Gatzby

Alpha 12.1

On 12/4/2018 at 12:59 PM, Gatzby said:
Unique Identity: All weapons have received a pass based on their caliber and barrel lengths. E.g., the AK-74 and L85A2 families now have less recoil than the M4 family.

What? If we were talking old school rifles like the M1 Garand or K98, then sure, the caliber and barrel lengths would have a lot more to do with recoil. But we aren't. The M4 series has a buffer spring and tube that absorbs almost all of the recoil, while the AK-74 has a single spring. The L85A2 is a bullpup and has virtually nowhere for the recoil to go besides your shoulder. Of the three, its the only one I haven't put rounds though, so I can anecdotally comment on it.

Additionally, the M4 series recoil mechanisms are all in a line with the barrel and the shooter's shoulder, while the AK-74's recoil spring is above the barrel and stock.

Here are some good visualizations of the differences.

AK-74: 

M4:

Hope this helps to correct this glaring departure from real-world applications.

1 hour ago, Heinz said:

What? If we were talking old school rifles like the M1 Garand or K98, then sure, the caliber and barrel lengths would have a lot more to do with recoil. But we aren't. The M4 series has a buffer spring and tube that absorbs almost all of the recoil, while the AK-74 has a single spring. The L85A2 is a bullpup and has virtually nowhere for the recoil to go besides your shoulder. Of the three, its the only one I haven't put rounds though, so I can anecdotally comment on it.

Additionally, the M4 series recoil mechanisms are all in a line with the barrel and the shooter's shoulder, while the AK-74's recoil spring is above the barrel and stock.

Here are some good visualizations of the differences.

AK-74: 

M4:

Hope this helps to correct this glaring departure from real-world applications.

well but even then there is no deny that AK 74 round ( 5.45x39mm ) is much weaker and produce less recoil than 5.56x45mm NATO, the different of recoil between the two pretty much established since V10, and even then  the M4 still much better than the AK 74, 5.56 round in game produce just a slightly bit more recoil than 5.45 and have better performance at long range than 5.45.

Beside, some of devs are veteran so i think they acknowledged this already

Edited by Zackii90

10 hours ago, Dundish said:

I have worse FPS! YES cashe is clear! Not even if I LOWER the settings to LOW without AA and SS I´m not hitting 144fps

I have a 8700K @ 5GHZ and a GTX 1080, 16GB RAM 3200Mhz!

When will I be able to play this game @ 144fps?............. FFS!

I would like a reply also, why v12.1 people with high end systems have worse FPS compared with lower systems... i have i7 8700k @ 4.8GHz, GTX 1080Ti, 32GB-RAM 3200 MHz, running OS in a M.2 Samsung 960 Pro NVMe and Squad in Samsung 840 Evo ... exposed this problem since v12.1 Public Test, no replies...

Is there somewhere we can read any server side updates? Tallil outskirts was crashing servers in v12. And server tps was getting as low as 4tps on that map.

15 hours ago, jackU543 said:

I notice there is a change of ACOG magnification in one mounted on the L85A2, it seem to be much weaker than the one mounted on the M4 ? Is its some kind of bug or official gameplay change ? 

In this picture here you can see the M4 ACOG ( on the right side ) can seen as far as 750m and have no trouble seeing at 500m at all and in the L85A2 ACOG ( left side ) the view become blurry at about 500m

img%5Dimg%5D

Its been like this since the implementation of v11 with brits, no idea whhy.

3 hours ago, Zackii90 said:

well but even then there is no deny that AK 74 round ( 5.45x39mm ) is much weaker and produce less recoil than 5.56x45mm NATO...

Beside, some of devs are veteran so i think they acknowledged this already

While the 5.45x39 is marginally less powerful (880-900 m/s for full rifle, compared to 905 m/s for the M4), how the M4 deals with that difference is absorbed by the rifle much better than the AK-74.

Think about it like this, would you feel bumps more in a car that weighs 2000 lbs but doesn't have any shocks, or a car that weighs 2030 pounds but has shocks? Watch the videos and see what I'm talking about.

I'm also a vet and have spent a lot of time around these weapon systems. That said I know that there are sacrifices made in game development to support good gameplay that doesn't follow things realistically sometimes. I just felt that the explanation of "it has a higher muzzle velocity so it has more recoil" wasn't great and illustrated why it is not in line with real life. I mean, the M2 .50 has a lower muzzle velocity than the M4, so should it have less recoil? ;-)

E.g., the AK-74 and L85A2 families now have less recoil than the M4 family.

