Rybec

Mortars need to be a little scarier

The lethal radius is a little smaller than what it should be.

Would like a secondary zone on them first. First zone instan death, secondary zone damage concussion/suppression and force that knocks you down. 

Yep I agree. That is ridiculous. Mortars are atm total useless. Smoke is more effective than HE. 

Mortars are always scary, for different reasons.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

ImSC9EN.gif?noredirect

giphy.gif

Edited by oTec

4 minutes ago, Pluto is a planet said:

You where extremely lucky. the first ones are smoke rounds.

hah, didn't even notice that at first. The first volley is indeed smoke, hence the no damage.

HE does have quite a radius though.

16 hours ago, Pluto is a planet said:

You where extremely lucky. the first ones are smoke rounds.

So it is. I suppose I'd expect smoke to have a small damage radius even.

7 hours ago, embecmom said:

just incase your search function wasnt working .....

People get upset for bumping old threads, people get upset at making new ones, you make people unhappy either way.

yea  i would rather have a new thread made then rezing old shit from different time/versions of the game lol..i never understood that anyway

i agree explosives need a bigger splash radius not just Mortars but HE from 30mm aswel that shit is worthless.

Edited by ♠DEG♠

15 hours ago, Rybec said:

So it is. I suppose I'd expect smoke to have a small damage radius even.

People get upset for bumping old threads, people get upset at making new ones, you make people unhappy either way.

I don't know how big the radius is or how much damage it does, but I was playing a skirmish game a week or so ago where someone actually did kill an enemy with a smoke round.

Edited by Kothra

Since we're all having a go at this ol horse....

I agree mortars need to be more lethal. (and the Techi-rocket artillery)

In those older threads they mentioned shrapnel for mortars. That would be deadly. If they can add actual projectiles for each explosive round Id be SO happy.

As others have discussed, I think rockets/explosives in general need a buff. I usually go AT and its hard even with fragmentation rockets to get a confirmed kill.

I take my time and only launch when I can line it up like a rifle. If I try to "splash" him I can only miss 1-2 meters max. Ive had issues where small wooden walls and concrete blocks are also able to shield completely from blastwave and frag/penetration for RPGs.

I think the reason for disliking necroing old threads, is because it makes it harder for the Devs and Community managers to compile player feedback. 

not difficult to add comment to an old thread that is discussing exactly the same thing... it goes to the top of the list when a new comment is added...

On 12/7/2018 at 1:11 AM, elerik said:

Yep I agree. That is ridiculous. Mortars are atm total useless. Smoke is more effective than HE. 

I disagree. If you are using a calc you can hit with 99% accuracy. Also its obviously more effective when people are grouped up on an objective than split up. Also the size of the mortars aren't 150mm...

Edited by ComplainersFFS