Sign in to follow this  
OXOTHNK

New vehicles for Insurgent/Militia factions !

There are many different techie military vehicles used in modern conflicts. 

I think that devs shouldn't stop adding new ones and give more variety. 

That would make the game more interesting. 

Here my examples of new vehicles are that I believe should be added. 

1. Toyota Hilux + mounted M1937 37mm soviet AA cannon. I saw many times this variation used various groups in modern conflicts. As I believe Insurgents must have weapon that can destroy medium armored vehicles such as warrior, MRAP or BTRs. Also it would be good for usage against Helies once it's added. First of all, I hope that you will finally add Hilux since this car that Opfors factions have is too small to mount ZSU, ZPU or M1937.

xVrPkd3r.jpg

2. S-57 57mm Soviet cannon mounted by URAL, Daihatsu, Hyundai or any other truck. 

This shell's caliber could penetrate even Bradley's armour and also would make gameplay more interesting. 

fcoyWiJ_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

3. T-55

Also using the chance I want to mention again that Insurgents need their own tank. I believe that t-55 would be nice decision since this is pretty old tank and is not so modern as t-62. 

4. ZPU-4, ZPU-2 

These heavy machine guns can be mounted by Hilux as well. It has 14.5 caliber  same as BTR-80 cannon. 

Could be equipped by high explosive shells and would make Opfor factions more chances to fight with Blufor. 

2eobdjr.jpg

Thx for attention. Hopefully Squad will become more realistic and similar to modern conflicts. 

Heh, we have fans of technicals on the team, especially up-armed and armored variants, so there's a pretty good chance more variety will appear in the future. Believe we're focused more on fleshing out tanks and choppers at the moment, though. (Though the rocket techie did just get a little love!)

Personally, I'm not sure any modern conflict is complete without a Hilux.

On 26.11.2018 at 6:59 PM, Gatzby said:

Heh, we have fans of technicals on the team, especially up-armed and armored variants, so there's a pretty good chance more variety will appear in the future. Believe we're focused more on fleshing out tanks and choppers at the moment, though. (Though the rocket techie did just get a little love!)

Personally, I'm not sure any modern conflict is complete without a Hilux.

Thx for the response. 

I also would like to advise that adding some old ATGM types is a good idea. 

For example soviet ATGM Konkurs is widely used. 

And make it costing 1000 constuction points. 

That would make hunting on tanks really exciting