Sign in to follow this  
Gatzby

Alpha 12 SDK is Live!

Hey squaddies!

Epic has approved the alpha 12 SDK and you should be able to update now!

The modding team stresses that you should recook your mods even if they already work in Alpha 12 as mod compression was added. (Zak mentioned he took about HALF the file size out of some mods -- do it!)

You can find the SDK in the Epic Launcher.

any chance of a little video on how the new modder should work. 

i second that Smee. particularly to do with lighting (and shadows) - my two biggest problems i don't know how to fix.

great work on the new SDK everyone. <TwoThumbsUp> :)

@Gatzby:

I just realised my SDK install is 107GB ... !!   -  is this right? i thought it was about 30'ishGB

have had two crashes due to out-of-memory errors and it just crashed on start-up, so i'm doing a "Verify" to see if it fixes anything.

or do i need to uninstall and then reinstall the SDK?

Checking with the modding folks. A larger filesize than Squad (which would be closer to 30gb) wouldn't surprise me, given the need for all the assets and whatnot.

26 minutes ago, Gatzby said:

Checking with the modding folks. A larger filesize than Squad (which would be closer to 30gb) wouldn't surprise me, given the need for all the assets and whatnot.

Looks like an SDK install is roughly 103 gb, plus or minus ~10 for DDC, and whatever you're working on yourself. 8 gb RAM being used wouldn't surprise me, in general, these days, as Guan_Yu007 mentioned.

Unlike all the previous versions prior to v11 that worked just fine for me the v12 SDK crashes to the desktop every half hour or so just like v11 version and also like the v11 version pushing the Play in Editor button gives me a unrecoverable freeze that can only be fixed by a hard restart. Maybe I'll try again when it rolls to v13 because this current version is highly unstable.

Glad i went all the way to 32GB, instead of just upping to 16GB.

Nothing opened:

Squadv12_ram usage

Very basic map loaded:

Squadv12_ram usage_basic map loaded

not really sure what it needs all those 17 GB for.

;)