Gatzby

Alpha 12.1 Released

58 minutes ago, VTRaptor said:

Obviously I do clear caches after updates.

I don't know what should I do since I've played from v8 or v9 to v11 and everything was fine back then. This problem just can't be on my end.

It's not so obvious. Your hard drive or disk controller could have developed a fault since then. Try to install it on a different drive, most preferably an SSD. Your loading times will be at 20% of the current one.

1 hour ago, VTRaptor said:

This problem just can't be on my end.

That's what a lot of people say before it turns out it was on their end. Before this patch yeah it was definitely the game, since the devs found it and fixed it for A12.1, but now you gotta start questioning the fact that it can't be at your end.

Works great now. I have no issues with loading times anymore and no freezing in game. I upgraded my ram from 8 to 16, that might have affect too.

The Bradley and T72 "hunter killer" option for the gunner (while pressing E) does not work.

While the rotation stabilization seam to still work the cannon pitch does not anymore.

Are these features or bugs? I cant see anything mention about it in the change loggs

42 minutes ago, Squad Fox said:

The Bradley and T72 "hunter killer" option for the gunner (while pressing E) does not work.

While the rotation stabilization seam to still work the cannon pitch does not anymore.

Are these features or bugs? I cant see anything mention about it in the change loggs

Hearing a few reports of this. If the turret/tank is healthy, try disabling and re-enabling stabilization. We'll be taking a look at it on the code side too.

On 12/9/2018 at 10:41 AM, Minipops said:

Is there somewhere we can read any server side updates? Tallil outskirts was crashing servers in v12. And server tps was getting as low as 4tps on that map.

Generally speaking, we do release notes that cover both sides, but there is a Hosting Discord for admins available: https://discord.me/page/squadhosting should get you there.

20 hours ago, Gatzby said:

Hearing a few reports of this. If the turret/tank is healthy, try disabling and re-enabling stabilization. We'll be taking a look at it on the code side too.

If i do any further testing ill submit my findings here https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeeRiWcZAdAuHw4HJlYixvsfxPzUqMNkLskpsUO2eGa4T7MkQ/viewform?c=0&w=1 buts so far i tried toggling on/off stabilizer and I also asked another player to try it as well. Thank you for the quick reply

On 12/8/2018 at 4:43 PM, Lio said:

I have way worse performance in this version... i don't get it.

Please post your full computer specs.

Try hitting "run benchmark" and tune down the fancy unnecessary settings. Keep the FXAA or whatever it sets it to, turn shadows down to medium or low, view distance to medium or low, rest to medium. Remove ambient, occlusion.

On 12/11/2018 at 10:10 PM, HammondP said:

Works great now. I have no issues with loading times anymore and no freezing in game. I upgraded my ram from 8 to 16, that might have affect too.

Haven't changed my specs, game start up is faster, server load up is faster, time between matches is faster. Overall 10/10 squad finally rolled in some good updates.

On 12/8/2018 at 5:28 PM, TheTrooper said:

Thanks a million!!!! 
optimisation is getting better and better after each update and I hope this will be fine as well. 

any chances of seeing "Flip vehicle" option? 

APC/TANK/TRUCK can tow another vehicle 

and I have some questions about the future updates, could you link me where can I ask my questions?

I agree if anything I can run higher quality at better frame rate without freezing frames.

On 12/11/2018 at 2:10 PM, SeeN said:

It's not so obvious. Your hard drive or disk controller could have developed a fault since then. Try to install it on a different drive, most preferably an SSD. Your loading times will be at 20% of the current one.

I would never recommend putting games like squad on your SSD. I would only recommend your operating system on your SSD.

Even then, I render videos into a HDD.

On 12/8/2018 at 11:46 PM, Dundish said:

I have worse FPS! YES cashe is clear! Not even if I LOWER the settings to LOW without AA and SS I´m not hitting 144fps

I have a 8700K @ 5GHZ and a GTX 1080, 16GB RAM 3200Mhz!

When will I be able to play this game @ 144fps?............. FFS!

What is your mother board? 

PSU?

Internet wire type?

Do you run anything other than your OS on your SSD?

I can have those exact components as you have and have garbage performance.

Edited by ComplainersFFS

On 12/9/2018 at 10:40 AM, Lio said:

I would like a reply also, why v12.1 people with high end systems have worse FPS compared with lower systems... i have i7 8700k @ 4.8GHz, GTX 1080Ti, 32GB-RAM 3200 MHz, running OS in a M.2 Samsung 960 Pro NVMe and Squad in Samsung 840 Evo ... exposed this problem since v12.1 Public Test, no replies...

Try running squad on a HDD and maybe post your motherboard, perhaps that's bottle necking your other components? PSU? Internet cable type? Internet speed? Could be too late and your ssd is trash.

On 12/11/2018 at 7:04 AM, VTRaptor said:

Loadings are still broken. 

The only improvement is that the game starts in ~1 minute including anti-cheat(previously it was +3 minutes). Firing range takes 3,5 minutes to load. Tried to join a server and gave up after 7 minutes.

i5 3550, 8gb ram, gtx 1060 3gb, hdd

CPU is kind of dated, what frequency is your ram at? MOBO? Internet cable type and connection speed? Try running bench mark and reducing the fancy settings like ambient and occlusion, shadows, view distance.

