Sign in to follow this  
LaughingJack

SDK: AAS not working (FIXED - new method v12+)

FIXED, we think. See later posts below for direction using the new method.

Hi all,

So after updating to V12 my test-map AAS setup does not work anymore.

I can't find the SQAASCaptureZone component anywhere - am i missing it? or has it been replaced, along with the old AAS stuff (coz RAAS?)?

with the new updated EPIC launcher there is now no "verify" option either.

thanks in advance :)

Edited by LaughingJack
finally got somewhere - modfied title and op

Have you tried opening another map and checking it it out? I know my gamemodes stopped working until I rebuilt them.

i will try that, thanks mate :)

tho the last time something like this happened i just "verified" the SDK a few times and fixed it but alas that button is now gone.

i was actually surprised how little of mine got broken this update.

@Gatzby: ahoy there mate, i'm still having issues with this, dunno what to do:

So i tried to load Kohat, to see if AAS is broken for me in there as well, and this happened >

As you can see i gave up even trying to load it to find out.

i have replaced all the SQCaptureZones's and the SQAASLattice - still cannot find the SQAASCaptureZone(Component) to add to the Main bases.

AAS is still not working for me and i don't know why.

Given the other issues i appear to be having (in the other thread above), could someone please advise me weather i should reinstall the SDK from scratch, or if there is actually a way to Verify the install (given this is not an option in the launcher any more).

cheers!

12 hours ago, LaughingJack said:

@Gatzby: ahoy there mate, i'm still having issues with this, dunno what to do:

So i tried to load Kohat, to see if AAS is broken for me in there as well, and this happened >

As you can see i gave up even trying to load it to find out.

i have replaced all the SQCaptureZones's and the SQAASLattice - still cannot find the SQAASCaptureZone(Component) to add to the Main bases.

AAS is still not working for me and i don't know why.

Given the other issues i appear to be having (in the other thread above), could someone please advise me weather i should reinstall the SDK from scratch, or if there is actually a way to Verify the install (given this is not an option in the launcher any more).

cheers!

The "verify" button will only show up if you delete something maybe?

As far as the lattice goes do you have everything in one map?

SDK v12 is, generally speaking, out of date. There should be an update coming soon to bring it up to 12.2. Zak was able to make some fixes before the holiday, but wasn't able to get them deployed. They'll have to go through Epic's verification process once they're submitted.

If you think you're hitting something different/new, I'd encourage you to drop a report in #sdk-bug-reports on the Modding Hub discord.

On 10/01/2019 at 9:41 AM, Zylfrax791 said:

The "verify" button will only show up if you delete something maybe?

As far as the lattice goes do you have everything in one map?

1. not sure - interesting though.

2. yep. previously working map and AAS setup

On 11/01/2019 at 2:31 AM, Gatzby said:

SDK v12 is, generally speaking, out of date. There should be an update coming soon to bring it up to 12.2. Zak was able to make some fixes before the holiday, but wasn't able to get them deployed. They'll have to go through Epic's verification process once they're submitted.

If you think you're hitting something different/new, I'd encourage you to drop a report in #sdk-bug-reports on the Modding Hub discord.

thanks mate, much appreciated. and i will drop that report as well.

cheers!

Posted (edited)

well v12 update didn't fix it for me - here's the weird bit tho; i had the (AAS)objects in the map and visible but the outliner showed no path for them at all, and searching contents found nothing either - they appeared to exist only in the map.

so, v14. all the bits appear to be back ... No, actually > , however the BP_CaptureZone has no perimeter; the "Main" one does. am i missing something again?  < trigger must be added manually (such clunky)

just realised; the AASGraph, i can't see where to add the elements for the zones (like in the old(?) Lattice)  < its in the Initialiser

Edited by LaughingJack

Posted (edited)

re: the post above - i assumed the BP's were the new AAS bits as the C++ "SQCaptureZone" etc. still cannot be found in my content dir. < due to lack of feedback from my questions, and being told it was broken and would be fixed (no mention of replacing it wholesale) i was under the impression that the old stuff still existed

so i'm now assuming i am missing something < nope i not ...  - tho Verifying my install did nothing to make them reappear ("verify" is now back in the launcher).

