Sign in to follow this  
_Mason_

Vehicle Comms?

I've seen a few discussions about this before, but I thought with the introduction of MBT's I'd go ahead and ask to see if the position has changed both within the community and the dev team.

It's been said we won't be getting any additional comms since it would force the use of more buttons and limit inter-squad communication. However I'd like to request a vehicle comm button, even if it's a comm line that needs to be bound to even be put into use because currently I'm trying to run multiple armour group (had some great success with 3 strykers in one squad on Fools Road. Transpo and fire support ftw. :> Smoke grenades rule. <3) or in some cases a mechanised group. And for some ungodly reason, even though I have local on 200% at all times, I cannot hear a goddamn word my driver or gunner say if they shout it in local. Which means we're forced to use squad chat to communicate and it simply fills it with chatter that goes over the inf/other veh's chat. Surely if you're in an APC, IFV or MBT you're wearing a headset, so why the hell are the engines so loud?! If we're wearing headsets surely we can communicate crystal clear with minimal background noise?

And no, turning the sound effects down won't help. I already have them at 80%. 9/10 someone shouts out "vic engine at X" and I'm like "What? I don't hear a thing.. You sure?" And I can't slam them up in order to hear enemies since it only makes it even harder to communicate in local. Even on foot, I have to be within 3-5m of someone to hear them. And no, I have no other audio issues with any other game, and I use a RIG-800HD which has fantastic audio quality and yes, my local is always at 200%. :D

So I was just wondering if perhaps there are plans for this?

Wouldn`t it just help if everybody who enters a vehicle just has the same "position" hearing and speaking wise. Thus using local would be as if they are all ride next to you. (Schould be as loud as Squadcomms) If someone is standing next to the vehicel, he would hear them all from the same position, but i don`t think that would matter to much.

Maybe with some exeptions like Trucks and Cars where you wouldn`t use intra vic comms irl.

I think it's a great idea. I can imagine it's extremely difficult to hear in armored vehicles.

Personally, I hate the claustrophobic tin cans. But, for people that like them... it seems a reasonable need.