Sign in to follow this  
Thegreenzzz

Realism

Why does it matter so much what tank a made up faction uses? We’re fighting a made up war, also it’s a video game.  

If im remembering right the devs want a fun game not a realistic one. please clarify

2 minutes ago, Thegreenzzz said:

Why does it matter so much what tank a made up faction uses? We’re fighting a made up war, also it’s a video game.  

If im remembering right the devs want a fun game not a realistic one. please clarify

Which faction is made up? Every faction in Squad has a real life counter part like the Militia faction from eastern European/Chechen militia/Slav. Insurgents are Iraqi or Afghani depending on map/terrain that identifies the country. Do you want insurgents to have a M1 Abrams? Its already realistic and one Dev cant speak for all the devs especially when saying "want a fun game, not a realistic one", that's more of a marketing technique to get people worrying about certain aspects of realism. I'm also positive they meant they didn't want it like ARMA paced realism among a few other aspects. If for the tanks your complaint is militia/insurgents not having them then learn guerilla warfare tactics, you can learn from Squad v12 and Project Reality 1.5 teamwork playlist over time. I'm sure they will give the insurgents/militia tanks on appropriate maps. In Iraq the Republican Guard tanks didn't last that long, Taliban haven't been able to use tanks since 2001. Got to wait for Syrian Rebel maps, more urban/outskirts of city map.

There’s currently a debate about wether the insurgents should get a tank, and if so which one

1 hour ago, Grump/Gump.45 said:

Which faction is made up? Every faction in Squad has a real life counter part like the Militia faction from eastern European/Chechen militia/Slav. Insurgents are Iraqi or Afghani depending on map/terrain that identifies the country. Do you want insurgents to have a M1 Abrams? Its already realistic and one Dev cant speak for all the devs especially when saying "want a fun game, not a realistic one", that's more of a marketing technique to get people worrying about certain aspects of realism. I'm also positive they meant they didn't want it like ARMA paced realism among a few other aspects. If for the tanks your complaint is militia/insurgents not having them then learn guerilla warfare tactics, you can learn from Squad v12 and Project Reality 1.5 teamwork playlist over time. I'm sure they will give the insurgents/militia tanks on appropriate maps. In Iraq the Republican Guard tanks didn't last that long, Taliban haven't been able to use tanks since 2001. Got to wait for Syrian Rebel maps, more urban/outskirts of city map.

I see how what I said we kinda dumb but I’m not sure how to rephrase

I mean, it's been pretty much confirmed that the militia will get a tank, where else would that T-62/64 model be used for?

And they seem to have teased a T-55 model i think, insurgents ye?

Squad isn't aiming to be the next big simulation game, correct - It's aim is to fit in-between Arma & Battlefield, in terms of game design - To create an experience with both realistic/authentic & arcade elements. Something that will provide realism in some aspects(In some cases, with artistic freedom), but also maintain an easy to jump into game, that isn't overly complicated with design, controls and you don't have to invest too much time into, to fit a gaming session in your day.

OWI will choose gameplay over realism if it hinders gameplay in a negative manner, or doesn't suit what their overall aim/vision is.

The Insurgent and Militia factions are made up, in a sense of their name & actual origin - It's done this way to avoid a negative spotlight that can occur from media across the world, and could possibly affect where they could sell their products. Instead OWI have gone for naming these faction to generic names, but still maintaining authenticity by using real world examples of Militia and Insurgent groups and applying clothing and equipment to the game factions, inspired by these real world factions.

8 hours ago, Guan_Yu007 said:

I mean, it's been pretty much confirmed that the militia will get a tank, where else would that T-62/64 model be used for?

And they seem to have teased a T-55 model i think, insurgents ye?

I believe it's the T-62

T-62_Scan-2-700x394.thumb.jpg.b352209567e91b99d00be1136e94ee20.jpg
t62-700x317.thumb.jpg.5652f5f336479343272de4aa4476b0a3.jpg

@Dubs Ooh neat, i guess the T-62 makes sense, there are still quite a few around in the world being used actively. Tho the T-54 is also still in active service, it might have been a bit too underpowered compared to everything else.

