Gatzby

Alpha 12.2

carousel_image_12_2.jpg

Hey soldiers,

Another batch of fixes is hot and ready to go. Here's to Squadtastic weekend!

Patch Notes

• Fixed damage and effects bugs on the following projectiles: AT-4, Refleks, Kornet, TOW, M1A2 HEAT, T-72 Frag, Mortar HE & smoke
  • Fixed bipod movement getting stuck on upper/lower pitch limit
  • Fixed a bug in the role selection causing server performance issues
  • Fixed an exploit where you would have a model and weapons from the team you switched from
  • Fixed a bug preventing role selection on deployment screen after map change
  • Fixed a bug that would cause weapons on vehicles to be upside down
  • Fixed turret stabilization pitch not working for certain turret rotations
  • Fixed gearbox shifting into reverse at high forward speeds when braking
  • Fixed US IFV turret smoke launcher optic
  • Set flag names on the map to have higher contrast
  • Fixed capture point names on Kamdesh skirmish and Mestia
  • Removed large M4 and calibration cube on Sumari
  • Fixed several floating assets on Yehorivka
  • Updated Yehorivka minimap
  • Fixed issue with vehicle wheel fx shooting random dust forward while speeding

middle_separator.png

Offworld Out.

16 hours ago, Gatzby said:
  • Fixed a bug in the role selection causing server performance issues
  • Fixed an exploit where you would have a model and weapons from the team you switched from
  • Fixed a bug preventing role selection on deployment screen after map change

giphy.gif

When will this bug be fixed that I reported in V12.0?

20181207174954_1.jpg20181206215138_1.jpg20181205204621_1.jpg
You can see one of the enemy squads fire team markers. This allows the enemy to see where you intend to go. if you spotted the enemy and place en order on them to let your SL or fire team know their position, then if the enemy belong in the squad that your fire team orders are synced with they can see they been spotted. My theory is that the the code that prevents all squads on the same team from seeing each others FT orders is missing a condition to also check if its from the other faction team and that the markers you see is from your squads counter part in the other factions. basically if you are Squad 1 on US then you will see Squad 1 on RU FT orders. I base this theory on that many times the first squads created is tank squads and many times when i made a tank squad i noticed these extra FT orders popping up in relation to us. basically you are facing the opposite teams tank squad and they are marking you etc. Kinda ruins the benefit of being in the fire team and if it is to be used at the moment you have to be careful of how you use the markers not to give away the enemy too much intel. Many players don't know of this bug and therefor the players who do can exploit their lack of discretion and see if enemies are coming (with move orders) or if they are defending certain directions (with defend orders) or if you been spotted (with eye orders).

As you OWI have not yet fixed this bug since I reported it after V12.0 was released I feel the right thing to do is instead to inform the public to make less people carelessly use it and have their experience ruined due to that their opponents exploit the bug served right infront of their face when opening the map. And you cannot blaim any that really exploit it as this is blatantly force fed to you when you are playing as well as it would be impossible for admins on servers to enforce rules to prevent this bug from being exploited.

Edited by Squad Fox

Can we please get this stupid fire team markers bug fixed?  I'm so tired of seeing the enemies fire team markers on my map.  I'm tired of being worried that the enemy can see my fire team markers.  It has made me not utilize fire teams at all because it totally defeats the purpose of a fire team lead being able to mark the map if the enemy can see where my FT lead marked!

I'm not sure if I'm thankful it's limited to the FT markers, or if I wish it was ALL markers thereby forcing you to fix it.  All I know is PLEASE fix this!!!

We'll get it fixed. =) The UI/UX team are still cracking out updates. Thank you for your patience!

so this was update alpha 12 right? now you guys will go full time on optimizing the game for low-end and high-end pc right ^^ 

20 minutes ago, mulder said:

so this was update alpha 12 right? now you guys will go full time on optimizing the game for low-end and high-end pc right ^^ 

They will update their game to a newer version of the game engine, performance should be a part of that. But full focus on optimization probably wont happen untill the beta.

On 11-1-2019 at 3:20 PM, Guan_Yu007 said:

They will update their game to a newer version of the game engine, performance should be a part of that. But full focus on optimization probably wont happen untill the beta.

ah oke, a well ill wait longer ;p

On 1/11/2019 at 5:58 AM, mulder said:

now you guys will go full time on optimizing the game for low-end and high-end pc right ^^ 

Optimization is on-going, but full time would be untrue -- we're still developing stuff like choppers, components, getting to 100p servers, additional maps, etc. (The benefits of having a group of talented people!) It'll continue to be a higher priority as we finish up other things too.

57 minutes ago, Dundish said:

It has been very quiet, to quiet lately QWI.. Zup?

Christmas holidays.