oTec

APC VS IFV ticket count.

Seems unnatural that a IFV has the same ticket count as an APC.

A bradley that costs 10 tickets can take out tanks and demolish evry other vehicle 1 on 1 without any effort/tactics but is worth the same as a BTR-82.

Maybe an inbetween category should be created for IFV's?

Edited by oTec

The ticket count is bad since this new update.I am sure thy made it so the teams would use vhiecles more.

problem is that so many people waste vehicles that it had a detrimental effect on ticket count...reducing the cost of vehicles stops the trolls damaging so much with using vehicles as glorified taxis or not caring if it gets blown by driving right into enemies... 

The 12.1 recap says re balance" balance patch that we are working on right now, which should be with you all shortly. We have looked at all the community feedback and improved ". suspect that's means ticket cost change. 

14 hours ago, embecmom said:

problem is that so many people waste vehicles that it had a detrimental effect on ticket count...reducing the cost of vehicles stops the trolls damaging so much with using vehicles as glorified taxis or not caring if it gets blown by driving right into enemies... 

True.

12 hours ago, Smee said:

The 12.1 recap says re balance" balance patch that we are working on right now, which should be with you all shortly. We have looked at all the community feedback and improved ". suspect that's means ticket cost change. 

I hope, don't know if an increase is wise due to what @embecmom stated, but a seperate bracket for IFV's is surely needed.

Maybe 20T for tank, 15 IFV, 10 APC and 5 light vehicles.

14 hours ago, embecmom said:

It only encourages that behaviour now, which I'm sure we can at least all agree, has definitely been the case with v12. People literally drive around like it's wacky races not giving a damn about 10 tickets. Why would they? :D 

13 hours ago, Smee said:

It could be literally anything balance wise. Be interesting today to see what they are! 

To OP

I completely agree with you. It didn't make sense to me either when I first saw it but just awesomed that will undoubtable change after we see the effects! 

Edited by Quadro

Further proof that even adding "Lite" MilSim elements to what's basically an Arcade framework is still much too complex for your average CS:GO/COD/Battlefield player to comprehend.

2 hours ago, Quadro said:

It only encourages that behaviour now, which I'm sure we can at least all agree, has definitely been the case with v12. People literally drive around like it's wacky races not giving a damn about 10 tickets. Why would they? :D 

its been the same since vehicles arrived in the game.. people that dont care about tickets dont care about how much a vehicle costs.. stick it up to 100 and someone will still do the same...

as I argued for a long time... being a medic was futile exercise in trying to keep tickets because one large vehicle loss by inconsiderate players just destroyed the hard work.. its not teamwork at that point its just DM.    Making them cost more will do no more than lose tickets faster again.  There needs to be an alternative.

37 minutes ago, embecmom said:

its been the same since vehicles arrived in the game.. people that dont care about tickets dont care about how much a vehicle costs.. stick it up to 100 and someone will still do the same...

as I argued for a long time... being a medic was futile exercise in trying to keep tickets because one large vehicle loss by inconsiderate players just destroyed the hard work.. its not teamwork at that point its just DM.    Making them cost more will do no more than lose tickets faster again.  There needs to be an alternative.

If you look at it like that, the only solution is to remove ticket costs entirely for vehicles and play on the respawn timer. Lose your tank? Though luck, get r*ped by the enemy tank for 20mins. Stuff like that.

But then we're essentially playing battlefield.

3 hours ago, Quadro said:

awesomed

I love that you are awesoming while the rest of us just assume :)

1 hour ago, oTec said:

the only solution

is not the only solution, below is the best solution I think, should at least be tested.

3 hours ago, embecmom said:

I didn't say they did care about vehicles tickets, those particular players just don't care full stop. Only thing I was suggesting is that lowering the tickets for vehicles will also make the type of player who does care, not care! Because strategically why would you if the tickets are so low? It will just encourage the entirety of the player base to not care even more so.

2 hours ago, oTec said:

If you look at it like that, the only solution is to remove ticket costs entirely for vehicles and play on the respawn timer. Lose your tank? Though luck, get r*ped by the enemy tank for 20mins. Stuff like that.

Exactly. We may as well have zero tickets for vehicles if this is the case which I believe it isn't the right solution.

Of the top of my head, maybe a separate ticket count is needed for armoured support vehicles??

1 hour ago, suds said:

I love that you are awesoming while the rest of us just assume :)

is not the only solution, below is the best solution I think, should at least be tested.

Maybe a separate ticket count for armoured/support vehicles?? 

