Sign in to follow this  
Capt_Suicide

No Sound at all in game, period.

Hi,

Signed up looking for help to solve my issue.

Currently I have no sound what so ever in game. No intro music, background music, sound effects, pleaople talking...nothing. 

The audio device I use is set to default, I know it works because it works in every other application/game other than squad.

I have recently bought a new headset and sound card - sennheiser gsp 300 (wired 3.5mm jack) and sound blaster z, but was previously using some old turtle beaches and on board audio. The sound didnt work with either configuration and hasn't done for the past few updates or 4-6 months. Finally fed up of "hoping" for it to fix it up so coming on here to see if you guys can help.

I have also reinstalled the game twice, verified integrity of game cache multple times and also deleted squad folder in appdata multiple times, to no avail.

So has anyone got any other suggestions for what I can try?

Thank you

Edited by Capt_Suicide

I have the Soundblaster Z and a Sennheiser Game One in Black

Sometimes when starting the game there is no sound.

However I just quit and restart the game and there is sound.

My sound setting in the game is on Epic.

Edited by Nubski

I'm having the same issue, but over bluetooth. It works flawlessly for every other game and application, but I get absolutely nothing in Squad. No game music, no sound effects, no voice, nothing. I've tried with both Epic and Not Epic sound settings.

The funny thing is, not only do I get no sound from Squad, but Squad kills all the sound coming from my computer. Iif I leave Spotify open in the background, I'll hear the music like one would expect. As soon as I launch Squad, I hear a distorted click (like someone pulling out the 3.5mm plug), then silence. No spotify music, no desktop sounds, no game sounds, etc. Alt-Tabbing out, I have no sound in any application. Then, as soon as I quit Squad, my spotify music and desktop sounds come back.

I tried it with 2 different headphones and 1 set of speakers and get the same result.