DanielNL

Why do only few servers run AAS/RAAS tank maps regularly?

Why do only few servers run the 3 good tank maps Yehorivka, Tallil and Gorodok regularly? Most of the time only 5-10% of the gameservers I see run these maps in a tank layout (with tanks actually being in the map, so NOT Tallil RAAS v2 and NEITHER Yehorivka RAASv2, which apparently have no tanks at all)

Please state your theories, especially if you have statistics for what players don't like currently about tank maps (other than new no-microphone players obviously stealing the HAT kit and admins not dealing with the fact that "only communicating players are allowed to use the HAT kit, for game-balancing reasons" for example)

Edited by DanielNL

Probably because vehicles are bugged and having one side win based on luck is unsportsmanlike.

19 minutes ago, Arduras said:

Probably because vehicles are bugged and having one side win based on luck is unsportsmanlike.

Are all the vehicles in the current version actually bugged? I hadn't heard this.

Hadn't heard either, which bug specifically? (Or one example if there are several)

Don't think it's a fact that few are running them more the layers and maplists are getting bigger. There was a conversation  the other night supposed to be 60 possible combination so less chance your get the map or even layer you want.

Last night for the first time ever I played the Kamdesh US/RU layer that gives 1 MBT per faction. I never even knew this existed. So yes, I've noticed pretty much the same thing with all the NA servers shying away from the tank layers in their rotations for some reason. Also servers are applying new supplemental rules to the accusition and utilization of MBT's as well which is quite ridiculous in my opinion.

If you destroy vehicles in the test range vs live play they are much easier. Live play there's something wrong with hitreg/damage localization making vehicles often nigh indestructible. (ie a logi can soak a hat to the engine, or a hat period and just keep on truckin')

On 11/24/2018 at 7:09 AM, DanielNL said:

Why do only few servers run the 3 good tank maps Yehorivka, Tallil and Gorodok regularly? Most of the time only 5-10% of the gameservers I see run these maps in a tank layout (with tanks actually being in the map, so NOT Tallil RAAS v2 and NEITHER Yehorivka RAASv2, which apparently have no tanks at all)

Please state your theories, especially if you have statistics for what players don't like currently about tank maps (other than new no-microphone players obviously stealing the HAT kit and admins not dealing with the fact that "only communicating players are allowed to use the HAT kit, for game-balancing reasons" for example)

Maybe, because a lot of people are like me. When one of those maps loads up... I leave the server. I don't like playing those maps. I'm an infantry player. I don't want to play a map that is made for tanks and now  sucks to be nothing but infantry fodder for those tanks. I want to play maps where I can have great INFANTRY battles. I don't want some lame tank from either team coming in and ruining the fun. Maybe squad run servers are seeing a trend where they have an instant drop in server pop when one of those maps loads up. So, to keep their server full... they're starting to shy away from those maps until some semblance of balance is restored to the infantry vs armor game? 

Edited by Lipton (Easy)

@Lipton (Easy) Not sure how people can say that, i've had some really good infantry experiences on Talil and Yeho. The desert outside of the airbase and villages are made for tanks yeah, but it seems to me that those maps are pretty well balanced. Golden rule for infantry, can't take it out? Don't engage it.

The new Yeho and Talil are my favourite maps right now, And i've barely ever touched a tank, mechanized infantry is the most vehicle-like squad i've made in the game so far.

Bottom line armor doesn't capture flags, dismounts do. Certain flags are vulnerable to armor but most aren't if you play smart and stay out of sight. I've seen plenty of matches won by the team that choses to leave the armor back at main and just quietly roll in with transports and logis.

On 11/25/2018 at 10:49 AM, Arduras said:

If you destroy vehicles in the test range vs live play they are much easier. Live play there's something wrong with hitreg/damage localization making vehicles often nigh indestructible. (ie a logi can soak a hat to the engine, or a hat period and just keep on truckin')

I can totally confirm this.  I shot 2 Kornet Rockets at a US troop truck and it did not destroy the damn thing, but 1 shot at a Bradley and it turned to ash.  It is very frustrating when you cannot depend on your Anti Tank equipment and personnel because of this.

Would be great if you can save the recording the next time this happens