newcomer9747

Comms seperation

I think it'd help if you can separate SL comms and squad comms to the left and right speakers. This will prevent disorientation for the SLs and actually encourage more SLs to SLs communcation. 80% of the time SLs don't communicate with each other because they get so overwhelmed as it's hard to tell who is speaking with overlapping audios, even with the speaker name tags.

Also it'd help if there's an option for a fireteam channel (not local chat as fireteam members may be more than 50m apart) as there're times when other fireteams and the SL does not need to listen in.

I feel with a less clustered comms it'd make the game more realistic and enjoyable.

JMO.

3 hours ago, newcomer9747 said:

I think it'd help if you can separate SL comms and squad comms to the left and right speakers. This will prevent disorientation for the SLs and actually encourage more SLs to SLs communcation. 80% of the time SLs don't communicate with each other because they get so overwhelmed as it's hard to tell who is speaking with overlapping audios, even with the speaker name tags.

+1

Oh wow it's been more than a year and still no implementation. I guess it's a low priority for the devs. But damn this game could have more quality play if SLs communicate with each other most the time...

I have a ringing occasionally in my right ear (to much linkin park) split comms just wouldn’t work for me, also squad chat should have a higher priority then command imo

different soundchannels for different voicechats would be really nice... blocking someone's voice would be nice too (or is that actually possible already?)

it's the same problem with switching sound devices... when you switch from boxes to headphones gamesound doesn't change... it sticks to the device selected before starting the game... they really need to put a developer / programmer on the soundsystem 

have a nice christmas and a happy new year!

If you listened to Linkin Park that's your own fault..! Joke, but you can't say a potential feature has no merit because it wouldn't benefit you personally. I do think this still needs work in some way,  even a screen for radio so you could close channels, prioritise etc. Who knows. Maybe a system where certain channels have an emergency priority setting, or a call and respond system so that it's not just everyone talking over each other in a certain mode. Complex but worth examining. 

The tools for proper coms between sqds is already there, the issue is players not using them correctly. As always, players are hardcoded.

Pressing 1 on keypad...Squad 1, this is 4

Wait for response....

Pressing 4 on keypad....Squad 4 this is 1, go ahead...

Its common sense, you dont conference call everyone in your contacts to talk to you girlfriend, you call the specific number. It really isnt that hard.

Edited by Jevski

9 hours ago, TheRed said:

If you listened to Linkin Park that's your own fault..! Joke, but you can't say a potential feature has no merit because it wouldn't benefit you personally. I do think this still needs work in some way,  even a screen for radio so you could close channels, prioritise etc. Who knows. Maybe a system where certain channels have an emergency priority setting, or a call and respond system so that it's not just everyone talking over each other in a certain mode. Complex but worth examining. 

Sorry I was being selfish, I was thinking that this system would need a good amount of customization to accommodate others

PS the ring is getting better!

Certainly agree that being able to customise in three ways can only be a positive. 

Jevski that's all well and good but unlikely to ever be used so rigidly in pub servers in a regular basis. No harm in exploring other ideas to improve still further. 

But right now the spamming of coms is a player problem, not a technical problem.

While I agree a fireteam channel would be great, the SL channel is where the problem is. Having SL channel seperated into left or right channel does not really change anything.

You must know this situation. You are at a party and cant hear what some girl is saying to you.  You try to cover your one ear and listen with the ear closet to her.

Just because you have SL channel in one channel, does not mean you will be able to understand it because you have noise in the other one, and you wont be able to separate the two from each other, unless you take one cup away from your ear.

Right now we have the tools to mute SL's who wont learn a bit of discipline, but hey if you rather want a bunch of 11-13 years to play with...hint...read the link

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/12/171206090611.htm

I would simply say that tech solutions that are utilised only by some is a plus.

The devs have the power to impact on the tech systems, far less on player choices. The player is the one variable that can't ever be totally conditioned, so while it's great to do what can be done, for effective mods, a positive community... The solutions that have the biggest impact will always be at game end. 

I believe there are ways solutions could be adopted to minimise these issues, I honestly do. May seem complicated, but the point is it would be optional and managed well,  effective.