Sign in to follow this  
Smee

Invasion mode, Unknown next flag

I'm a lover of Invasion mode, had some cracking rounds. But why should the defending team know the next target. I get the knowing the first flag for gameplay sake nevertheless the flag afterwards should be unknown or random. At present your set to have to play very linear which in its self is fun though I feel that the defenders shouldn't be aware, neither should the attackers untill maybe the flag goes neutral.  Keep the order secret for spoilers/Ghosts. 

This could throw something to shake up the preplayed layers so not to always the same. 

Once the flag is lost, the defending team needs to have an idea of where they need to be ahead of time. The offensive momentum would be too great if it weren't the case. They have their shit together enough to take flag 1, what is stopping them from keeping that going to flag 2? If anything it should be the attacking team that doesn't know what the next area is.

1 hour ago, Rybec said:

Once the flag is lost, the defending team needs to have an idea of where they need to be ahead of time. The offensive momentum would be too great if it weren't the case. They have their shit together enough to take flag 1, what is stopping them from keeping that going to flag 2? If anything it should be the attacking team that doesn't know what the next area is.

Agree +1

I like the idea but as with the other posts I think the attacking team should be the disadvantaged one.

It could work like insurgency gamemode. A new cache is known to the defenders for a long time before the attackers get an approximate location.

I am all for variety. 

Believe we still have some fog of war mechanics being contemplated for other modes (like raas), so it might be interesting to see that applied to Invasion. I'm sure it'll give the designers something to chew on. Thanks for your post!