Jump to content
Noobgamer

RU is still relatively underpowered.

Recommended Posts

On 1/3/2019 at 11:09 PM, Noobgamer said:

I know this had been discussed before, but the general consensus from Chinese veteran players is that currently RU faction is much inferior to the US and UK faction in both infantry weapons and armored vehicles. For instance, not only does the US faction get more powerful scopes with better reticle patterns, but it also has stronger vehicles. 

 

Suggestions:

1.

The in-game 1P78 actually does not correctly reflect the effectiveness of the IRL 1P78, the latter of which benefits from slimmer and better separated chevrons, this urgently requires correction.

http://zenphotos.net/file/Online/SVD/Optics/1P78-ReticuleDay01.JPG

 

Also, the performance of optic machinegunns in Squad depend heavily on their scopes, and the lower magnification level of 1P78 greatly jeopardizes that of RU machinegunners. So, I would recommend equipping them with better ones.

http://zenphotos.net/zenphotos/file/Online/SVD/Optics/PSU_1-4_Reticule4xM855.JPG

http://zenphotos.net/zenphotos/file/Online/SVD/optics/PO4x17Reticule10.jpg

 

2. 

Vehicle balance could be tricky, so a simple way to do it is to increase the ratio of 82A so that the RU faction can at least have a better chance against Strikers or Hunters.

1.The ak74 isn't that bad , it has lower recoil than the m4 . But yea , the Russian scope chevrons are really thick and need change now. 

2. Ratio of what? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've only recently noticed how sh*/t btr's are now, the normal one being useful for nothing but anti infantry duty or armoured transport. Can't beat a stryker if its life depended on it. 30MM is only marginally better.

 

I've had fights where i caught a stryker from behind and emptied 2 mags into it and it still ran away. It hits us a few rounds and the engine is gone...

 

Not too mention the fact that the normal BTR's gun also overheats while being mag fed, wich limits it even more.

Edited by oTec

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, cheese said:

This is why I rather argue to have RU "underpowered" than have it fixed the way so many people want the RU to be fixed. Whenever RU player loses vehicle battle, it's always "RU needs BMP so bad". Like in the end, all factions should basically be a mirror image with different skins. 

 

And the RU vics in your video basically did everything wrong. With recent handheld LAT / HAT nerf, using RU BTRs has never been easier. It is an effective infantry sniper capable of going 100km/h on a paved road which also translates to best offroad performance in game. Engage and displace. 

 

I guess BMP would be added in the future anyway so I can be arguing for a moot point but solution to RU vic being different / harder to use is not giving RU bigger vic with bigger ***.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People just can't seem to understand that Russian vehicles aren't as heavily armored as American or British equivalents. Throw a BMP-2M or BMP-3 in, and you still get the same result or maybe even make the game even more unbalanced. (Both of those are ridiculously well-armed but ridiculously poorly armored for the sake of amphibious capability)

 

I think the best way to balance it out is to actually authentically represent the RPG in-game, and stop messing with the penetration capabilities of RU LAT.  Give it its authentic ammunition types and authentic penetration values, and leave it at that. Currently, RU armor is severely affected by the fact that the US/UK have

 

Overpowered AT4

 

LAW rockets

 

and most importantly GL launchers that can kill a BTR-82A with like 6-7 shots.

 

I like the asymmetry, but I think the devs screwing with LAT's abilities and not putting in the proper ammunition has really screwed the balance of the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, pigsoup said:

This is why I rather argue to have RU "underpowered" than have it fixed the way so many people want the RU to be fixed. Whenever RU player loses vehicle battle, it's always "RU needs BMP so bad". Like in the end, all factions should basically be a mirror image with different skins. 

 

And the RU vics in your video basically did everything wrong. With recent handheld LAT / HAT nerf, using RU BTRs has never been easier. It is an effective infantry sniper capable of going 100km/h on a paved road which also translates to best offroad performance in game. Engage and displace. 

 

I guess BMP would be added in the future anyway so I can be arguing for a moot point but solution to RU vic being different / harder to use is not giving RU bigger vic with bigger ***.

And I guess we should just let go of the fact that the Warrior also did "everything wrong" by allowing itself to be surrendered by the entirety of enemy APCs yet killing each and everyone of them.

Edited by Noobgamer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, pigsoup said:

Like in the end, all factions should basically be a mirror image with different skins. 

No.  Factions should be balanced in different ways.  On the front lines, the major factions should easily beat the INS/MIL with brute force.  But, few things feel more rewarding than out playing them because you played smarter and used the INS/MIL strengths against them.  ie) speed/mobility/ambushes.  When a 30mm and his pals come up to a warrior, the warrior should be able to easily take them all...unless they play smarter.  We have taken on Bradleys/Warriors with packs of 30mm working together driving around faster than the turret can spin taking turns shooting their ass.  So no.  They should not be reskins, they should be different factions that force you to think and play differently based on their abilities.  You might not be able to take out an Abrams 1v1 with a T72, but you can set up a coronet and get your LAT's coordinated.  If you want everything to be a reskin, well, battlefield is on sale.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Noobgamer said:

And I guess we should just let go of the fact that the Warrior also did "everything wrong" by allowing itself to be surrendered by the entirety of enemy APCs yet killing each and everyone of them.