I'm running

i3 8100

GTX 1050ti mini

16gb ram x2 2666mhz

MSI B360a pro

Corsair Bronze 500w PSU

CAT 6 Cable

80 mb/s internet

Team Liquid SSD 250gb with OS only

Squad, Steam, Video processors on TB HDD at 7200rpm

I don't think i missed anything. I run at about 80 fps at all high settings.

Edited by ComplainersFFS

4 hours ago, ComplainersFFS said:

I would never recommend putting games like squad on your SSD. I would only recommend your operating system on your SSD.

Sorry, but when I moved Squad to an SSD, the previously unbearable loading times were reduced by something like 70%. I'd rather not follow your advice :D 

Edited by SeeN
grammar

early xmas present. nice 

SSD make everything better . Come to the light side. 

19 hours ago, SeeN said:

Sorry, but when I moved Squad to an SSD, the previously unbearable loading times were reduced by something like 70%. I'd rather not follow your advice :D 

I agree but the life of your SSD will degrade sooner. And HDDs are consistent and the loading times are fine. 

On 14/12/2018 at 6:52 AM, ComplainersFFS said:

Please post your full computer specs.

Try hitting "run benchmark" and tune down the fancy unnecessary settings. Keep the FXAA or whatever it sets it to, turn shadows down to medium or low, view distance to medium or low, rest to medium. Remove ambient, occlusion.

Haven't changed my specs, game start up is faster, server load up is faster, time between matches is faster. Overall 10/10 squad finally rolled in some good updates.

I agree if anything I can run higher quality at better frame rate without freezing frames.

Even then, I render videos into a HDD.

My Specs: 

- CPU: Intel Core i7 8700K (OC'ed: 4.8GHz)
- GPU: Asus GeForce GTX 1080Ti ROG STRIX GAMING OC
- RAM: G.Skill 3200MHz RIPJAWS V 32GB (4X8GB) DDR4
- SSD: M.2 Samsung 960 Pro 512GB NVMe(running OS) / Samsung 840 Evo 250GB(Running Squad)

1 hour ago, Lio said:

My Specs: 

- CPU: Intel Core i7 8700K (OC'ed: 4.8GHz)
- GPU: Asus GeForce GTX 1080Ti ROG STRIX GAMING OC
- RAM: G.Skill 3200MHz RIPJAWS V 32GB (4X8GB) DDR4
- SSD: M.2 Samsung 960 Pro 512GB NVMe(running OS) / Samsung 840 Evo 250GB(Running Squad)

So you had no problems before v12? The graphics settings reset so try setting all to lowest and go from there. I personally have all on low and have eye adaptation and preload textures.

What is your motherboard it could be bottlenecking your cpu and gpu. Also if your SSD are old they may cause problems especially after large updates and such. I have my adobe products and all my games on my HDD seagate 7200rpm, with only my OS on my ssd. I think there's a program that you can use to test your SSDs but that in itself will put wear on it.

Edited by ComplainersFFS

10 hours ago, ComplainersFFS said:

So you had no problems before v12? The graphics settings reset so try setting all to lowest and go from there. I personally have all on low and have eye adaptation and preload textures.

What is your motherboard it could be bottlenecking your cpu and gpu. Also if your SSD are old they may cause problems especially after large updates and such. I have my adobe products and all my games on my HDD seagate 7200rpm, with only my OS on my ssd. I think there's a program that you can use to test your SSDs but that in itself will put wear on it.

MotherBoard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-F GAMING

The loading times never were a problem for me, ofc i can get good performance lowering the settings a bit, but everyone else is reporting better fps with the same settings they were using and im getting worse FPS that's why im exposing my problem here, im not complaining just giving some feedback as always. maybe devs did something to help out low rigs but "sacrificed" performance on high end rigs... just would like that to know if that's the case... 

Edited by Lio

looks great but what about old school maps like 

1. Fallujah West

latest?cb=20100912060406

2. Muttrah city

AAS_64.jpg

any chance to launch them shortly?

5 hours ago, RaNa-xXx said:

looks great but what about old school maps like 

1. Fallujah West

Fallujah is in the works, but takes a lot of time and new map assets.

On ‎12‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 7:11 AM, ComplainersFFS said:

I agree but the life of your SSD will degrade sooner. And HDDs are consistent and the loading times are fine. 

Not a problem for me, I will long buy a new SSD by the time it will wear out as it will still last for years. And their price are so low now, the seriously reduced loading time are worth every penny.

Devs, thanks for the following:

- Less sway and horizontal recoil

- Wasd controls for turrets

- Optimization and everything else

Squad is getting more epic every patch. One small suggestion is to make the iron sight versions of all guns a class has available. So, militia scout would also get the iron sight sks and squad lead would get iron sight ak-74. This would add more variety and cater to individual preferences without upsetting balance.

I also think the militia medic should also have the option of an ak-74 because not everyone likes high-recoil weapons like the FAL. Would also be nice if the shortened AK was available to more classes. I used to love using that gun with the militia lat class.

Edited by fatalsushi

On 12/15/2018 at 3:11 PM, ComplainersFFS said:

Could you explain why you think so? Squad is not updated very often and even when it is, the majority of files remain consistent. 

On 15.12.2018 at 7:11 AM, ComplainersFFS said:

That is just not true anymore, sometimes modern SSDs survive even more read/write operations that "normal" HDDs. This was very true in the beginning with the first consumer SSDs, but today most SSDs really can survive a long time.