobs is to dig down their fortifications. 

again how many are carrying grapling hooks?....   a normal infantry squad is generally (and I stand to be corrected) not carrying kit for such a scenario.. it would I imagine be some sort of special forces unit or sapper unit to blow the walls not sure whether thats going to be part of the game... I do believe fast ropes will be deployable from choppers... I do think there should be a demolitions/sapper class in the Russian/US and British forces.

Imho any steps taken towards improving realism in the game should be welcomed as evolving the game away from this Frankenstein arcade/milsim hybrid is a good thing that will grow the community.

Persistent ammo and non-medic revives have been highly successful in eliminating the fresh respawn cheese for sure that essentially allowed a surrounded fob/hab to have perpetual ammo.

Jumping in to say thanks, letcha know we're reading along, and encourage the discussion to continue. There's some great points made and we've definitely learned some lessons over 2018 that we really hope to apply in 2019, especially for testing and releases. Hopefully, some communication/information dissemination improvements that'll help too. =)

I think the ability for everyone to revive is a great as I find myself being to only one in the squad that picked medic. if this happens I just stop reviving if it isn't vital for or squads survival until we get a second medic. I am sick with people that rather play ****ing scope less rifleman that are just medics that can't heal instead of actually playing a medic if you don't reviving a player after bandaging him there is just no point in doing so because players will just give up after some time has passed. I you get revived without getting healed you are useless until you find a medic to heal you in critical situations normal classes should revive and the medic needs to heal everyone that got revived it takes to long in some situations for a medic to heal everyone after a revive. 

I was very weary of every one being able to revive making the medic pointless. This turned out to not be as bad as I expected as it can really help turn things around. But I still believe that those getting revived by a none-medic should suffer a much greater penalty. Right now you're basically combat effective, especially in CQB, when getting revived by any smuck. This imo is not right, not getting revived by the medic should incur a heavier weapon sway penalty and an even greater slow down debuff than simply being out of stamina. 

On 1/5/2019 at 11:22 AM, Font said:

This honestly makes a lot of sense and am very much in agreement with this. Persistent ammo should really have had some more time in the oven before getting pushed out. Just as how increadibly annoying it is to have to resupply EVERYTHING or NOTHING at all. Shot your hat and reloaded half a magazine? well too bad and **** you, no resupplying off a rifleman because he has 100 ammo and you need 103 ammo.. really? 

Edited by Chompster

Other things I noticed. Hitregistration seems to be worse. Imho the best hitreg was in V9, and it seems to be degrading with every patch. I had countless occasions, where I hit someone multiple times, see blood, but he takes no damage. I've even seen headshots with blood go unregistered. 

The reworked yeho area has some invisible walls and ramps. It happened multiple times that all of the sudden I am walking in the air, because there was an invisible ramp in front of me. Or I am walking in one place, because there is an invisible wall in front of me. 

Edited by Font

I agree with Font, and I will add the lack of maps, especially with the problem the players who can revive an entire team (a single player could ambush and decimated a squad, but now, if a player of the opposing team remains alive, he reanimates the whole team). the tanks are difficult to destroy (rockets not powerful enough), sometimes the grenade launcher does no damage to an enemy at 3 meters, I stopped playing for 1 month, because even before the beginning of the maps, I can detected FOB enemies and put the marker on the maps, or will be placed enemies (FOB, TANK ...). I will like many more new official maps. thank you everyone.

PS: and yes i noticed too, hitregistration seems to be worse

Edited by infamousplayer