Noobgamer

RU is still relatively underpowered.

I know this had been discussed before, but the general consensus from Chinese veteran players is that currently RU faction is much inferior to the US and UK faction in both infantry weapons and armored vehicles. For instance, not only does the US faction get more powerful scopes with better reticle patterns, but it also has stronger vehicles. 

Suggestions:

The in-game 1P78 actually does not correctly reflect the effectiveness of the IRL 1P78, the latter of which benefits from slimmer and better separated chevrons, this urgently requires correction.

http://zenphotos.net/file/Online/SVD/Optics/1P78-ReticuleDay01.JPG

Also, the performance of optic machinegunns in Squad depend heavily on their scopes, and the lower magnification level of 1P78 greatly jeopardizes that of RU machinegunners. So, I would recommend equipping them with better ones.

http://zenphotos.net/zenphotos/file/Online/SVD/Optics/PSU_1-4_Reticule4xM855.JPG

http://zenphotos.net/zenphotos/file/Online/SVD/optics/PO4x17Reticule10.jpg

Vehicle balance could be tricky, so a simple way to do it is to increase the ratio of 82A so that the RU faction can at least have a better chance against Strikers or Hunters.

I have to agree that the chevrons are too thick, but bot just for the scopes — the Russian aimpoint is also too big.

As for vehicle balance, I think that the 30mm needs to be buffed because irl it would shred strykers, mraps, and trucks. Increasing the number of btr 82as would just result in more of them being lost in pub games so I think increasing the effectiveness of the autocannon is a more practical solution. It would help balance and be more realistic.

Also, we will get the BMP eventually, which will help.

This whole process has become like the "Whack-A-Mole" game at the carnival. Constantly nerfing and buffing vehicles and weapons won't actually make sense until everything is actually in the finished game in the vertical slice.

I agree the 30mm canon should do way more damage.

Its ridiculous that it is loosing against HUMVEE in 1on1.

2 hours ago, Rak said:

I agree the 30mm canon should do way more damage.

Its ridiculous that it is loosing against HUMVEE in 1on1.

The stryker can also absorb a crazy amount of rpgs and 30mm rounds.

Marksman also seems to have a different meaning depending on faction. The US and Brits gets a sniper rifle while the Russians get the marksman rifle. Yes there are fundamental differences in sniper doctrine between the countries but there are real snipers in Russia too and US also have designated marksmen. My suggestion is to split those to like the LAT/HAT and have a marksman class and a sniper class where a team only get one sniper.

1 hour ago, Pluto is a planet said:

Marksman also seems to have a different meaning depending on faction. The US and Brits gets a sniper rifle while the Russians get the marksman rifle. Yes there are fundamental differences in sniper doctrine between the countries but there are real snipers in Russia too and US also have designated marksmen. My suggestion is to split those to like the LAT/HAT and have a marksman class and a sniper class where a team only get one sniper.

"Sniper" is an aforementioned role that has been chiseled in stone as having zero to the power of infinity of ever being in the game.

On 1/4/2019 at 5:23 AM, fatalsushi said:

I have to agree that the chevrons are too thick, but bot just for the scopes — the Russian aimpoint is also too big.

As for vehicle balance, I think that the 30mm needs to be buffed because irl it would shred strykers, mraps, and trucks. Increasing the number of btr 82as would just result in more of them being lost in pub games so I think increasing the effectiveness of the autocannon is a more practical solution. It would help balance and be more realistic.

Also, we will get the BMP eventually, which will help.

I agree, 30mm is underperforming, but I think buffing it should wait until the US has Javelins or some other antitank capability (maybe the M1134 Stryker with TOWs), because unfortunately the US Army doesn't really have any wheeled autocannon platforms and the .50cal Strykers would get totally BTFO on layers where the US doesn't get Bradleys. (of course, the US gets Bradleys when RU doesn't get BMPs, so maybe US teams ought to suck it up...)

Imo it all comes down to how people play in the end, you've got the tools you're given, use them well. Russia right now is my favourite faction in the game tbh, simply because even tho the vehicles are a bit too weak for what they should be, they are still very good when used properly, even the shitbox has had a lot of victories over strykers and sometimes even bradleys in my experiences.

On 2019-01-06 at 3:18 PM, Zylfrax791 said:

"Sniper" is an aforementioned role that has been chiseled in stone as having zero to the power of infinity of ever being in the game.

The problem is that some factions do have a sniper rifle... The M110 is not a marksman's rifle its a pure sniper rifle, a better option would have been the M14 with a 4-6x scope. On a map like Kohat its just ridiculous with the 10x since you can see so far that enemies are clearly visible because the object they are hiding behind isnt rendered... 

im perfectly fine with just a marksman class though and imo the 10x is overkill even if its really nice. With a 4x you can use the gun at close range as well and most fights are  at < 200m where the 4x is more than enough.

On 04.01.2019 at 7:09 AM, Noobgamer said:

I know this had been discussed before, but the general consensus from Chinese veteran players is that currently RU faction is much inferior to the US and UK faction in both infantry weapons and armored vehicles. For instance, not only does the US faction get more powerful scopes with better reticle patterns, but it also has stronger vehicles. 

