Sign in to follow this  
Kodagobang

Tank help.

I'm going to post a video after my question for some insight into what I think should be more clearly explained.

What are the strengths/weaknesses of SABOT vs HEAT?   In my slight understanding SABOT is more effective at disabling engines while HEAT can pop ammo boxes for more damage.  Are there benefits to one vs the other for specific fights?  I would love some more information regarding the specific details of tanks in general in Squad.

Video:  Tanks are broken (not mine)

Sabot is first choice against enemy armor. HEAT is generally second choice, unless it is sure that you'll be able to kill it with said round, wich is cheaper.

So vs tanks -> sabot

APC/IFV -> HEAT

Idk about the damage models in squad though.

Edited by oTec

6 hours ago, Kodagobang said:

I'm going to post a video after my question for some insight into what I think should be more clearly explained.

What are the strengths/weaknesses of SABOT vs HEAT?   In my slight understanding SABOT is more effective at disabling engines while HEAT can pop ammo boxes for more damage.  Are there benefits to one vs the other for specific fights?  I would love some more information regarding the specific details of tanks in general in Squad.

I do not know what to say its a bug or something or this guys are using rubber shells on him.Or its just the t-72b3 being too poor against the americans.

Just use them like this...

SABOT for hard targets (tanks, IFVs, APCs, trucks).

HEAT for soft targets (infantry and emplacements).

TOW for hard targets (tanks, IFVs, APCs, trucks).

Coaxial for infantry o n l y .

Use them differently and I will guarantee you little success.

Use them correctly and you will succeed. 

On 12/7/2018 at 2:39 AM, Kodagobang said:

Tanks are broken. Sabot should really only be used against Tanks, and IFV's, anything else, use HEAT. HEAT also has explosive range for splash. I'm not sure why that abrams didn't take any damage at all, but he did shoot the sabots at the turret, so that may be the reason.

Edited by nagasuru