Sign in to follow this  
StonedAF

this is weird

Why is there no russian equivalent to a bradley? the 30mil btrs at this point are just free kills, i suggest that the devs add a matching opponent in terms of armor & firepower for the russians.

Yeah the BMP-2 or BMP-3 really needs to be added to the game quick, it should've been in when the Bradley and Warrior were introduced.

We have some RU vehicles in the development pipeline :)

Keeping in mind Russian military doctrine is a bit different than US military doctrine when it comes to vehicle design.

For the time being, BTR crew should pair up with Infantry AT dismounts for devastating enemy Bradley's that are often over confident. Use the BTRs as a fast moving flanking tool rather than a light  tank. Don'tto take on a Bradley directly with a BTR or it will most likely not end well .

2 hours ago, fuzzhead said:

We have some RU vehicles in the development pipeline :)

Keeping in mind Russian military doctrine is a bit different than US military doctrine when it comes to vehicle design.

For the time being, BTR crew should pair up with Infantry AT dismounts for devastating enemy Bradley's that are often over confident. Use the BTRs as a fast moving flanking tool rather than a light  tank. Don'tto take on a Bradley directly with a BTR or it will most likely not end well .

whens the BMP with guided missiles coming?

i mean it is the MOST iconic russian / soviet vehicle!

Edited by Randall172

9 hours ago, Randall172 said:

whens the BMP with guided missiles coming?

i mean it is the MOST iconic russian / soviet vehicle!

Are you talking about the BMP-2?

Both the Bradley and the BMP2 are pretty old now but I don't know how extensively the Russian military still uses the -2. Wikipedia footnotes say a couple hundred will be refitted with things like the Kornet replacing the Konkurs and adding the AGS30, the Russian equivalent of the Mk19.

Knowing Russia that refitting is uncertain.

48 minutes ago, Rybec said:

Are you talking about the BMP-2?

Both the Bradley and the BMP2 are pretty old now but I don't know how extensively the Russian military still uses the -2. Wikipedia footnotes say a couple hundred will be refitted with things like the Kornet replacing the Konkurs and adding the AGS30, the Russian equivalent of the Mk19.

Knowing Russia that refitting is uncertain.

no i mean the bmp3, the one with the 100mm gun, with guided missiles, that have either HEAT or frag rounds.

20 hours ago, StonedAF said:

Why is there no russian equivalent to a bradley? the 30mil btrs at this point are just free kills, i suggest that the devs add a matching opponent in terms of armor & firepower for the russians.

Recent tweaks and fine tuning have balanced this matchup imho. Bradley gunner view can get cracked and the turret disabled plus it seems very easy to disable the engine from the back. The BTR-82 is way faster and more maneuverable so that's a factor in balance as well.

8 hours ago, Randall172 said:

no i mean the bmp3, the one with the 100mm gun, with guided missiles, that have either HEAT or frag rounds.

I absolutely forgot that the BMP3 used its gun for launching ATGMs.

I only said BMP2 because gameplay wise it'd be more close to the Bradley while still feeling different.

BMP3 has like a 100mm slow velocity cannon, a 30mm and multiple COaxial mounts for gunners on the side etc. etc. I don't think you can compare it to the Bradley.

I would say the BMP-2M is most similar to the Bradley, the BMP-3 is more like the old Sheridan IMO. Not sure if anyone agrees :)

Sheridan don't have 2 coax mgs in the hull, a 30mm autocannon or a seperate missile launch system through, additionally the Sheridan was a airdrop tank being made of alluminium to shed weight and make it drop capable for planes like the C5 Galaxy. Meanwhile the BMP has a derivative line called the BMD that is air drop capable and retains the firepower of the original BMP model as it uses basically the same turret. Through this way too much going in to details for just saying nah, not comparable in role or shape.