Sign in to follow this  
Zylfrax791

Complexities

After playing this latest patch since it came out I'm noticing its becoming readily apparent that the intrinsic built in mechanic of the AAS game seems to have become way too complex for most of the general community. Match after match on different servers on different days you can witness random squads completely unrelated to each other performing almost exactly the same oddball tactics and strategies that are more than often diametrically opposite of what they should be doing. Its almost like people are stuck in some kind of v9 circular time loop essentially.

Personally I've always played casually just strictly for entertainment purposes but it just seems odd to me that regardless of the measures the devs put into the game to slow the pacing and modify players behavior in a particular fashion people just always seem to revert back to the same inherent rituals of rushing the middle flag, getting wiped out, wasting most if not all the vics then losing the flags one by one sequentially as the entire team is completely out of position. Its quite entertaining to observe and often results in the protagonists blaming others for the consequences of their actions. Quite hilarious really as they chastise one another.

That said, I'm really interested to see if the rumored "Fog of War" hiding these quintessential flags might make a difference or perhaps the inclusion of the long awaited Commander role with some power & control over some aspect of the match might make a difference.

You're on point. 

I have stopped playing for the last couple of weeks because I'm also witnessing the same behaviour. Squads have become separated into their own endeavours. The feeling of working in a squad along side another squad for an overall team goal has almost completely disappeared. That might be a bit of an exaggeration but that is how it feels.

Fog of War is certainly going to make things interesting. It's not going to stop people from rushing ahead. Players aren't bound to the capture objectives displayed on their maps and will no doubt rush forward regardless to get that upper hand. It still won't fix anything that we're currently talking about in my opinion.

Edited by Quadro

You guys really gotta pick different servers to play on, like yeah i do see it sometimes, but it's really not that bad in my experience.

Some good ways to get a good squad togethet, and the team as a whole, is to create a squad with a name that instantly makes your role clear.

Talk with the other squadleaders and force them into responding if they dont talk right away. Make a plan together as you go, since plans made before the round starts often fall apart once you meet the enemy. Just keep communicating from your side and often they'll do the same.

I just go where my SL says. I've never paid much attention, or cared that much about the "bigger picture".

I guess I haven't noticed how/why rushing to the middle flag is no longer the objective. I just know it's ALWAYS been a death sentence 80% of the time to us lambs for the slaughter in the back of the transport. 

So, what's changed in v12 to make the mad rush to the middle, no longer the plan to end all plans? 

Edited by Lipton (Easy)

1 hour ago, Lipton (Easy) said:

*snip*

Yeah i guess, i never like to rush anyways. I want to hear from other squads about where the enemy is and where they're going before i start wasting my players and assets lol.

I partially blame the new wave respawns for some of the chaos.  Being down/dead is no longer a time for checking out the map and briefing yourself on how the battle is going while you wait for a revive.  Instead you have to fumble through the extra clicks to see if you win the respawn timer lottery.

I'm also seeing way more squads separated from their own SL because the SL decided to check out the map for a couple second before rallying, which now can set him back 60+ seconds from spawning with his troops.  So there are more bored, headless squads running around, and once a squad is spread around gathering them is almost impossible.

Something I've tried with friends a couple times (that seems to work) is I know they understand how to lead properly and they understand I know how to lead properly, we make our own squads and all of the sudden we have other squad leads we 100% know we can depend on.

its true .

the game the UI the map everything become so unnatural . i just deleted the game for now . 
its just not fun to play ....honesly something missing . 

in PR i can join a server after 2 yaers of not playing and its feels so natural what to press what to do  and etc

4 hours ago, virusman said:

its true .

the game the UI the map everything become so unnatural . i just deleted the game for now . 
its just not fun to play ....honesly something missing . 

in PR i can join a server after 2 yaers of not playing and its feels so natural what to press what to do  and etc

So basically what you're saying is that you just fail to get used to new things and changes that Squad brings in the recent update?

I mean, i had to get used to it, but as a guy who often squad leads, i love the new map and UI, it actually helps a great deal for me compared to V11.

31 minutes ago, Guan_Yu007 said:

So basically what you're saying is that you just fail to get used to new things and changes that Squad brings in the recent update?

I mean, i had to get used to it, but as a guy who often squad leads, i love the new map and UI, it actually helps a great deal for me compared to V11.

no ... not  at all ...
who ever design there UI & UX  ... is making poor design .

the screen need to be clear of what stuff you can press and what you can with the menu . 

right now i found my self click on stuff that shouldnt be clicked .

they just need to test different styles and make it more INTUITIVE

There's no way to tell the competency level of the people you're supposed to trust.

Pretty much every pubbie match starts like this: "Who's gonna get the backcaps?" That should tell you something right there...