Edited by LaughingJack

It's now done a different way, tho I can't get it to work 100%, I can get flags and but it doesn't seem to have any links shown in the map, even tho they are linked in what ever sub entity you add nodes and select the new capture bp.  I opened Chora and learned from that and same with TC but again I can't get it work properly - looks right in editor view but with PIE a large chunk of the hexs are no team or wrong team, but in edit they are set correctly IDFK.  I've already asked for more info on the new .mi file and it's details, so waiting on that - and we'll see if they make some guides/tuts - I might try and do something like opening, re-saving maps with the same gametype and flags, delete the Sub map and then add my own - do some name changes on map title and cap points, might be the only way, but might not work, could be the sdk was never really tested, IDK, getting info from them is "like pulling teeth"

Also handy info that's not anywhere on here, Folder called intermediate, in Squad\Squad delete that otherwise your mod won't compile.  

thanks for the heads-up Elite ;)

On 7/5/2019 at 8:13 AM, EliteLurker said:

I might try and do something like opening, re-saving maps with the same gametype and flags, delete the Sub map and then add my own - do some name changes on map title and cap points,

i have also considered doing that - lotta work tho ...

So, the naming is very important, should be name "00-US_main" and the next cap 01-CapName, 02-CapName etc, then 06-CapName, 07-RU_Main, also when linking the AAS - you need to go from US main to first flag then the next etc then Ru main, you can't go from RU main to cap then cap then to US main - it will fail to link them, I'll try to make a tut soon  - tho idk know how recreate it 100% - I still have to copy the trigger/volume box from another map.

I'll be making/re-making a few tuts, as well as posting a few that have showed up from other people who haven't posted them on here yet.

So I've posted a tut on TC layers a few days ago and am awaiting it to be approved, tried to post another tut and I get 500 server errors so assume the first post needs to approved first  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

OWI seem to want to make things as difficult as possible. 

Started a mapping tut, but I'll wait on a v15 SDK as enough things have changed that I don't want to make it  broken tut from day one also I already need to re-record what I already did as the mic was picking up a horrendous amount of popping etc. I would get a better mic but I'm broke AF.

gunna call out @Gatzby on this again, sorry mate but i/we are not having any luck with this. still.

i'm confident i have no need to reinstall the SDK.

so i went back to the BP's (i mentioned above) and have now found where the lattice setup is hidden (inside the Initialiser) to link caps - so that's something, i guess,

however,

in Skorpo: i still cannot fathom how the non-main caps have trigger spheres attached (in the map) but they dont have them in the Contents. do they have to be added? seems really clunky to me considering the old system worked so well.

i know AAS seems to be out of favour due to TC being the popular kid atm but it would be really nice if we could get some direction here, please, considering the instructions here-in (forum) are now woefully out of date.

cheers

Posted (edited)

Sorry, still have done the tut, been very unmotivated since OWI haven't done anything meaningful for modding.
You need to attach the trigger to the AAS cap thingo, like parenting it but not in the outliner, or was it? might have been in the details panel, parent it to blueprint.  I can't find the same trigger box/share, so I copy them from an existing map and parent it.  take note of previous post about AAS - naming convention etc.

Note how OWI did make a tut on TC, yet didn't for AAS, and yet we already have a TC tut, which also doesn't leave out much needed details like the OWI one.
Idk, intentional or unintentional? Incompetentice or trolling? Typical OWI, guess it doesn't matter when the end result is the same.

Edit; warmaster has made one... it's... the BP_CaptureZone is not how you do it but if works it works;
 the only catch with doing it that way is you can't have custom capture shapes, Squad uses Spheres, boxes and capsule, you can use like 3 boxes etc. this way it's stuck as just 1 sphere.  Still way way better then nothing.