3 hours ago, Dubs said:

Squad isn't aiming to be the next big simulation game, correct - It's aim is to fit in-between Arma & Battlefield, in terms of game design - To create an experience with both realistic/authentic & arcade elements. Something that will provide realism in some aspects(In some cases, with artistic freedom), but also maintain an easy to jump into game, that isn't overly complicated with design, controls and you don't have to invest too much time into, to fit a gaming session in your day.

OWI will choose gameplay over realism if it hinders gameplay in a negative manner, or doesn't suit what their overall aim/vision is.

The Insurgent and Militia factions are made up, in a sense of their name & actual origin - It's done this way to avoid a negative spotlight that can occur from media across the world, and could possibly affect where they could sell their products. Instead OWI have gone for naming these faction to generic names, but still maintaining authenticity by using real world examples of Militia and Insurgent groups and applying clothing and equipment to the game factions, inspired by these real world factions.

I believe it's the T-62

There is a little difference between the T-55 that i think thy are putting in game and the T-62.The only noticeable difference is not on the pic.And its the gun the t-55’ gun has something looking bigger in the middle of the gun while the T-62 has that thing on the end of the gun.

And the T62 will stand up to a modern day tank in what world? Oh, that's right. This game isn't about realism. 

Edited by Lipton (Easy)

55 minutes ago, Lipton (Easy) said:

And the T62 will stand up to a modern day tank in what world? Oh, that's right. This game isn't about realism. 

For balance i feel like there would simply be more of them compared to their more modern counterparts. The militia and insurgents have always been terribly outmatched with their vehicles, but their different playstyle ensures that they can still win.

C'mon... Let's get "real"... Insurgents should have had Molotovs, suicide belts and suicide trucks from the beginning if we were striving for even a shred of realism in the faction...

5 hours ago, Lipton (Easy) said:

This days its not all about just new tanks.And why not it could go against it its all about the shells the tank uses and any tank is dead when shot from behind and when i say dead i mean the engine is probobly dead or on fire maybe someone of the crew is dead or wounded.

In 1968, a 100 mm HVAPDS tank shell capable of piercing Western armor was developed. Use of this shell made the T-55 gun almost as effective as the T-62s, undercutting the T-62's original selling point: a bigger, more powerful gun

Imagine when thy put in the modules of the tank that you can kill with a T-55 i would shoot in the tracks of the Abrams and retreat.

It is possible but we need more stuff in game first. 

Edited by Bahrein

On ‎12‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 2:03 PM, Thegreenzzz said:

There’s currently a debate about wether the insurgents should get a tank, and if so which one

I see how what I said we kinda dumb but I’m not sure how to rephrase

Insurgents need more anti-tank assets like RKG grenades, more RPG kits but with only pistol and RPG/throwing stones on top of regular LAT kit. 3 more RPGs for insurgents. Also what would help is if they gave insurgents static trash to build like piles of wood or parts of bushes to camouflage SPG positions, like rubble to peek through.

On 20/12/2018 at 2:47 PM, Dubs said:

I believe it's the T-62

Glad to see devs are putting more effort in increasing the immersion, Do we have any plan for implement tank for the Brits too ? 

15 hours ago, zacki1i23 said:

Glad to see devs are putting more effort in increasing the immersion, Do we have any plan for implement tank for the Brits too ? 

The planned Tank for the U.K is the Challenger II, OWI managed to be able to get a 3D scan done of one at a tank museum a little while ago - When they plan to add it? Not too sure.
ChallengerII_Scan-1.thumb.jpg.4d427e4a432bd58eeadea08fc7aa5891.jpg

On 2018-12-19 at 6:38 PM, Thegreenzzz said:

Why would you say that? Predessecor was called Project Reality for a reason. Should be both fun and realistic, especially the weapon systems. Not so much the spawn system. ;-) 

13 hours ago, Dubs said:

The planned Tank for the U.K is the Challenger II, OWI managed to be able to get a 3D scan done of one at a tank museum a little while ago - When they plan to add it? Not too sure.
ChallengerII_Scan-1.thumb.jpg.4d427e4a432bd58eeadea08fc7aa5891.jpg

great, im hoping to hear some clanking noice of round ricochet of the armor and long ass reload time of rifled gun soon :)