What?

Did you remove all the buffer springs from the M4s?

On 9/12/2018 at 8:46 AM, Dundish said:

I have worse FPS! YES cashe is clear! Not even if I LOWER the settings to LOW without AA and SS I´m not hitting 144fps

I have a 8700K @ 5GHZ and a GTX 1080, 16GB RAM 3200Mhz!

When will I be able to play this game @ 144fps?............. FFS!

Same for me.

[email protected] - 1080Ti - 16 ram - ssd - etc. at 3440x1440 ultrawide.
On new (fantastic) Yehorivka map, my fps also drop to 35 ... with SS at 1.25.
I keep wondering how it is possible to have certain fps with my configuration in the larger maps ... when will the 50vs50 per server arrive, I will play at 20fps with a 1080Ti?

Ps. yes, I have cleaned the chace etc. etc.

For me it's way better , loading time is shorter (avoiding server close connection) , it's not saturate the memory anymore, texture are quicker to load 

a nice job 

14 hours ago, nagasuru said:

hopefully they will have a fix to this

14 hours ago, nagasuru said:

US for now probably become the best faction in game, best optic, good rifle, and a wide variety of armored & heavy armored support 

2 hours ago, M.I.K.E. said:

Found a bug, game crashes for me when i enable steam inventory skins.

=>

On 12/9/2018 at 1:09 AM, Gatzby said:

If you're experiencing a crash after the update, please clear your cache using Option 1 here: https://offworldindustries.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115002768887-How-to-manually-clear-your-user-settings-cache

Do not enable skins in-game for now, please. =)

Awesome changes, and I really like the 20% frame rate increase. But I have to repeat my usual mantra: any chance of eliminating the upward teleportation bug when players are being revived? Also, after exiting a vehicle, and sometimes when just spawning as well, the weapon info display will disappear from the bottom right corner until the end of the game, which is really annoying.

a small thing I would like to see added is being able to resupply from ammo bags even if your resupply cost is more than the ammo bag

its really frustrating when an ammo bag has 50 points and I need another lat rocket but i cant because I shot 1 round from my rifle and now my resupply cost is 52 and because of that I can't resupply at all anymore

LAT round now supposed to cost 40 and ammo bag isn't that 100 ammo to start.

On 12/10/2018 at 5:00 AM, Heinz said:

While the 5.45x39 is marginally less powerful (880-900 m/s for full rifle, compared to 905 m/s for the M4), how the M4 deals with that difference is absorbed by the rifle much better than the AK-74.

Think about it like this, would you feel bumps more in a car that weighs 2000 lbs but doesn't have any shocks, or a car that weighs 2030 pounds but has shocks? Watch the videos and see what I'm talking about.

I'm also a vet and have spent a lot of time around these weapon systems. That said I know that there are sacrifices made in game development to support good gameplay that doesn't follow things realistically sometimes. I just felt that the explanation of "it has a higher muzzle velocity so it has more recoil" wasn't great and illustrated why it is not in line with real life. I mean, the M2 .50 has a lower muzzle velocity than the M4, so should it have less recoil? ;-)

If I get to choose between having the M4 same recoil as Ak 74 or slightly stronger than Ak 74, i would rather choose the later. Having an M4 with more recoil make me feel like Im firing a more powerful projectile with velocity at 900 m/s and 1.900 J energy than the weaker 880 m/s projectile with only 1.400 J energy. 5.45x39mm is not marginally less powerful than the 5.56 NATO, it much much weaker than the 5.56, even the recoil force of 5.56 is twice stronger than of 5.45x39mm

Edited by zacki1i23

Thanks for the extra info of respawn times details in the  T? tab :)

Loadings are still broken. 

The only improvement is that the game starts in ~1 minute including anti-cheat(previously it was +3 minutes). Firing range takes 3,5 minutes to load. Tried to join a server and gave up after 7 minutes.

i5 3550, 8gb ram, gtx 1060 3gb, hdd

3 hours ago, VTRaptor said:

Loadings are still broken. 

The only improvement is that the game starts in ~1 minute including anti-cheat(previously it was +3 minutes). Firing range takes 3,5 minutes to load. Tried to join a server and gave up after 7 minutes.

i5 3550, 8gb ram, gtx 1060 3gb, hdd

Gotta give more details, cleared your cache? Did you try anything else that could fix the issue? Because it seems that for most players it works perfectly fine now.

Obviously I do clear caches after updates.

I don't know what should I do since I've played from v8 or v9 to v11 and everything was fine back then. This problem just can't be on my end.