Sign in to follow this  
Thegreenzzz

What makes a good SL

Someone who can communicate well, state an easy to understand mission, have a positive mindset, and guide his team members to work together.

What's most important is someone who wants to have fun.

After that is someone who understands what leadership of a handful of guys means. Most of the time if I'm not leading the squad the guy either tries to micromanage too much and has his plate too full or someone who doesn't really want to lead at all.

You tell your guys your goal, the general idea of what you're all going to do and let them figure out the best steps as they're working toward that goal.

This may even surpass wanting to have fun, good Lord please talk to other squad leads.

Edited by Rybec

A good SL in my opinion is a player who encourages sharing information and teamwork between squads, asks how they are doing on their job, and changes his plans the second it's needed (Attacking squad instantly falling back to the defence cap when asked for help).

Being clear in what he wants from his squad members, but friendly and open to suggestions, and always keeping them up to date with how the fight goes overall, so they understand why certain changes in the plans are made.

And overall, have fun in squad leading, and trying to make sure the squad members are having fun.

It's difficult and exhausting, sometimes impossible to do all this at once, but it pays off and when i manage it, i feel really satisfied.

I kinda see the squadleading job as a Dark Souls boss, it can be frustrating, but when you did it, you feel happy about yourself and keep playing for more.

Putting the team first. If something isn't being done and you can't get someone else to do it, you do it yourself.

One who communicates.

Nothing I hate more in Squad than when I'm an SL and I'm trying to figure out what the other Squads are doing but they won't tell me.

"Hey guys we just captured the objective, who is going to hold and who is pushing?"

*crickets*

Edited by Fosty