DoofieLad

Low FPS On Fairly Decent Specs

Hello!

I purchased Squad a long time ago on my old gaming laptop and was never able to run it, however, a couple of weeks ago I brought a new PC (specs below). its a much better upgrade than the one I had, still not the best but I feel it should be able to run Squad better than it seems to be at the moment. In test range i can get up to about 50 fps max on medium settings, FXAA on, everything else turned off 1920 x 1080. Online (which I know would drop fps a lot more) I get about 20-40 fps. 40 fps when there is no shooting going on and more chilled area, basically back at base but still very rare. to some this is good, WHICH IT IS! don't get me wrong that's still good but when it goes to 20 fps the game become unplayable and no more fun and it sits at that when I am actually in the war zone. Not to mention this doesn't happen with any other games other than arma 3 to which ultra settings or low settings i sit at 20 fps no change at all, but that's a different problem.

If anyone is able to help me fix this or give me an explanation to what it could possibly be that's causing such low fps, it would be much appreciated. Im expecting my specs to be the main reason though. 

Specs:

Windows 10 64-Bit

8GB Ram

AMD Athlon x4 950 Quad core Processor

3.5Ghz

Nvidia Geforce GTX 1050 2GB Ram

120GB SSD

1TB HDD

75hz Monitor

1920x1080

Any help at all would be very much appreciated!

Luke

p.s Sorry if this is on the wrong thread. 

Unfortunately the cpu on that rig seems to be very bad for gaming 

It gets about 1700 points for single threaded on this list whereas the minimum spec for squad gets 1900 (Intel 2500k)

https://www.cpubenchmark.net/singleThread.html

That cpu issue is also why arma gets low fps I think