shawn.BK

Graphics questions

So, I am running a I7-8700 with a 1080 graphics card and I still have such a hard time seeing people in the game. Like yesterday I was running with my squad and 4 of them say there is a guy on that hill over there, I was looking right at the same hill and didn't see him. I think I am doing something wrong here with my setup. Is it possible my monitor set right? What resolution does everyone else use and what kind of monitor (aka high end 4k or just reg monitor with 60 frame rate). I just feel like the enemy can see me like they have no graphics on for the grass or something. Laying in a poppy field 4 almost 5 minutes, never moved one tiny bit and wack a sniper hits me with one shot and I am dead. Now how the hell did that guy see me from over 500 out laying in a poppy field? I love this game and the community is awesome but I feel like allot of people are setting their graphics in a way that gives them such an advantage. Is that what is happening? I will admit I may just suck and should stop playing but first I would really like some positive advice. As of today I have played 226 hours so I feel like I should be able to find people a bit easier andnot get shot from 500 out laying down and not moving surrounded by foliage. 

Posted (edited)

Always use your monitor native resolution or else it will get blurry, try to up your vibrance to 65% on Nvidia Control Panel, turn off motion blur and bloom in game, and get your gamma up to 2.40 in game(depends if are using ambient occlusion), ooh and turn on eye adaptation in game, hope this helps you. Btw are you using Anti-Aliasing? If you are try T-FXAA but up the Screen Sharpening to 0.95, i know kinda stupid and contradictory, but i prefer jaggy edge than all blurry.

Edited by Lio

I can post my settings later if you want, right now im on shitty laptop(not my main PC)

Posted (edited)

First of all this are my PC Specs so you can compare to yours:

- CPU: Intel Core i7 8700K (OC'ed: 4.8GHz)
- GPU: Asus GeForce GTX 1080Ti ROG STRIX GAMING OC
- RAM: G.Skill 3200MHz RIPJAWS V 32GB (4X8GB) DDR4
- SSD: M.2 Samsung 960 Pro 512GB NVMe(Running Windows 10) / Samsung 840 Evo 250GB(Running Squad)

- Monitor: AOC AGON AG241QX (1440p Resolution-144Hz)

My Squad Settings:

80c11c8603bec1d558689b0405580941.jpg

My Nvidia Control Panel Settings:

3b4170a409deeed0babd48ffeb3b3af1.png

0ed4e89614fa4657fb20248f44554f33.png

ef368c8e812bff6043d2bfe23b56d3cf.png

https://i.gyazo.com/58da8170b095f40b067e88130832ce3a.mp4 (Gif)

I must tell you this settings are not "Hardcore" Visibility Settings, if you want the competitive settings ask some clan for the official settings for Tournaments and they should help you out, this are a mix between good visibility and good looking game, if you are struggling with low FPS with my settings turn off Super Sampling and Distance Shadows and you should be set to go!

Edited by Lio

Thanks a ton, when I get home to my computer I am going to try these out. I don't seem to have any fps issues, that 1080 and 32 gigs of ram really scream. 

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, shawn.BK said:

Thanks a ton, when I get home to my computer I am going to try these out. I don't seem to have any fps issues, that 1080 and 32 gigs of ram really scream. 

Squad made me buy this PC x) It's getting a bit expensive Squad for me to be honest ahaha

Edited by Lio

Probably your friends had minimum graphics.

It is a shame, but they see more when they have less graphics settings.