I'm always awesome with everything :D 

Edited by Quadro

6 hours ago, Quadro said:

I didn't say they did care about vehicles tickets, those particular players just don't care full stop. Only thing I was suggesting is that lowering the tickets for vehicles will also make the type of player who does care, not care! Because strategically why would you if the tickets are so low? It will just encourage the entirety of the player base to not care even more so.

I think someone that cares about the vehicle doesnt really worry about whether its 10 tickets or 40 its  a vehicle loss that matters in the fight.

6 hours ago, Quadro said:

Exactly. We may as well have zero tickets for vehicles if this is the case which I believe it isn't the right solution.

Of the top of my head, maybe a separate ticket count is needed for armoured support vehicles??

if you have separate ticket cost then when it gets to zero no more vehicles?  so why bother having ticket cost just make them so there is only a limited supply...

8 hours ago, oTec said:

with the new fire support role (wont all it comander) they will have an opportunity to bring in tankbusters... so not all lsot.

18 hours ago, embecmom said:

I think someone that cares about the vehicle doesnt really worry about whether its 10 tickets or 40 its  a vehicle loss that matters in the fight.

if you have separate ticket cost then when it gets to zero no more vehicles?  so why bother having ticket cost just make them so there is only a limited supply...

If you're suggesting we have limited supplies to vehicles then when that supply reaches to zero, surely you end up with the same result? No vehicles.

I'm not quite sure what you're trying to say, it's almost like we're both saying the same thing. Only that tickets are represented as limited spawn. It's still the same thing, just I think my idea is better :D xD

Whether you have limited spawns to vehicles or you have a separate ticket count for vehicles from the main pool of tickets. They will both create similar results surely? Only difference I can see is if you were to put separate spawn counts on the variety of vehicles, say, two for MBT's, 3 for IFV, 4 for APCs etc.

Which would stop repeating MBT suicide if only we weren't using a re-spawn timer which is designed to do precisely that, slow down vehicle spamming. Whether some players don't care or not it still subsidises it.

Adding a spawn count to lets say a MBT to 2 spawns, but still keeping the 20 minute re-spawn timer will still create the same result in a 1 Hour and 10 minute game. Because you can only use the MBT twice! 

I still think a separate vehicle ticket pool would help far better in letting crews understand bad decisions when they're taking from their own ticket pool and other heavy vehicle users. If they don't care, at least they're not ruining it for the rest of the team by taking their tickets. Transport and other similar vehicles should be included in the team/main ticket pool so not to completely ruin mobility and transport.

Be as simple as Team Tickets: 400, Armoured Tickets: 200. Numbers are just as an example and the names could be whatever is best. Which vehicles full under what ticket pool is something to debate. If team tickets run out, then you lose like you do traditionally, whether you still have Armoured Tickets left or not.

Edited by Quadro

22 hours ago, Quadro said:

If you're suggesting we have limited supplies to vehicles then when that supply reaches to zero, surely you end up with the same result? No vehicles.

I'm not quite sure what you're trying to say, it's almost like we're both saying the same thing. Only that tickets are represented as limited spawn. It's still the same thing, just I think my idea is better :D xD

well I think we are saying the same thing, but whats the point of having a ticket count for vehicles when it reaches 0 there are no more vehicles.. why not just limit the vehicles to a no...unless....

Be as simple as Team Tickets: 400, Armoured Tickets: 200. Numbers are just as an example and the names could be whatever is best. Which vehicles full under what ticket pool is something to debate. If team tickets run out, then you lose like you do traditionally, whether you still have Armoured Tickets left or not.

....rather than losing tickets when the vehicle is destroyed perhaps it should remove the available tickets from the pool at use... ie it gives you 400 vehicle tickets... take a tank it debits 100 tickets from the pool that means you can only have 4 tanks in total... it means use of the vehicles has to be focused upon.. Park it back at main the 100 tickets get added back to the pool, if you decide to take something else.

if there are 100 tickets left and some numpty takes off in a mrap and uses the points he could conceivably take it back to main for the team to get that tank back... means that vehicles actually have to be returned to main rather than left across the battlefield, .get destroyed obviously you lose the tickets invested.

Edited by embecmom

On 07/12/2018 at 11:54 AM, embecmom said:

well I think we are saying the same thing, but whats the point of having a ticket count for vehicles when it reaches 0 there are no more vehicles.. why not just limit the vehicles to a no...unless....

....rather than losing tickets when the vehicle is destroyed perhaps it should remove the available tickets from the pool at use... ie it gives you 400 vehicle tickets... take a tank it debits 100 tickets from the pool that means you can only have 4 tanks in total... it means use of the vehicles has to be focused upon.. Park it back at main the 100 tickets get added back to the pool, if you decide to take something else.

if there are 100 tickets left and some numpty takes off in a mrap and uses the points he could conceivably take it back to main for the team to get that tank back... means that vehicles actually have to be returned to main rather than left across the battlefield, .get destroyed obviously you lose the tickets invested.

