Sign in to follow this  
danielritual

When about thermals?

when will thermal be available?

all the armored ones that have this technology must have it in the game!

Project Reality Exemple:

sexy-mens-thermal-pants-men-thermo-under

Edited by suds

13 hours ago, danielritual said:

Project Reality Exemple:

Probably when there are more than enough counters against the already OP tanks and IFV's. Right now it would just shit on the balance aspects, so later would be a better idea.

No ETA/promises yet, but the designers have considered thermal as part of the component system, if it could be balanced appropriately. As I'm sure you've seen, the balance between AT and armor is pretty delicate and complex, especially while we flesh out tanks and the components on 'em.

I enjoy the communication required for tank to tank combat. Thermals while realistic would make the crew's life a little too easy in game. FLIR in Arma is an example where there is no hiding. You're a neon light in the woods.

On 29/09/2018 at 6:38 PM, VIRK said:

Hello there, I wont to  start by saying that u guys have done a great job with the game and still are, but at the same time, where u have put so much effort in the develpment of the game, It really is amazing that  the effects for smoke grenades  carried by the inf men are just not what or how smoke works. Now if u through smoke, smoke comes out of the grande canister and kind of sticks to it at the both ends, without the proper effect of what a real smoke does. It actually spreads out in the surrounding rather than whats its doing now!  Now if u even through 8 grenades , the effects is not that of when one or two grande smokes are employed. And because the smoke does not dispense as it should be the other side sees u and kills u in a flash. Smoke for mortars is awesome, I'm hoping this will be resolved,

Thanks and keep the good work up.

Regards

Capt Virk.

if the squad going to reality like as project reality we need FLIR/Thermal

1 hour ago, maze2 said:

agree, we need thermals

Agreed, but not before proper counters to these are made, or at least more counters against these vehicles in general.

Seems really hard to balance thermals though. How does infantry compete against that kind of technology? Unless infantry had heavy missile AT such as javelin or Metis missile system then I feel it would be fair.

the limited counter against FLIR from armored vehicles, Smome screen.

adjustments in how Fire control works would mean one cannot laze a tank to have fire control adjust for elevation. YOu can see the tank through smoke, but the laser will give incorrect retuns.

On 12/5/2018 at 10:38 PM, danielritual said:

Project Reality Exemple:

US and German tanks from Tank gunner sights  will  show heat sources via  green background.

M1A1 SA   thermal sights

M1A2 SEP Tank Commanders CCITV viewer Thermal sights

Edited by kev2go

9 hours ago, Nossa said:

Seems really hard to balance thermals though. How does infantry compete against that kind of technology? Unless infantry had heavy missile AT such as javelin or Metis missile system then I feel it would be fair.

I wouldn't expect implementation of vehicle thermal sights until this happens anyway (and probably also after addition of helicopters with ATGMS). TOW/Kornet emplacements would also get thermals.

Edited by Kothra

On 09/12/2018 at 11:32 PM, Kothra said:

I wouldn't expect implementation of vehicle thermal sights until this happens anyway (and probably also after addition of helicopters with ATGMS). TOW/Kornet emplacements would also get thermals.

TOW/Kornet needs thermals too