danielritual

We need more maps!

11 minutes ago, Irish(Tx) said:

No more of the boring, flat, NO COVER maps. We need maps with micro-terrain. Not maps for tanks. 

Every time a tank map comes up in the rotation, I switch servers. Friggin hate the new maps for tanks.

Nothin to hide behind but a sand dune. Are you kiddin me?  And people want to add IR to that?

Kamdesh has plenty of micro-terrain and cover. Do you like that map?

On 1/3/2019 at 5:53 PM, Zylfrax791 said:

Kamdesh has plenty of micro-terrain and cover. Do you like that map?

Kamdesh is a step in the right direction. But they need to do more pass-throughs on all their maps to add more cover and concealment. 

Trenches, craters, blown-out vehicles and such. I know they've added a little of this to a couple of the maps and hopefully will continue to add more. 

I'm just saying, I think THAT is what this game needs MORE of. Not flat, open terrain, fun-killing Tank-maps like Tahlil.  

I'm not at all sure why this is an either / or situation. It is entirely possible to have a map in which both play key roles and in which both can operate, even if this means they have some areas in which the others can't really go without danger. That's as-is anyway.

There has been discussions as to reduxing kamdesh (yes including the roads) there's multiple things id like to adjust with that map.

We also have afew new maps in the process which will either be released soon or shown in future recaps.

And the possibility of making some modded maps official.

When we create a new map we look at what is it, what purpose does it have and even why are we fighting here.. 

We need to cater for choppers / tanks / inf with most if not all our future maps, we cant focus on just making a map centered purely around just one of those... it can favor one tho.

Thanks for looking in on this. You'll know I know you from previous! Hope you can understand the appetite for new maps; this is good news that there are more coming along as I'd expected.

I mean, Talil has massive amounts of cover for infantry around most objectives imo. Yeho does aswell, aswell as Belaya.

Kamdesh has a nice feel to it. I'd leave the road system alone. What it really needs is the trees to be redistributed in a more randomized fashion with more concentrated clusters and then also open clearings that would allow for sight lines across the map for armor and tows. Also I feel like the central village area should be dramatically increased in size with some newer buildings added as thats where the battle always seems to be. Both Belaya and Kamdesh were described as being "isotropic" by another member and these changes could solve that maybe.