Sign in to follow this  
MahGodzilla

Taking cover in unarmoured vehicles

I would like to make a suggestion I came up with yesterday while playing Squad. We were driving in a militia's techie and got under heavy infantry fire. Our squad leader was sitting near me and got shot in a head and killed.

Here's my suggestion, it would be great if the devs added a game mechanic that would allow players to take cover in the seat of unarmoured vehicles like techies and supply trucks. If our squad leader was able to slide down or bend down in a seat maybe he would have been alive.

Edited by MahGodzilla

This is something we'd kinda like to do, at the very least, for gunning positions. Right now, there are some positions you can aim that provide some cover for your model, but someday we'd like to have a duck/turnout mechanic. Something to investigate a little more thoroughly after we're done building the vehicles though. =)

If i remember, in Battlefield 2 classic gameplay you can press CTRL- crouch, while in tank or jeep open MG position, and the character sitting down while vehicle taking damage, and it's rather increase chance to survive in combat.

2 hours ago, RostRazzor said:

If i remember, in Battlefield 2 classic gameplay you can press CTRL- crouch, while in tank or jeep open MG position, and the character sitting down while vehicle taking damage, and it's rather increase chance to survive in combat.

Definitely needed feature at the moment, with would increase the usability of vehicles such as the british bulldog apc.