Gatzby

Alpha 12.1 on Public Testing

Karm has sent out the word that public playtesting is commencing another round for Alpha 12.1. Be advised that the Squad - Public Testing app is already in your library and is a full Squad install for testing purposes. Careful with your bandwidth limits!

Check under the "Custom Servers" tab if you don't see a testing server available.

BIGGEST CHANGES:

• Large number of optimisations in foliage, UI, textures and audio which should result in less memory used
  • Vehicle damage has been tweaked and fixed. Some vehicles would not take damage as intended, and armor/damage values have been changed for balance.
  • Vehicle gearbox has been tweaked a bit. Driving uphill should be less problematic.
  • AT-4 damage has been increased. 
  • Weapon handling changes: sway has been reduced, recoil has been tweaked.
  • Several layer balance tweaks

WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU:

Feedback on memory-related issues (loading times, hitches, server loading timeouts). Is it better than A12, the same, or worse? What issues still remain for you?

Please post this feedback in the #bug-reports-a12 channel on Discord: http://discord.gg/Squad

On 2018/12/6 at 4:15 AM, Gatzby said:

Weapon handling changes: sway has been reduced, recoil has been tweaked.

Just fyi, Nordic clarified on reddit that “tweaked” means increased vertical recoil and said that shooting is even harder in v12.1. I’m curious to see how this will work out.

Edited by fatalsushi

Good news!

No info instead regarding the rearm from the bags? For greater flexibility ... especially for LAT and GL

27 minutes ago, Lio said:

No Servers?

Isn't it already over? Thought it was only wednesday.

Well, my game is not updating... i dont understand... restarted Steam, Verified Files... still on the yesterday version(Squad a12.1.108.10535-4.16.3-SHIPPING), help?

Edited by Lio

2 hours ago, Lio said:

Well, my game is not updating... i dont understand... restarted Steam, Verified Files... still on the yesterday version(Squad a12.1.108.10535-4.16.3-SHIPPING), help?

Make sure you're using the Squad - Public Testing entry, NOT your normal Squad installation.

Servers may not be up at the moment (Not quite 7am at the office yet; just us earlybirds), but they would appear under the Custom Servers tab in all likelihood.

21 hours ago, Guan_Yu007 said:

Bandwidth limits? What's that?

People who don't pay/have unlimited internet data per month and are charged a fee of something like $10 /GB they go over

33 minutes ago, FeatherSton3 said:

People who don't pay/have unlimited internet data per month and are charged a fee of something like $10 /GB they go over

That's retarded, what country does that (USA i guess?)

7 hours ago, Gatzby said:

Make sure you're using the Squad - Public Testing entry, NOT your normal Squad installation.

Servers may not be up at the moment (Not quite 7am at the office yet; just us earlybirds), but they would appear under the Custom Servers tab in all likelihood.

Yes im on the the Public Test, so the version: a12.1.108.10535-4.16.3-SHIPPING is the current version right now, right?

Edited by Lio

there is 6.4 gb update on Public test server, why are we updating , if there is no servers to play? or what are we updating? there is no any info..

What is the goal of this public test entry of steam?

Edited by Togisan

On 12/6/2018 at 1:56 PM, Guan_Yu007 said:

That's retarded, what country does that (USA i guess?)

Australia