jacksonforq

More tickets, longer games

In general, what are y'alls' opinions on the longer games due to the addition of more tickets from the v12 patch?  Personally, it is great when I can lead a squad for an hour and a half through many different situations, but sometimes these extended games turn into extended superfob battles with never ending supply lines and long stalemates.  I feel that these situations could be remedied with the eventual implementation of transport Helicopters.

The addition of aerial vehicles in squad will definitely have an impact on the length of game play.  The length of games do vary depending on the play of the squads.  Personally the long games are the good games as they are sometimes very close in score wise and its usually who ever has the better strategy or last the longest with the supplies they have/ can obtain.  I think the addition of more tickets was a very good addition to the game.   

I LOVE LONGER GAMES.

Great to find commited players.

1 hour ago, jacksonforq said:

but sometimes these extended games turn into extended superfob battles with never ending supply lines and long stalemates.  I feel that these situations could be remedied with the eventual implementation of transport Helicopters.

When that happends and you´re squad leading, then maybe it´s a good opportunity to attack the enemy supply lines and not the Fob. A Fob is way weaker without ammo. Ambush enemy logis and you´ll overcome that war. 

Problem is, not many players think that far ahead.

Did they only make it so you have 150 tickets attacking for invasion??? I personally dont like how they changed that. I think 200 is just the right amount. especially with the addition of new vehicles it seems you lose tickets faster. I think this is just going to lead to shorter games where the defending team wins more. The attacking team is already at a disadvantage and decreasing tickets makes it harder than it already is. I do not like how they lowered the ticket amount.

Longer games are great if you have a good team. Not so much if you don't. 

I like the new ticket changes. Games last anywhere from 40 mins - 1.5 hours unless it is an evenly matched game. I think this is the sweet spot.

Before games consistently lasted between the full 1 - 2 hours mostly always lasting 1.5 hours.

1 minute ago, Nossa said:

Longer games are great if you have a good team. Not so much if you don't. 

This

If the team is garbage, let it die. Then shuffle.

Yet, most people just want to jump on for a few games, but cant with lot more tickets, they can only have 1 game, so i like the ticket lessen, since it makes it hard for those who want to have a few games, but the longer games made it much harder, some games took 1 hour and half, thats almost the amount of time i have to play. 

i would have liked it if we had the more tickets but had a lot more ticket loss for assets, flags and Radios. so if that was to happen, that would be the great middle ground.

but till then the new change is the best 

On 12/1/2018 at 12:11 PM, Dathomir Maulers said:

Longer games are great, especially if its down to the last couple of tickets

I feel like if you have a garbage team then the game is not going to last as long though. 

I personally enjoy the longer matches. I'm completely fine with 2 hour matches. However, I've noticed after an hour the younger players literally get fatigued and start asking about tickets and complaining about admin needing to roll the map. Honestly I'd cap all the AAS layers at exactly 1 hour just to keep the overall community engaged. Anything above an hour is simply way too much for the average persons attention span.

10 hours ago, Zylfrax791 said:

I personally enjoy the longer matches. I'm completely fine with 2 hour matches. However, I've noticed after an hour the younger players literally get fatigued and start asking about tickets and complaining about admin needing to roll the map. Honestly I'd cap all the AAS layers at exactly 1 hour just to keep the overall community engaged. Anything above an hour is simply way too much for the average persons attention span.

I enjoy a 2-hour match as well, but only if it is going to be a close game. Those are the only games that actually end up lasting 2 hours. I'm sure you've seen those wins where its like 10 tickets or less.