ObamaBinBombing

Weapons Raised/Lowered Suggestion

I'm also very much hoping weapon lowering becomes a thing. It feels so awkward to be moving forward and always have the gun held out in front of me.

One day, we will find a reason to put it in, until then the soldiers are on guard.

One day, we will find a reason to put it in, until then the soldiers are on guard.

Darn, alright, thanks for the reply though

so like we were stacked up on a wall and i was uncomfortable when ramirez was pointing his rocket launcher at me

Not needed right this moment or what benefit this would be to actual game play!?

Could potentially affect stamina and movement. Easier to run when your gun is lowered, also spends less stamina when youre not holding your rifle up constantly.

Not needed right this moment or what benefit this would be to actual game play!?

Sorry to divert from the topic, but do you intentionally change it to comic-sans every time you type a message? I am actually really curious, because I don't think I have ever seen a post from you without it.

Maybe what M81ERDL just said, but this wouldn't benefit gameplay or anything, so it's not a big issue, I was just thinking it'd be a nice little feature

Definitely need to have this.  Would be cool to have more stamina for lowering weapon too.

Well, it could be made that having your weapon raised while walking for prolonged periods of time increases your weapon sway

(And an unmeasurable amount of immersion)

That's one of those eye candy things that comes way after gameplay. Let's maintain our focus on 100 player servers and other important features.

That's one of those eye candy things that comes way after gameplay. Let's maintain our focus on 100 player servers and other important features.

And attracting other serious MilSim/Tactical players by adding an "eye candy" so simple yet fundamental that some otherwise interested people will ignore the game entirely for a while because of the lack of it.

Obviously not needed I'm the short term it really does make a huge difference with immersion. PR did it very well.

You guys ever play Arma? This sort of thing is HUGE to people.

I for one would love to see this implemented. Sitting in a squad huddle briefing for assault with rifles lowered is a great feeling.

I think if the weapon is lowered, you would run at a faster pace, but when your weapon is up and ready, you'd walk at a slight slower pace. This gives reasons for people who are running far to lower their weapon to get there faster, but then once near combat they would want their gun up and not able to run fast.

So maybe keep the raised gun run speed where it is at now, but add in lowering the gun and increase the run speed just slightly.

Sorry to divert from the topic, but do you intentionally change it to comic-sans every time you type a message? I am actually really curious, because I don't think I have ever seen a post from you without it.

Edit: Aah font style,I always liked it!

What was so comic-sans from my post on this subject?..

Don't like it, don't read it!

I think you are misunderstanding. He is commenting on your font, which you seem to purposely change from the default forum font to an (awful) comic-sans font. 

I think you are misunderstanding. He is commenting on your font, which you seem to purposely change from the default forum font to an (awful) comic-sans font. 

Oh thanks mate,got the wrong end of the stick,no Necative vibes man!.

PS.thats what you call it..

I think if the weapon is lowered, you would run at a faster pace, but when your weapon is up and ready, you'd walk at a slight slower pace. This gives reasons for people who are running far to lower their weapon to get there faster, but then once near combat they would want their gun up and not able to run fast.

So maybe keep the raised gun run speed where it is at now, but add in lowering the gun and increase the run speed just slightly.

Very good, and a slight sway increase from keeping it up

I realy hope so, i think that would add alot to the immersion (at least for me)

This feature would be really nice, having the weapon lifted without anything to brace or lean on, should slowly drain the stamina (I do not have any army experience, but I believe that this happens, because keeping heavy stuff lifted have me tired ).

Also it is quite awkward to walk around your main base with your gun lifted, where there is no threat at all. It does not have that impact in the gameplay, but mainly in the immersion, which plays a big part in a game that wants to be realistic.

I believe that this feature should be added in the future updates, because this is not crucial for the gameplay, but it would be awesome.

Also it is quite awkward to walk around your main base with your gun lifted, where there is no threat at all. It does not have that impact in the gameplay, but mainly in the immersion, which plays a big part in a game that wants to be realistic.

That's the thing, the game doesn't want to. Which makes the feature a waste of precious manhours that better be spend on creating new content, polishing existing one and ironing out bugs.

That's the thing, the game doesn't want to. Which makes the feature a waste of precious manhours that better be spend on creating new content, polishing existing one and ironing out bugs.

That's why I said that it should be considered in the future updates, when the game is running smoothly.