I like what you're trying to achieve, I just can't help think it sounds rather complicated for a already complicated game. Cashing in and cashing out on vehicles as they return to base adds extra complications to something that could be resolved using a more simple approach in my humble opinion.

If they are changing the map/loadout screen to display what vehicles are available then this might not be as complicated as it sounds.  There is no real incentive atm to return vehicles to base, you might as well wait until they are destroyed...  the simplest method is to just have a limited vehicle count which in effect is what we have basedon spawn timers.  Applying a value to the vehicles that are spread across the battlefield might force rtb of them to get the armour.  Right now if a team is down to 100 tickets with 8 vehicles on the map no one is really suggesting they get taken back to base to avoid ticket loss by being destroyed or indeed accumulation to bring a tank in which might help reverse or secure a match.

17 hours ago, Quadro said:

I like what you're trying to achieve, I just can't help think it sounds rather complicated for a already complicated game. Cashing in and cashing out on vehicles as they return to base adds extra complications to something that could be resolved using a more simple approach in my humble opinion.

Edited by embecmom

Why should there be an incentive to return vehicles to base? It goes against the grain from what you've said in the passed in regards to players not giving a damn. It would have to be a very powerful fun provoking incentive to get most players to drive back to base to play a game of switch to which won't interest players. Not to mention maps are getting larger and drives are getting longer. If anything, incentives should be in place for QL's to place repair stations for operating vehicles. It seems strange to have a vehicle in the front line to turn around and say "sorry guys but we need to RTB and park up this vehicle".

Currently the ticket system used doesn't have a regain ticket option for returning vehicles and in essence this is what you're suggesting but relabelled as a vehicle count to be separated from the tickets. The re-spawn timer is there to punish players for losing a vehicle and that punishment increases depending on how valuable the vehicle is. If there is no re-spawn timer and just a vehicle count players will use whatever vehicle they like, get it blown up and hop straight back into it straight away back at base! Imagine a squad finally dealt with a tank for it to only appear again five minutes later!?!

Not to mention players will eat away at the vehicle count like something crazy. Yes, you could up the vehicle count but it would be absolute mayhem, the amount of vehicles you would see rolling up time after time after eliminating them would be frankly ridiculous and balance breaking.

There absolutely needs to be a re-spawn timer. Vehicle count is along the lines of what we're both saying, sure. To include the option to recoup the vehicle count by RTBing.. I'm not sure what benefit that really has to any fun or what integral part it has to play.

Edited by Quadro

1 hour ago, Quadro said:

Why should there be an incentive to return vehicles to base? It goes against the grain from what you've said in the passed in regards to players not giving a damn. It would have to be a very powerful fun provoking incentive to get most players to drive back to base to play a game of switch to which won't interest players. Not to mention maps are getting larger and drives are getting longer. If anything, incentives should be in place for QL's to place repair stations for operating vehicles. It seems strange to have a vehicle in the front line to turn around and say "sorry guys but we need to RTB and park up this vehicle".

nothing strange about it... just look at any game and the no. of vehicles strewn across the map abandoned ... the incentive is to stop people just leaving them ... 

1 hour ago, Quadro said:

Currently the ticket system used doesn't have a regain ticket option for returning vehicles and in essence this is what you're suggesting but relabelled as a vehicle count to be separated from the tickets. The re-spawn timer is there to punish players for losing a vehicle and that punishment increases depending on how valuable the vehicle is. If there is no re-spawn timer and just a vehicle count players will use whatever vehicle they like, get it blown up and hop straight back into it straight away back at base! Imagine a squad finally dealt with a tank for it to only appear again five minutes later!?!

I have not mentioned removing the timer,  there would still be a timer if lost.. but if people have left vehicles all over the map then the ticket count for the tank may not be enough so vehicles need returned... leave an abandoned vehicle and it gets blown up, you may have cost your team the ability to bring in the armour...

1 hour ago, Quadro said:

Not to mention players will eat away at the vehicle count like something crazy. Yes, you could up the vehicle count but it would be absolute mayhem, the amount of vehicles you would see rolling up time after time after eliminating them would be frankly ridiculous and balance breaking.

I have never mentioned removing the timer once?

1 hour ago, Quadro said:

There absolutely needs to be a re-spawn timer. Vehicle count is along the lines of what we're both saying, sure. To include the option to recoup the vehicle count by RTBing.. I'm not sure what benefit that really has to any fun or what integral part it has to play.

I have never mentioned anything about removing the timer....