thy (bra)

Before DIGGING UP their own FOB, SL should approve

Posted (edited)

Hi there! 

Issue:
Some players accidental or purposefully DIGGING UP their own FOB, which impacts deeply on the psychological side of the team since in the logs of Squad console doesn't show us who was the player has removed the FOB or any other structure.

Suggested Polished Solution:
How about adding the SAME existing Permit Request system for the-use-of-vehicles, but also for digging FOB up? Plus, and just as in cases of TK and vehicles-abandoned today, add to the upper-left-HUD the same tiny text already exists, indicating that "FOB FobPosition" is being dropped by "PlayerName".

• NO Commander rule in-game: approval or denial is at the discretion of the SL of the player making the request;
  • WITH Commander rule in-game: approval or denial is at the discretion of the Commander of the player's team;

Suggested Palliative Solution:
Just as in cases of TK and vehicles-abandoned today, add to the upper-left-HUD the same tiny text already exists, indicating that "FOB FobPosition" is being dropped by "PlayerName".

Thanks guys and congrats for this amazing game we all have on Squad.

thy
D30, the biggest Brazilian Squad Community

Site: https://d30.com.br
Server: https://squad-servers.com/server/7579

Edited by thy (bra)

Think it was suggested a while ago. but agree... never understand the need to request to use a simple vehicle (which is necessary) yet an important fob anyone can just dig it up...

Great idea. Just encountered a griefer who dug up my FOB, TWICE! (and TK'd me) but nobody was around to deal with the guy.

I think this has merit, but foresee issues with squad leaders being idiots,  precious about only their own plans etc. There's no guarantee SLs are actually decent in the team sense, even if they ostensibly play the game 'right'. Plenty of SLs are one or two man squad guys now,  playing alone or with a mate in a locked squad with no interest in the wider team. Others simply don't bother to talk, or clearly pursue strategies that are suicidal or pointless. I know that's subjective but I think we all know the kind of players I'm referring to here.  I don't think it means it's a bad idea at all, and in the end, there'll always be some dependence on other players not to be idiots, alas... but worth considering when thinking about how to implement.