Gatzby

Alpha 12.1

6 hours ago, fatalsushi said:

(...) One small suggestion is to make the iron sight versions of all guns a class has available. So, militia scout would also get the iron sight sks and squad lead would get iron sight ak-74. This would add more variety and cater to individual preferences without upsetting balance.

I also think the militia medic should also have the option of an ak-74 because not everyone likes high-recoil weapons like the FAL.

Iron sights : +1 as its not something that would unbalance the game

Militia medic AK-74 : I'd like it too, same reason than above + variety and not unrealistic

8 hours ago, fatalsushi said:

Devs, thanks for the following:

- Less sway and horizontal recoil

- Wasd controls for turrets

- Optimization and everything else

Squad is getting more epic every patch. One small suggestion is to make the iron sight versions of all guns a class has available. So, militia scout would also get the iron sight sks and squad lead would get iron sight ak-74. This would add more variety and cater to individual preferences without upsetting balance.

I also think the militia medic should also have the option of an ak-74 because not everyone likes high-recoil weapons like the FAL. Would also be nice if the shortened AK was available to more classes. I used to love using that gun with the militia lat class.

I agree
I prefer the iron sight both at the optics and at the red dot. And when I use US Lat, Hat or Granadier, I would like to be free to choose between iron sight or red dot (without touching the overall balance that the optics create)

On 14/12/2018 at 10:52 AM, SeeN said:

Sorry, but when I moved Squad to an SSD, the previously unbearable loading times were reduced by something like 70%. I'd rather not follow your advice :D 

Yes that is the one thing that dramatically changed moving to SSD was the loading screens, it was a huge difference.

On 17/12/2018 at 1:17 PM, SeeN said:

Not a problem for me, I will long buy a new SSD by the time it will wear out as it will still last for years. And their price are so low now, the seriously reduced loading time are worth every penny.

With you all the way on this, I would happily replace an SSD every 12 months to get the speed I have from them, the one I have at the moment is an M.2 SSD and is 18 months old so doing just fine. The M.2 SSD is around 7 times faster than a standard SATA SSD

On 2018-12-14 at 7:55 AM, ComplainersFFS said:

What is your mother board? 

PSU?

Internet wire type?

Do you run anything other than your OS on your SSD?

I can have those exact components as you have and have garbage performance.

this is my setup:

CPU: [email protected] 5Ghz CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15 GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW Gaming ACX 3.0 MOtherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-F GAMING Ram: Corsair Vengeance LPX Black 16GB 3000MHZ HDD: M.2 960 EVO 250GB + 850 EVO 250GB + WD5000 1TB PSU: Corsair RM850W  Screen: AOC C32G1 144Hz

Internet: Fiber 250/250 Mb/s Ping: to my host: 4ms

I´m not a beginner in this case. On the hardware side I know what I´m doing after 23 years on PC and 11 pc builds later :)

ALL other games I play I can get 144mhz easy peasy.. This game ain't optimized properly, might never will...  That's the truth.

Edited by Dundish

And what other games are you playing that have 80+ players, vehicles, unlimited draw distances etc?

1 hour ago, Melbo said:

And what other games are you playing that have 80+ players, vehicles, unlimited draw distances etc?

And? ... This game can't do 144hz+ even if it is 50 players the whole match.... Unlimited draw distans, hell no! Example... You can see a soldier far away but it can be a mountain or shit in the way you can't se so you can't hit the enemy anyways... 

12.2 is not better...

Edited by Dundish

2 hours ago, Dundish said:

And? ... This game can't do 144hz+ even if it is 50 players the whole match.... Unlimited draw distans, hell no! Example... You can see a soldier far away but it can be a mountain or shit in the way you can't se so you can't hit the enemy anyways... 

12.2 is not better...

I'm fairly certain that no one has ever mentioned it would be able to do 144fps so not sure why you're getting your panties in such a twist. Arma is the closest you will get to Squad in terms of player numbers and vehicles, no other games offer what these two games currently do. You're not getting a stable 144fps in any game like this any time soon.

4 hours ago, Dundish said:

This game ain't optimized properly

I never thought of this tbh...

Obviously it's not optimized, no game is every optimized in early access, or any time in the development stages, even games like Battlefield.

3 hours ago, Melbo said:

I'm fairly certain that no one has ever mentioned it would be able to do 144fps so not sure why you're getting your panties in such a twist. Arma is the closest you will get to Squad in terms of player numbers and vehicles, no other games offer what these two games currently do. You're not getting a stable 144fps in any game like this any time soon.

Nope but in BF1 64p 165-200+ fps... I don't have ARMA and never try it...

But FFS if I lower the setting to VERY low I can't get my stable 144fps in Squad... Is that okey?

EDIT: You guys need to here this and need to fix this... YEEEP I know it is alpha still.. I have played this game since like October/November 2015 and I LOVE it!...

Edited by Dundish

3 hours ago, Dundish said:

You guys need to here this and need to fix this... YEEEP I know it is alpha still..

Yes it is in alpha, they need to focus on features and content, leave most of the optimisation to the beta.

On 18/12/2018 at 2:15 AM, Nightstalker21 said:

Iron sights : +1 as its not something that would unbalance the game

Militia medic AK-74 : I'd like it too, same reason than above + variety and not unrealistic

This will require an overhaul to the kit limiting system, as right now there is not a link between the same kit but different optic.

In the future we want to include most kits having flexible options (optic or iron/aimpoint). A couple kits will probably always only have 1 choice, like crewman, pilot marksman and Heavy AT.