Re-watching the video again, the warrior in the beginning clearly had almost perfect intel into what they were getting into. And it stayed on the road, able to quickly turn armour around and not get stuck whilst doing so. So I would disagree that the Warrior did "everything wrong". Only thing I would have disagreed with the crew would be how close it was to the cap point but I sense that the crew knew from other SLs that their flanks were relatively safe as far as they knew. 

 

On the other hand, the first RU vic scout car, obviously had NO INTEL from his fellow SLs, although rushing into a cap zone with RU scout car is a bad idea always anyway. The second RU vic - 30MM engaged the warrior's front armour and had the chance to fall back behind a building but did not, and instead decided to close in which proved tactically fatal - especially after his fellow 30MM decided to smoke up and fall back itself. The first 30MM could have used that smoke to disengage easily since its engine was still fine. The third BTR that went down, the BTR80 should have not even engaged in the first place - especially at that range. The last 30MM was in the best position but overestimated their guns' capabilities and engaged close quarter and when their engine was down, they were doomed. 

 

What the video shows is that Warrior is clearly more powerful and easier to use that BTRs especially in the map like that where it is hard for vehicles to maneuver. It also shows that instead of RU vics trying to help out at the defend point where at the end of the vid, it was getting completely surrounded, they decided to go aggro, overestimated 30MM's performance, and lost the team at least 43 tickets with however damage the RU vic could have done for next 10 min. We had this kind of vehicle balance for quite a while. So I do not think the video shows anything of significance except bad plays. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, pigsoup said:

What the video shows is that Warrior is clearly more powerful and easier to use that BTRs especially in the map like that where it is hard for vehicles to maneuver. It also shows that instead of RU vics trying to help out at the defend point where at the end of the vid, it was getting completely surrounded, they decided to go aggro, overestimated 30MM's performance, and lost the team at least 43 tickets with however damage the RU vic could have done for next 10 min. We had this kind of vehicle balance for quite a while. So I do not think the video shows anything of significance except bad plays. 

"overestimated 30MM's performance": So you admited that Warrior is better.

"with however damage the RU vic could have done for next 10 min": And with better armor and stronger firepower, the Warrior, if left alive, would only bleed more tickets from the RU.

 

What the video displayed was that clearly Warrior outclassed BTRs by a large margin:

1. On maps which are open and flat, it is basically impossible for BTRs to outgun Warrior, and on maps which are mountainous or small, BTRs can not run away from Warrior while being useful. 

2. The superior mobility of the BTRs is completely pointless, as they are also weaker against AT infantry, so the only thing they are better at doing is hunting logis.

3. It would only get worse if it was RU vs US, as Striker and Hunter would completely negate any mobility advantage the RU might have.

Edited by Noobgamer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Noobgamer said:

3. It would only get worse if it was RU vs US, as Striker and Hunter would completely negate any mobility advantage the RU might have.

 

In the current balance, the stryker is actually my biggest annoyance. The Warrior is soo loud that you can hear it coming from miles away, still doesn't justify 30MM rounds bouncing off it at evry angle but that's atleast one drawback.

 

This is on squad gamepedia, outdated possibly.

 

"The vehicle's armor is the strongest at the very front, where HEAT/TOW rockets are the only weapon to consistently pierce its heavy slope . The side armor and rear armor is much weaker, with the side armor protecting against small arms and HMGs only, and the rear armor protecting only against small arms fire. "

 

So a 30MM to the side of a warrior should make quick work of it, but it doens't. But they're both IFV's atleast. (or the 30MM is a mix of both).

 

But the stryker is an APC ,  and it still shrugs off 30MM rounds like nothing.

 

From gamepedia

 

'The Stryker's armour is quite strong, it is immune to HMG fire from the front, and its side armour, while weaker, is still powerful. Its armour is stronger than any variant of the BTR that the enemy can field. "

 

So it can shrug off HMG but not 30MM , yet you'll never win face to face with BTR-82A to a stryker ingame.

 

So TLDR, don't use BTR's for AV currently, they're a waste of tickets. Even more now they're on the same ticket count as IFV's for some reason.

Go shoot up some inf or play taxi untill you're found by evry other armoured vehicle that's superior to you.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The issue is with the 30 mm rather than the stryker. I had an encounter with a MT-LB w 14.5mm while in a MT-LB with a 30 mm, so same vehicle but we had the bigger gun. Front vs front at about 100m and we shot first and we still lost despite landing pretty much all our rounds on the target.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Pluto is a planet said:

The issue is with the 30 mm rather than the stryker. I had an encounter with a MT-LB w 14.5mm while in a MT-LB with a 30 mm, so same vehicle but we had the bigger gun. Front vs front at about 100m and we shot first and we still lost despite landing pretty much all our rounds on the target.

In now days it dose not matter who fires first and hits the target its more about where you hit it.

With a MRAP i killed a BTR-80a and with a BTR-80a i killed the Bradly once. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×