Edited by EliteLurker

lols. just about to post the same one, Elite.

one sphere was all i was looking for ;)  - maybe they left it out to allow peeps to choose the shape per-zone?

i still think the trigger volume should be attached to the AASCaptureZone component, tho - must be a reason why not, i guess.

anyhoo. now we can AAS again. w00t!

Yep, if it works it works, and as I think I've said - maybe I didn't I type out replys and don't bother to post them kinda often, the box trigger, I can't find out where or which one OWI uses, I had to open up the SDK to get some screen caps, so maybe later today I'll make something.
Also - it might be really important to follow typical OWI teaming preferences, IE USA is always the first team, second team is whatever unless there is no USA then RU is team one, etc etc, I wouldn't know where to find that info but basically it's as the teams were introduced to the game., the first introduced team is always team one and it might not work if they are the wrong way around, hence US main is always 00 unless as above, could be wrong but the AAS seams really finicky. 

from what i can tell (also assume) so far:

>  "Team 1" should always be first in the AAS order, regardless of which faction you set it to (which TeamInfo is set per team in the World settings); any faction can be Team1. i have two multifaction teams that just happen to have the 'western' forces as team1(TeamInfo_JO) and the 'rebels' as team2(TeamInfo_REB).

>  the 00-(Team1_Main), 01-, 02- .... 100-(Team2_Main)  naming thing must be adhered to, regardless of how you choose to assign Teams to the map. having said that there is no logical reason to change from the norm OWI has set (00-goodies, 01-, 02- ... 100-baddies) - continuity, if nothing else.

is there a box trigger in the list WarMaster got the sphere from?

Posted (edited)

IN OWI maps you'll see they use box trigger, sphere and capsule, good example is chora... I forget which AAS one, of the BIG ones tho that uses the whole map.  I just copy out the box trigger from that map as I can

t find the same one, idk if it's trigger/volume or what - but here's as tlaking about and bang our heads aginst the wall when someone at OWI knows all of this but is to lazy to make a post.

but yeah they need to be 00- 01- 02- which is annoying as I use to have map with all the capture zones, link them and then delete ones I didn't use, know I have to rename them all... also no PAAS which I really liked.

Edit the other main can be 07- for example, dosen't have to be 100- but might as well, saves renaming it if you want to Squeeze in another Cap point.

Edited by EliteLurker
more info

Posted (edited)

rgr tht.

after getting it working again for me i realised that the Lattice is the same as the old one (list-type). so this got me wondering if the "01-" naming is in fact required, as you still have to manually enter each cap to the lattice anyway (it's not relying on your numbering to get the order right - maybe it req'd for RAAS though) ... ? gunna try it, see what happens but i suspect it will work - oc how my thoughts play out for RAAS, or break it, is another thing entirely, lols. not overly interested in RAAS atm but i do think it's a great addition to AAS in general.

Elite > " I can get flags and but it doesn't seem to have any links shown in the map " - because this? > Another thing i missed in WM's vid was the caps had to be stacked (attached to) inside/beneath the Graph (lattice) or nothing works.

PAAS: i hope it's not gone forever. i thought that was just a case of stacking extra caps within the same lattice segment? tho i've never tried it, so ...

Edited by LaughingJack

On 8/29/2019 at 8:51 AM, LaughingJack said:

PAAS: i hope it's not gone forever. i thought that was just a case of stacking extra caps within the same lattice segment? tho i've never tried it, so ...

It's how they link and the logic used in the AAS initializer, idk how to do RAAS.
When I used names with out numbers it did not work.

2 hours ago, EliteLurker said:

ahh, ok. rgr tht.

i'm also trying to work out how/what the Nearby Enemies Radius is using for a trigger. it appears not to be using the Zone trigger (Zone Radius), added by WarMaster - tho i might just use my own logic on the Zone Radius instead.

On 8/31/2019 at 8:01 AM, EliteLurker said:

i checked this today and it works for me.

ie: have 00-main, 01-alpha, etc., then removed the "01-" from Alpha and it still works, design links update fine as well.

going by this i believe the numbering is for convenience only.