Really glad someone recognized the problem aswell. 

Completely agree on 1P78's behalf having too thick and bulked-together marks, which make accurate fire hard for no reason. Also, there was a scope on some kind of MG kit (US or UK) where optics' marks are so thin they are barely visible. Same problem is with PGO scope on RPGs - mesh is too thin, on cloudy maps or dark areas it is almost impossible to aim according to it.

Regarding vehicle balance, we had other thread where to every rational argument from those who vote for the balance, opposition's response was 'git gud' only. For me it is preety obvious, that RU armor is underperforming against opponents right now. 

RU side needs proper IFV vehicle, buff of 30mil BTR's armor and canon. What I really can't talk about is the difference in optic magnification between sides, since I've done close to zero reaserch on this subject. But I doubt that russian marksman's PSO has the same magnification as the same kits on m110.

HATs are also fairly unbalanced  between the factions imo. US and BAF both use the AT4 which has a very flat trajectory, has a long range(400-500m), is fast and is very accurate. None of the previously mentioned points apply to the RPG7 HAT kit making it a pain to use.

Unless they consider the 2(?) OG frag rounds you get with it a compensation.

The HAT is also an issue. The RPG-7 tandem used to have the advantage of being much more powerful than the other HAT:s, but now its by far the worst HAT, the ballistic is like a mortar and its hard to hit anything beyond 100m. The RPG-29 and AT-4 is vastly superior. Russians need a new HAT, for ex RPG-30, that can engage a stationary target at 3-400 meters.

On 1/6/2019 at 12:21 PM, Pluto is a planet said:

My suggestion is to split those to like the LAT/HAT and have a marksman class and a sniper class where a team only get one sniper.

agree.

21 hours ago, Pluto is a planet said:

The problem is that some factions do have a sniper rifle... The M110 is not a marksman's rifle its a pure sniper rifle, a better option would have been the M14 with a 4-6x scope. On a map like Kohat its just ridiculous with the 10x since you can see so far that enemies are clearly visible because the object they are hiding behind isnt rendered... 

The M110 SASS is a weapon used by both Snipers & Designated Marksman within the U.S Military. Marksman rifles and Snipers are one in the same, they're precision rifles - The only thing that differentiates them is the role using them, as Snipers and SDM/DM's have different operational environments and utilize the weapons differently.

DMR's(Marksman rifles) are Semi-Automatic precision rifles(Sniper rifles)

Squad is using authentic loadouts, it's unfortunate the RU military equips the SVD with the PSO-1M2 4x24mm, as it's pretty much limited to that(Aside from the 1-4x32mm PSU). Maybe OWI in the future will change this for balance reasons, maybe even implement the new weapon the RU Military is adopting(SVCh) with the 12x50mm PMII optic.

I recommend removing all infantry optics from the game.  Worst case scenario: players start complaining about AK weapons having superior iron sights.

A lot of people prefer iron sights over optics anyways, i personally don't agree with their views, but it works for them.

Russia is not underpowered, it's my favourite faction in the game right now, and has a lot of ways to just completely roll over any other faction. In the end what decides the match is how you use what you have, not what you have on it's own.

22 hours ago, Guan_Yu007 said:

A lot of people prefer iron sights over optics anyways, i personally don't agree with their views, but it works for them.

Russia is not underpowered, it's my favourite faction in the game right now, and has a lot of ways to just completely roll over any other faction. In the end what decides the match is how you use what you have, not what you have on it's own.

Why does everyone hate optics?

No clue tbh, i prefer optics, tho i understand that in CQC it can be a pain (we need dem secondary sights like in PR tbh).

I have never been in games where better or worse teamwork + strategy were not 80%+ reason why teams won or lost. 

In games like squad where the players' ability matter far more than the tools, I don't think we should basically mirror faction. Some factions just have better shits in certain areas. I mean Russians have great green camo that helps them simply disappear when stationary in woodland maps whilst American and British camo seem relatively conspicuous even in maps that the camos seemed to be meant for. 

8 hours ago, pigsoup said:

I have never been in games where better or worse teamwork + strategy were not 80%+ reason why teams won or lost. 

In games like squad where the players' ability matter far more than the tools, I don't think we should basically mirror faction. Some factions just have better shits in certain areas. I mean Russians have great green camo that helps them simply disappear when stationary in woodland maps whilst American and British camo seem relatively conspicuous even in maps that the camos seemed to be meant for. 

And the other way around when it comes to the sand maps.

For the Ru thy if nothing have a sh.. load of diffirent type of tracked vehicles and vehicles all in all.

11 hours ago, Bahrein said:

And the other way around when it comes to the sand maps.

For the Ru thy if nothing have a sh.. load of diffirent type of tracked vehicles and vehicles all in all.

Russian's tan sand camo is much more effective than Brit and US's olive tan uniforms which do not have any maps where they blend in as good as Russians in woods or sand.

9 hours ago, pigsoup said:

Russian's tan sand camo is much more effective than Brit and US's olive tan uniforms which do not have any maps where they blend in as good as Russians in woods or sand.

Oooo yeah sorry my bad i forgot when it comes to the sand type of maps russian and us uniforms are hard to make differences and playes tend to team kill more ;-)